Available at Newstands (Nearly) Everywhere

SteveAJones

Here's a first look at the upcoming Mojo cover on Jimmy:

mojo_jp_2010.jpg

post-5-126192553903_thumb.jpg

EDIT: problem with our server.

Has anyone in the States found the Feb. issue of MOJO yet on the shelves to buy? Just curious, I have been looking for it for about 2-3 weeks now with no luck! I can't wait to get a copy of it!

Has anyone in the States found the Feb. issue of MOJO yet on the shelves to buy? Just curious, I have been looking for it for about 2-3 weeks now with no luck! I can't wait to get a copy of it!

Same here. I've been doing "drive-bys" at my local Barnes& Noble for the past 2-3 weeks and haven't seen it yet. I've heard that it could be on the shelves as early as today or possible next week. I'll post here when I manage to find a copy.

I haven't found it yet either. I've got it on order from a local music store. They say it is "temporarily unavailable".

Hi Led Zep Gurl-

Are you in the Chicago area? I checked a Borders in Chicago last Thursday - no luck!

Janet,

No, I live in Springfield, IL. We only have B&N-no Borders store in town. I was in Decatur on Friday and checked Waldenbooks but nothing either! Maybe next week it will be out on shelves...this waiting is driving me nuts!

did the Mick wall book just come out in the states? i bought it from HMV christmas 2008! i read it and thought it was great! i didnt like the "1st person" point of view shit, you werent there micky boy, although he wasnt there for most of it, i know its all re hashed but its still cool to read the stories, true or false, they have done nothing to harm the image and legacy of Zep! cool pics too!

• 2 weeks later...

Guitarist (March 2010) (UK)

201003GuitaristUK.jpg

Guitarist's March 2010 issue, on sale now

Dave Grohl and Josh Homme talk guitar Nirvana

Them Crooked Vultures stars interviewed

"The $300 Epiphone that I have, it's one of my most faithful and greatest soldiers. It's the best hammer I have in my tool bag, because that's what I do: I hammer. I'm self-trained and I play because that's my religion: music."

Josh Homme's unique philosophy on gear and hammering it has led him to become one of this generation's most respected and influential guitarists. And he's putting that philosophy to stunning use in Them Crooked Vultures – you can read all about it in the March issue of Guitarist magazine, on sale in the UK today (16 February).

His drumming co-Vulture has a lot to say on the subject of guitars too. You may have heard of him…

"I consider myself Malcolm Young, that's how I like to play guitar," says Dave Grohl. "I like to play guitar like a drummer. When I look at a guitar I almost look at it like a drum set where your low E string is the kick drum, your A and D are the snare and so when you're writing riffs I use the lower notes as kick and snare and the higher notes as cymbals."

Like we said – a unique philosophy. So learn from the masters in issue 326 of Guitarist magazine with the definitive Them Crooked Vultures guitar interview which goes in-depth on the guitars, amps and pedals in their arsenal. Grohl also compares the Vultures' dynamic to that other rather famous power trio in which he occupied the drum stool: Nirvana.

Also interviewed in Guitarist issue 326: Foreigner's Mick Jones, Russian Circles' Mike Sullivan, The Noisettes' Dan Smith. There's also your chance to win one of two Taylor Build To Order guitars worth up to £3549, Guitarist's pick of the finest products from NAMM 2010, and definitive reviews of the hottest new gear including Fender's new American Specials, the Fuchs Overdrive Supreme Combo, crazy Moog and EHX pedals and much, much more.

http://www.musicrada...-nirvana-237007

Edited by SteveAJones

Going by the date of the concert they travelled back in time! wink.gif

laugh.gif

As you know, the Rave issue dated Jan 19-25 2010 hit newstands by the 19th, if not a day or two prior. No different

than the world's monthly rock music magazines, which usually hit newstands a month prior to their actual cover date.

• Administrators

laugh.gif

As you know, the Rave issue dated Jan 19-25 2010 hit newstands by the 19th, if not a day or two prior. No different

than the world's monthly rock music magazines, which usually hit newstands a month prior to their actual cover date.

I think he means the concert date advertised as "Jan. 25, 2001". :D