Anyone here Twitter?

Angel With A Broken Wing

I read a news article yesterday about how Twitter.com is the latest & greatest in networking sites. Here's a similar story -- Politicians twitter throughout address to Congress like bored schoolchildre

So I checked out the site to see what it's all about and it looks like nothing more than a one-way chat room to me. Can anyone clue me in on it's attraction?

I was curious about Twitter, since I got hooked on MySpace and Facebook. Is it just about status updates?

Depends - some people post links to articles relating to their business and some people post silly stuff or just general updates about their day, random thoughts.

Depends - some people post links to articles relating to their business and some people post silly stuff or just general updates about their day, random thoughts.

Maybe I'll set up an account there this weekend just to see what it's all about.

:lol: Sorry to disappoint dzldoc. So, what have you been twittering lately?

To the others above, thanks for your responses. Yes, it does sound just like the Status Updates on MySpace & Facebook. Which are limited to your own sphere of friends. And I gather that Twitter works best if you're tracking a few, or a manageable amount, of people. I thought it was to see what everyone in the world ate for dinner.

:lol: Sorry to disappoint dzldoc. So, what have you been twittering lately?

To the others above, thanks for your responses. Yes, it does sound just like the Status Updates on MySpace & Facebook. Which are limited to your own sphere of friends. And I gather that Twitter works best if you're tracking a few, or a manageable amount, of people. I thought it was to see what everyone in the world ate for dinner.

If you follow a bunch of people, it can get a bit almost overwhelming if they tweet a lot, especially if you aren't in front of the computer for long stretches of time. I am still not sure about the whole thing yet.

I joined, but I'm not at the laptop enough to get the most out of it, so it seemed a bit pointless. A lot of people do it by mobile phone.. like Stephen Fry, who is the only person so far I tagged to follow.

I bet Alan Carr is fun, knebs :D

Like I said, I've only got one person I'm following on Twitter, and I believe I've only got one person who is following me on Twitter. I'm not so sure I like it--I haven't figured out how to find friends other than through my email account, one of which isn't "supported" by the website.

I guess Twitter if just kind of facebook updates on crack. I don't know what I think about that--I've been trying hard not to update my facebook status too much to begin with, LOL.

Like I said, I've only got one person I'm following on Twitter, and I believe I've only got one person who is following me on Twitter. I'm not so sure I like it--I haven't figured out how to find friends other than through my email account, one of which isn't "supported" by the website.

I guess Twitter if just kind of facebook updates on crack. I don't know what I think about that--I've been trying hard not to update my facebook status too much to begin with, LOL.

I'm following one blogger on Twitter, and there are 2 people following me, although I haven't tweeted at all. So far, most of my friends and professional contacts are not using Twitter.

I'm following one blogger on Twitter, and there are 2 people following me, although I haven't tweeted at all. So far, most of my friends and professional contacts are not using Twitter.

I have people following me and I can't understand why :lol: I use it for business purposes and they have nothing to do with that. I don't tweet much so it's a bit of a mystery. I still don't totally find it useful but sometimes it's interesting.

I think I'm getting the hang of it now. I'm only following a few bands and their "Official Twitters". But I think I like it so far. I do like the privacy aspect how you can only approve who follows you.

I spent some time on Twitter today and followed a couple more blogs and news feeds. However what the bloggers are tweeting is not relevant to the subjects they blog about, so it's still really not that useful.

Does anyone have Facebook updates appear as tweets? I'm wondering if I can cherry pick certain news feed items that are work related, but omit those that aren't.

I spent some time on Twitter today and followed a couple more blogs and news feeds. However what the bloggers are tweeting is not relevant to the subjects they blog about, so it's still really not that useful.

Does anyone have Facebook updates appear as tweets? I'm wondering if I can cherry pick certain news feed items that are work related, but omit those that aren't.

That's my question with Twitter. I follow well known bloggers who never post anything beyond asides and comments about their day :blink:

I don't use Facebook updates that way so I can't help you out there.

Archived