Pushin two yrs, nothin from Jimmy?

KidLed

Warning: Off topic again! Regarding the "Robert Plant and 77" thing, this is from the Uncut interview shortly after O2.

[Talking about the issues surrounding the ’77 tour]…..For me, then, it didn’t really work from ’77 onwards. However, there were moments from Knebworth that were spectacular. But the price you have to pay to get to those moments, I didn’t think it was worth it anymore. It wasn’t my idea of constructive open-heart surgery.

:yesnod: :yesnod:

Totally agree - of course you can be disappointed there hasn't been more from Jimmy and wishing you would have the chance to see him live. I think we all feel that way. It's not at all the same as expecting him to or feeling he "owes" us etc. and we're in no way bashing him as a result.

Great point, I agree.

I think the quote means he was over Zeppelin as the crap that went with it. Bonzo and Jimmy being addicts. The off stage antics, the size that the band became was just too large for any human to really comprehend. But the music stayed with him throughout his solo career. Even though he didn't start playing the music of Zeppelin until the late 80s live he is still finding ways to play Zeppelin in different ways throughout his career. None of the members of the band can simply get over Zeppelin from a music stand point. That's like any member of the Beatles just getting over their music.

Let me put my arm on my chair and spew forth some BS:

1. Pushin two yrs, nothin from Jimmy? Not so - It Might Get Loud

2. Foo Fighters encore

3. Olympic WLL ending with whats her name

4. RnR Hall of Fame with Crazy Fingers

5. Picture taking with Ross Halfin

So, I guess you mean in the vein of Zeppelin? That is his band. Mr. Page has decided upon the members. The version of Led Zeppelin from 1988 onward has remained the same. So, in reality, Jason Bonham has been a member of Led Zeppelin longer than John Bonham.

2. Foo Fighters encore

So, I guess you mean in the vein of Zeppelin? That is his band. Mr. Page has decided upon the members. The version of Led Zeppelin from 1988 onward has remained the same. So, in reality, Jason Bonham has been a member of Led Zeppelin longer than John Bonham.

I've seen some on here question that Page, Plant, Jones and Jason Bonham even performed under the name "Led Zeppelin" at any of the one-off shows they did (aside from the 02). Besides that, Jason has been an active member of other bands. That isn't the case with the performances he's put in with Plant, Page and Jones which, as I said, were "one-off's". If they had actively toured and recorded under that name you might actually have a point but they didn't.

2. Foo Fighters encore

1. All the musical appearances on your list are one-offs.

2. So Mr. Page can decide on the members of his band and call that band Led Zeppelin, no matter who's in it? I think not.

2. Foo Fighters encore

Actually??

Don't forget the Stock Exchange. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Saw this on Ross Halfin's blog:

...I think he will...he is very compassionate for causes as for ABC...Even after the Olympics, he said that he would be honored to perform should they ask him....Truly, very classy....and it's o.k. he wishes to perform at his own discretion, total respect and understanding on my part.... :D

....I think he is enjoying the company of his fellow musicians/friends in any events possible....

....I think he is enjoying the company of his fellow musicians/friends in any events possible....

You made me think about this, indeed he seems to enjoy it, but he didn't seek it actively.

You made me think about this, indeed he seems to enjoy it, but he didn't seek it actively.

agreed, as we discussed Jeff Beck before...had he "seeked" actively, he may even have surprised himself....but we will see what happens with the Cancer Trust, should it happen...you never know some extra-ordinary chemistry might develop...Both Pete and Jimmy are very creative (I hope they will put a "musical" together), theater anyone? :D

Hey Jimmy, we've just been told that Robert has agreed to release any and all Zepp materials you have stock piled .

88589109.jpg

So, we suggest you begin with Houston 77 DVD, then the 02 DVD , and then all those audio's you've been hiding for all these years.

88588728.jpg

Ya , ya ya, I swear, we'll keep it all a secret until it's ready for public consumption.

You can trust us.

88589874.jpg

OK then, lets shake on it ?? Promise ??

88589875.jpg

Archived