The world is gonna end

leozeppelin

Teen idols have been around for years and years - there's nothing new about the mania surrounding the Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana. True to form, they'll fade away and before you know it, others will take their place. I'm not sure I'd say only a few people know about Zep - they were and are hugely popular.

Exactly! Every generation has had its pick of teen idols. so I would hardly say "the world is gonna end" because these teen idols are so popular right now. For a band like Zeppelin who has sold over 300 million albums and have carved a permanent place in musical history, they have done extremely well for themselves!! More than a "few" people have heard of them, that's for sure. :D

I personally don't wish death on Miley or a Jonas brother. We all know that if one of them dies, they will be regarded as amazing musicians, no matter how good (or bad) they were when the lived.

I agree, I think they are both crappy but like after they have died they will be like "oh they were the best singers" blah blah blah blah.

I don't want this to sound mean but whenever after anybody dies everybody says how great they were regardless of what they did.

I KNOW! All my friends love the Gayness Jonas Brothers and I hate them. I mean, what the big deal?! Three guys singin' together, and they aren't even cute! They probably jerk it together! They are all friggin' annoyin'!And don't get me started on Hannah Slutty Montana! I hate to share the same name as her! When I turn sixteen, I'm changing my name to... any ideas???

PS, I only know three people in my school that listens to Zep. Not countin' me.

Jimmie Paige :D

You need to come to my school, a lot of my friends love Zeppelin. My ex-boyfriend is the only other person I know that can air-bow the whole 1/2 hr Dazed & Confused. Several of us get together &speak in lyrics sometimes :D Good Times...

PS- I'm gonna do my part & carry Zep on to my children, so that's less youngsters to worry about

Edited by ms_zeppelin94

I've heard Led Zeppelin referred to as a "he" several times at my school. That's not good.

Same here, my friend Mike is my age, and he referred to Led Zeppelin as a 'he', but I'm teachin' everyone at my school 'bout Zep. Even the teachers... If you spread the word 'bout Zeppelin 'round the world, they won't die out... So, I'm not worried!

Jimmie Paige :D

You need to come to my school, a lot of my friends love Zeppelin. My ex-boyfriend is the only other person I know that can air-bow the whole 1/2 hr Dazed & Confused. Several of us get together &speak in lyrics sometimes :D Good Times...

PS- I'm gonna do my part & carry Zep on to my children, so that's less youngsters to worry about

That's a good one, I might do that! :D

Well, firstly, you're not giving the 'newest' (:huh:) generation enough credit. Plenty of kids out there listen to Zeppelin - and many other great bands - because they like to. They're not always raised with them, either. I wasn't, yet I'm the biggest fan I know (ofcourse I'm gonna say that!). People, old and young, will listen to the music of their liking for generations to come. They won't always have that influence that some of their peers will have, but that's no worry - the music they'll listen to will still be popular.

For as long as we have the means (and passion) to listen to music, it will never die out.

There's just as much chance of Mozart dying out, and, as you're read in the aforementioned posts, that's not happening anytime soon. And, besides, 20 million people applying for O2 tickets hardly seems like the end of the world.

Well, firstly, you're not giving the 'newest' (:huh:) generation enough credit. Plenty of kids out there listen to Zeppelin - and many other great bands - because they like to. They're not always raised with them, either. I wasn't, yet I'm the biggest fan I know (ofcourse I'm gonna say that!). People, old and young, will listen to the music of their liking for generations to come. They won't always have that influence that some of their peers will have, but that's no worry - the music they'll listen to will still be popular.

For as long as we have the means (and passion) to listen to music, it will never die out.

There's just as much chance of Mozart dying out, and, as you're read in the aforementioned posts, that's not happening anytime soon. And, besides, 20 million people applying for O2 tickets hardly seems like the end of the world.

Another well put post! Hold on a sec.... There We go!

:goodpost:

Edited by Heartbreaker_Girl

Thanks ^_^

Zeppelin have had 29 years to fade away, and I reckon that they're just as popular today as they were on the 25th September 1980.

For as long as you want to listen to something, it won't end.

Indeed and as I said earlier, good music will stand the test of time. I have no fear Zep will be popular for many many many years to come :D

I think we can thank The Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana for killing the minds of our young children... Im waiting for them to die off :( Im hoping it wont take that long

There will always be "teeny bopper" singing "stars." Heck, that's how Frank Sinatra started out. During Zep's time there was Bobby Sherman, David Cassidy, Donny Osmond, Leif Garrett, Andy Gibb. The machine keeps on spitting them out.

You do remember some little tart name Britney not too long ago, don't ya?

Edited by dpat

There will always be "teeny bopper" singing "stars." Heck, that's how Frank Sinatra started out. During Zep's time there was Bobby Sherman, David Cassidy, Donny Osmond, Leif Garrett, Andy Gibb. The machine keeps on spitting them out.

You do remember some little tart name Britney not too long ago, don't ya?

I loved Leif Garrett's Hair :D..random

For some reason I can stand Britney, I dont hate her..

But for a reason I cant explain I hate the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana..

• 4 weeks later...

the internet

the wikipedia

i tunes

the o2 concert

rolling stone

cds

mothership dvd

concert dvds

all these things and more will secure the zeppelin legacy and ...satisfaction guaranteed

they would never be forgotten ...unless mozart is forgoten

nothing is forgotten

even bacarra and lipsinc

thanks to the internet

i was a fan for zeppelin thanks to the internet

the internet

the wikipedia

i tunes

the o2 concert

rolling stone

cds

mothership dvd

concert dvds

all these things and more will secure the zeppelin legacy and ...satisfaction guaranteed

they would never be forgotten ...unless mozart is forgoten

nothing is forgotten

even bacarra and lipsinc

thanks to the internet

i was a fan for zeppelin thanks to the internet

If used properly, it will make a mockery of Funk and Wagnels.... :D

Threads like this make me laugh. I suppose as Zep fans we came out of the womb being informed music lovers. All kids have to suffer through bands like Hanna Montana and Jonas Brothers at some point. Ever hear of the Partridge Family, Leif Garrett, Shaun Cassidy, Herman's Hermits? Before that it was stuff like Isy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, Yakity Yak, Name Game and nursery rhymes. I'm sure there are a more than a few hardcore Zep fans who can admit to listening to some kiddie music at some point, teenybopper muisc was around before Led Zeppelin, if not you are in denial and have forgotten what you were like before you became to cool for school.

I am most deffinetly going to try to inspire my kids to grow up with led zeppelin in the backround and hopefully theyll will learn to love the beutiful music that i do.... To answer your question tho I think that Led Zeppelin will never truely die as long as there are people willing to expand their minds...

In future centries they will be considered like Beethoven or Bach.... haha :D