OverNite Singing Sensation Susan Boyle from Scotland

The Rover

Hi:

I started to watch the Stacy London video but I stopped...I'll have to have my coffee before I try to watch the whole thing...too many blondes....Stacy can be nasty on the show WHAT NOT TO WEAR....

RE: Kelly Clarkson...I hope Susan does not go that route because I can't watch a Kelly Clarkson video or hear her tunes wthout feeling dizzy and I have to turn it off and/or look away...

Juliet :faint1:

PS Susan should also sing a gospel tune and ...GOD BLESS THE CHILD AND SUMMERTIME....as well as a tune from MY FAIR LADY

Hi:

I started to watch the Stacy London video but I stopped...I'll have to have my coffee before I try to watch the whole thing...too many blondes....Stacy can be nasty on the show WHAT NOT TO WEAR....

RE: Kelly Clarkson...I hope Susan does not go that route because I can't watch a Kelly Clarkson video or hear her tunes wthout feeling dizzy and I have to turn it off and/or look away...

Juliet :faint1:

PS Susan should also sing a gospel tune and ...GOD BLESS THE CHILD AND SUMMERTIME....as well as a tune from MY FAIR LADY

Hazards of the profession, true, but she has excellent fashion sense. She seems good-hearted though, even if she can be a little to the point sometimes. You can still learn a lot from her, despite her remarks. Although she can be painfully candid, her suggestions about style are intelligent, insightful and helpful.

Now that you mention it, it does not have to be Stacy London. It can be anyone with excellent fashion sense.

And I really think that Susan Boyle has more staying power than Mr. Hung, may he rest in peace.

I think I'll go get some coffee, too.

Cue

Hi EL:

I've looked at this again and I agree with the layered look just not that particular outfit..

I think Susan should be wearing full length outfits...long skirts, pants or gowns..

I've had more ideas about the tunes shs should sing and or record....Danny Boy, Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen (spiritual), People (from Funny Girl), Somewhere (from West Side Story)

Juliet

Hi EL:

I've looked at this again and I agree with the layered look just not that particular outfit..

I think Susan should be wearing full length outfits...long skirts, pants or gowns..

I've had more ideas about the tunes shs should sing and or record....Danny Boy, Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen (spiritual), People (from Funny Girl), Somewhere (from West Side Story)

Juliet

Hi Juliet,

Modern and fresh probably works best.

Maybe she could try wearing fuschia to add pop, as long as it is not too harsh, otherwise light and bright or soft earth tones.

A long, modern, well-fitting gown with a side slit might flatter her.

Songs that are convincing and fresh that allow her freedom to express the range of her voice and emotion, and to showcase her strengths would energize her career, especially if they are popular with the current audience. She may want to focus on the crowd-pleasers.

The songs you mention are fine within their context or at an audition or appropriate holiday, but they could limit and typecast her as well.

It's alright as long as it is either Saint Patrick's Day, or if she is working on a well-received production of one of those particular shows.

She should avoid appearing or sounding dated when she performs a classic.

Strong, modern crowd-pleasers that reveal her as a unique talent may prove to be her best option.

It is spring, and she could take advantage of what the season has to offer in the way of song.

46485207.jpg

This ensemble flatters her.

Well...I guess alot of musicians should delete the songs they sang in the 60's...70's or 80's...so they aren't dated....

HAVE A NICE DAY...EL

Juliet :rollin: ....it's my day off...I need to go cruisin'.....

It depends on what works and what doesn't.

Oldies shows are fine some of the time, but Robert Plant had at one time expressed concern about getting too caught up in that kind of thing.

He's not the only one to think twice about getting buried in the past.

Hi EL:

I've been thinking about your post and the word "dated"...I believe if an artist sings a piece written a few years back, it shows they have respect for the songwriter and the genre....Many new artists today cover a tune written by a veteran artist..I think it shows great respect for their elders...

I don't think Susan would be "dated" if she sang a tune from the American Songbook, a spiritual, a pop ballad from the past 30 years..or a Scottish folk tune

I suggest she also sing a tune on a movie soundtrack...this would bring her and her spectacular voice into the current scene...

Juliet :wave:

Hi EL:

I've been thinking about your post and the word "dated"...I believe if an artist sings a piece written a few years back, it shows they have respect for the songwriter and the genre....Many new artists today cover a tune written by a veteran artist..I think it shows great respect for their elders...

I don't think Susan would be "dated" if she sang a tune from the American Songbook, a spiritual, a pop ballad from the past 30 years..or a Scottish folk tune

I suggest she also sing a tune on a movie soundtrack...this would bring her and her spectacular voice into the current scene...

Juliet :wave:

As long as the song is right for what she is doing at the moment.

There is a time and place for revivals.

Guitars can successfully revive the sound of bagpipes on occasion, for instance. I think maybe that

pioneered that effect.

It's important though to resist the urge to serve anything off the menu that may have gone stale for any reason.

That happened to me (in the Simon role) once. At the end of a summer program for incoming college freshmen, we used to have a talent contest for the students to let off steam, and one football player got up to sing--enormous blond guy, no neck--and I don't know what I was expecting, but he sang "A House is Not a Home" in this amazing high tenor, and blew everyone away. :D

Hey:

I have changed my mind about Susan's outfit with the scarf...I saw the photo in colour and I liked the beige pants..they "work" with that plaid scarf...

I have some more songs for her to consider;Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon And Garfunkle), Climb Every Mountain (Sound of Music), Someday Soon (Judy Collins recorded it), The Circle Game (Joni Mitchell), I Could Have Danced All Night (My Fair Lady)

Juliet :piano:

I watched this show, and hate to admit, when she first appeared, I thought just like everyone else wtf!!!! I am now ashamed to of thought this, she opened her mouth to sing, and WOW!!!! AMAZING, which really goes to show the old saying do not judge a book by its cover.

She does not have to be beautiful to be famous, she is beautiful in a natural way, not a fake way, as so many are today, with fake this and fake that, hair, make up, nails, eyelashes, plastic surgery for this that and the other.

I say good luck to her, and her beautiful inspirational voice, well done!!!!

I watched this show, and hate to admit, when she first appeared, I thought just like everyone else wtf!!!! I am now ashamed to of thought this, she opened her mouth to sing, and WOW!!!! AMAZING, which really goes to show the old saying do not judge a book by its cover.

She does not have to be beautiful to be famous, she is beautiful in a natural way, not a fake way, as so many are today, with fake this and fake that, hair, make up, nails, eyelashes, plastic surgery for this that and the other.

I say good luck to her, and her beautiful inspirational voice, well done!!!!

That's the problem with televising auditions. There is less preparation for a presentation than you would have with a show that has been in production for a while.

So the audience sees the glitches first.

There must be an easier way to put one's best foot forward.

She must of been really nervous,and maybe she thought people would

judge her, but I think good on her, she did it,I have a lot of respect for

people like her, who try to improve themselves, I hope she goes on to

be a great singer, with a happier life, she so deserves it.

She must of been really nervous,and maybe she thought people would

judge her, but I think good on her, she did it,I have a lot of respect for

people like her, who try to improve themselves, I hope she goes on to

be a great singer, with a happier life, she so deserves it.

Britain's Got Talent needs a Costume and Make-Up Design Department whether we like it or not.

It's not as if it were a private audition. It's patterned after the concept behind A Chorus Line. It's actually a show intended for public presentation.

They could get http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd4KzeiphT8, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPVwKsYAmOQ, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lin4gjaRJo, and

to direct the department.

Archived