Jimmy Page on list of top five most expensive autographs

Patrycja

When you're on a list with Shakespeare, you know you're rarefied air (as if being Jimmy Page weren't enough):

Top five most expensive autographs

Not sure how legit this is, but here's a guitar for sale with JP's autograph, if anyone has the itch:

http://www.guitarshowcase.com/GS/pageinfo.htm

If I get the right six numbers this Saturday, I'll be on it like white on rice :D

In referance to the above posts the signed Page guitar is only one of 25 that were made played numbered and signed by Jimmy himself. They were also aged, and copyed down to the smallest detail from Jimmys actual #1.Thats why the price is so high.That said a Jimmy Page autograph on a piece of paper or a picture would not fetch as much as say Hitler.Its the whole package on this item that draws the cash.

Regards

Cav

In referance to the above posts the signed Page guitar is only one of 25 that were made played numbered and signed by Jimmy himself. They were also aged, and copyed down to the smallest detail from Jimmys actual #1.Thats why the price is so high.That said a Jimmy Page autograph on a piece of paper or a picture would not fetch as much as say Hitler.Its the whole package on this item that draws the cash.

Regards

Cav

You're quite right, the Les Paul is not cheap, let alone one that is custom 'nicked up' (side note: it's a little tacky to want a replica like that, it's like going to medieval times or something) to perfection AND signed by Page. But I guess like the others on the list, each is valuable in and of itself, but all the more within the context of their expertise (well, Shakespeare's is on his will, etc., we do not have any manuscripts to know whether he signed those)

I only have 2 Jimmy autographs and they are priceless B)

There you go, well said! You're two up on me, by the way...

My dad does antique restoration type stuff, and in Dec 2006 he was asked by Paul Reeves (Page's ex-costume designer) to do some stuff in his new house on the Thames. My dad took his 1976 copy of TSRTS to be signed, tis currently framed on my wall :)

He was round there two days ago putting up a chandler, there is a room with shelves of every single Led Zeppelin bootleg...ever. There was a guy there sorting it out in chronological order!

And my dad popped the question about the DVD and the reply was "No, not for a few years yet, besides you can watch the whole thing on the internet!"

Iam the owner of one of the 500 or so that were copyed off of Jimmys Les Paul and everytime i pick it up images of Duckwalks, Dragon suits and Zoso amp cabinets fill my head. That is priceless to me.Maybe one day i could have the honour of Mr Page signing the pick guard for me.Considering how Ross Halfin has said Jimmy dont sign to often getting his autograph may be alot harder to buy/get in the near future.

Regards

^ What's great about your owning it, Cav, is that it clearly means a lot to you. Too often people acquire these kinds of things purely for resale profit. And you're right, Page doesn't seem to sign too many things. He's always seemed to be the less is more type when it comes to publicity (something I wish a few more 'stars' would adopt), but it certainly hasn't hurt his popularity. He's the only living person on that list.

I'm not green with envy. Not at all.....

:'(

:D

What he doesn't know is that he's giving one of them to me :D

I think it's very sad that a minority have become so obsessed with greed and money, that when they are given something some would die to have, they'd rather sell it on to gain profit. Not because they want to sell it for a genuine reason, but because they think, 'hey, I can make a few quid off the back of this'. If Jimmy ever signed anything - even his name - and it was in my possession, no way would I be selling it.

I think it's very sad that a minority have become so obsessed with greed and money, that when they are given something some would die to have, they'd rather sell it on to gain profit. Not because they want to sell it for a genuine reason, but because they think, 'hey, I can make a few quid off the back of this'. If Jimmy ever signed anything - even his name - and it was in my possession, no way would I be selling it.

Good thing he has two then - one for you and one for me :D

Oh do tell!

The price isn't listed, so who knows whether your offer isn't accepted B)

Hi all!

I've read that the price could be 49.000 £... Even if I could afford this, I'll never buy it. After all we are talking about a replica and I don't care if it's tested and signed by Jimmy. Jimmy is and will always be my guitar guru but I prefer a standard Les Paul and my personal customisation.

Sorry for my poor english.

When you're on a list with Shakespeare, you know you're rarefied air (as if being Jimmy Page weren't enough):

Top five most expensive autographs

Not sure how legit this is, but here's a guitar for sale with JP's autograph, if anyone has the itch:

http://www.guitarshowcase.com/GS/pageinfo.htm

If I get the right six numbers this Saturday, I'll be on it like white on rice :D

I'd say thats very legit. i mean it made the list didn't it? They didnt spell Hendrix's name right. It's Jimi Hendrix.

You wish :D

img239.jpg

img185.jpg

I also have Jimmy's autograph. Which will remain in my family forever. My will states that my Led Zeppelin collection is never to be sold. It is to be passed down to each generation, the first grandchild.......and so on. I will show it to ppl, but they are not allowed to touch it. I have museum quality paper protecting it. Seems like everytime someone wants to see it, they also want to touch it. Oils from your hands will ruin it over time.

I have Robert's autograph as well. He signs things more often than Pagey. I still don't have John Paul's autograph. Perhaps someday.

I also have Jimmy's autograph. Which will remain in my family forever. My will states that my Led Zeppelin collection is never to be sold. It is to be passed down to each generation, the first grandchild.......and so on. I will show it to ppl, but they are not allowed to touch it. I have museum quality paper protecting it. Seems like everytime someone wants to see it, they also want to touch it. Oils from your hands will ruin it over time.

I have Robert's autograph as well. He signs things more often than Pagey. I still don't have John Paul's autograph. Perhaps someday.

How did you get their autographs? :D

Jonesy's in Brooklyn now, probably sleeping. There are still tix available for this weekend's shows at BAM with Sonic Youth & Merce Cunningham. Tisn't that far from Ohio, for one who had a table for the Rock Hall induction two weeks ago, no? B)