Plant Does Elvis w/ Rockpile

On a side note, I always thought Nick Lowe never got his due. Anyone own "Labour Of Lust"? Oh shit, what a great album. :D His cover of "Switchboard Susan" is a KILLER. The whole album is a flawless mix of rock, pop and country. Pity it hasn't been available on CD in years. :angry:

On a side note, I always thought Nick Lowe never got his due. Anyone own "Labour Of Lust"? Oh shit, what a great album. :D His cover of "Switchboard Susan" is a KILLER. The whole album is a flawless mix of rock, pop and country. Pity it hasn't been available on CD in years. :angry:

There's a nice article on him in the current issue of Mojo. Not too familiar with his music though I probably know more than I'm aware.

I love this version of Little Sister. This was just about the time I was starting to get into Led Zeppelin. Right after ITTOD was released. Robert and Led Zeppelin always covered Elvis so well. A couple more of my faves include Heartbreak Hotel and (You're So Square), Baby I Don't Care. A particularly great version from Hamburg in '73.

I love this version of Little Sister. This was just about the time I was starting to get into Led Zeppelin. Right after ITTOD was released. Robert and Led Zeppelin always covered Elvis so well. A couple more of my faves include Heartbreak Hotel and (You're So Square), Baby I Don't Care. A particularly great version from Hamburg in '73.

It was great to see Robert sing Can't Help Falling In Love at the Arthur Lee benefit. One of my favorite Elvis tunes too :)

Me me me!! Though in fact I think I liked Jesus of Cool even better! :D

I totally love Nick Lowe and Dave Edmunds - just great, honest artists.

There's a nice article on him in the current issue of Mojo. Not too familiar with his music though I probably know more than I'm aware.

Lowe produced Elvis Costello's first five albums and wrote (What's So Funny 'Bout)" Peace, Love, and Understanding"

I totally love Nick Lowe and Dave Edmunds - just great, honest artists.

Love Dave Edmunds! Saw him in concert many moons ago in a small theater. Fantastic.

Lowe produced Elvis Costello's first five albums and wrote (What's So Funny 'Bout)" Peace, Love, and Understanding"

Very cool. I knew the name but I didn't have the what he did down :)

Right on, Dude!! Yes, an excellent album for sure! Cripes, "Switchboard Susan"!! Haven't heard that in years!

Here is Robert playing Macca's bass during the all star Lucille (he's in the back) Bonzo is playing drums on the second level but the cameras don't show him...Jonesy is playing bass as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CKLpQK7-IE

And here is Robert doing backing vocals with Linda McCartney

The first one I have on compilation but I've not seen the one for Let It Be so thanks!

Artistic licence - it isn't plugged in, and he's barely touching it! :D

You can totally see Jonesy and him exchanging words with laughter the whole time.

"Jonesy, how do you play this bloody thing?" :P

Edited to Add: It's always nice of Townshend to remind us how plastered he was that night. :D

Archived