My First Guitar Center Experience!

Today, I feel accomplished. I went to Guitar Center for the first time. I do not want to type it again, so here is what have put on my MySpace.

I went to Garland and there is a Guitar Center there and my mom said we would go in. So, we found a parking place and went in. RIGHT WHEN I WALKED IN, I ALMOST FAINTED! IT WAS HEAVEN ON EARTH! There were guitars, basses, and drums everywhere! Well, as you all know, I have always wanted to play a bass. So I picked one up and started playing. I wasn't the best, but I was pretty good. I looked at my mom and said, "Hey, mom! I'm John Paul Jones!" It was extremely fun! After I played the bass, I was looking around the store and I saw a wall. A HUGE PICTURE OF JIMMY PAGE PLAYING HIS DOUBLE-NECK GUITAR WAS ON THAT AMAZING WALL! My mom was walking up beside me as I fell to the ground. She looked at me funny, but I was okay. Then, after 30 minuets of gazing at the beautiful wall, I looked at the guitars. I fainted for real this time, I THOUGHT I saw Jimmy's double-neck guitar! But, It was just a replica. But, the people are so nice in that store, they let you play ANY guitar. So I got the guitar off the stand oh so carefully, and I played it. IT WAS THE MOST EXHILARATING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE! I might be going back tomorrow!

Thank You For looking at this thread.

Edited by Heartbreaker_Girl

That's so sweet! If i met Jimmy in that store, I would faint, stare at him for twenty minuets, then introduce myself, show him how much i suck on the bass, then talk some more, maybe steal a kiss... :) me and my ideas! :rolleyes:

I would just stand there & look stupid :drool: I drool over guitars anyway, without Jimmy Page standing there.

I've never been to a "Guitar Center", but practically live at our local guitar shop - "Guitars USA".

It's always so peaceful...

Sounds like an amazing experience! :D

I frequently visit my local Guitar Center. They have a Jimmy Page edition Les Paul that I just love playing. They also have THREE Gibson EDS-1275 double neck guitars there, too! Two red ones like Jimmy's and a white one.

Another store that I frequent is Sam Ash. They also have a few of Jimmy's guitars over there. But the most amazing thing they have there is a Ludwig limited edition Stainless Steel drum kit exactly like the one Bonzo used from 1977 onwards.

Only a true Zeppelin fan can appreciate something like that. :D

Sounds like an amazing experience! :D

I frequently visit my local Guitar Center. They have a Jimmy Page edition Les Paul that I just love playing. They also have THREE Gibson EDS-1275 double neck guitars there, too! Two red ones like Jimmy's and a white one.

Another store that I frequent is Sam Ash. They also have a few of Jimmy's guitars over there. But the most amazing thing they have there is a Ludwig limited edition Stainless Steel drum kit exactly like the one Bonzo used from 1977 onwards.

Only a true Zeppelin fan can appreciate something like that. :D

well, I'm in Houston right now, I think there is a Guitar Center on the way back home...

I might go again today... I hope there's another Jimmy wall :wub:

I personally dont like Guitar Center only becuase they never have what I want, employees never leave you alone, and the fact they would advertise if a celebrity guitarist has been there.

Although, I had one great time there where I was playing "Stairway to Heaven" on an Epiphone double neck and my keyboardist for my band went off into the and played the flute part/piano part. Right at the time the drums came in, some dude started playing it. People (employess and customers) sang the lyrics. It was really cool. I played a longer improv solo kinda like MSG 1973/Earl's Court 1975 mix. Lots of people cheered. :lol::DB)

Edited by JimmyPageZoSo56

I personally dont like Guitar Center only becuase they never have what I want, employees never leave you alone, and the fact they would advertise if a celebrity guitarist has been there.

Although, I had one great time there where I was playing "Stairway to Heaven" on an Epiphone double neck and my keyboardist for my band went off into the and played the flute part/piano part. Right at the time the drums came in, some dude started playing it. People (employess and customers) sang the lyrics. It was really cool. I played a longer improv solo kinda like MSG 1973/Earl's Court 1975 mix. Lots of people cheered. :lol::DB)

I love it when stuff like that happens!

One time, I was playing the opening riff to Achilles Last Stand on a Jimmy Page edition Les Paul. Just as I stopped to adjust my amp, a guy across the store took over for me and played the main riff. B)

I can understand advertising if a celeb was there - it's an endorsement for them :)

I love it when stuff like that happens!

One time, I was playing the opening riff to Achilles Last Stand on a Jimmy Page edition Les Paul. Just as I stopped to adjust my amp, a guy across the store took over for me and played the main riff. B)

Things like that remind me why I devote my life to music... :wub:

Edited by ms_zeppelin94

• 2 weeks later...