In the Lap of the Gods, by Nick Kent

I decided earlier to include a retrospective story by Lisa Robinson as part of my scans series, which I have otherwise exclusively devoted to mags from the 1970s. It just seemed interesting to include that, as Lisa's old stories about Led Zeppelin are so well known, and I have in fact scanned them. In a similar way I thought some of you might find this article by Nick Kent interesting.

NickKentMojoClassic000.jpg

NickKentMojoClassic001.jpg

NickKentMojoClassic002.jpg

NickKentMojoClassic003.jpg

NickKentMojoClassic004.jpg

....very interesting, Lisa Robinson speaks highly of Page, despite the substance abuse issues...it looks like his film was his greatest passion, I am hoping for more details/interviews from Page down the line about this film, and if there is any earlier footage that he may have "possibly" commenced in his early days...

- Miss P. in her book "Take another Piece of My Heart" sharply pointed the Razor Blade Story @ Page - clear from this interview, the girls competing for him try to out do each other w/Razorblades, not him... (source - ?)...correct me if I am wrong, thank you... :D :D

- I didn't realize Page was infatuated the Lovely/talented J. Mitchell that long, I mean well into '75....(oh, well, I will get over....eventually) B)

tks to OM for posting...

:)

" ever since fuckin planty has been wearing those poofy, sleeveless tops onstage, we've been getting benders like this following us around "

:hysterical: bonzo

thanks so much for allowing me to read these articles otto, i would not have been able to if you hadn't posted them here :thanku:

Thanks everyone! :)

....very interesting, Lisa Robinson speaks highly of Page, despite the substance abuse issues...it looks like his film was his greatest passion, I am hoping for more details/interviews from Page down the line about this film, and if there is any earlier footage that he may have "possibly" commenced in his early days...

- Miss P. in her book "Take another Piece of My Heart" sharply pointed the Razor Blade Story @ Page - clear from this interview, the girls competing for him try to out do each other w/Razorblades, not him... (source - ?)...correct me if I am wrong, thank you... :D :D

- I didn't realize Page was infatuated the Lovely/talented J. Mitchell that long, I mean well into '75....(oh, well, I will get over....eventually) B)

tks to OM for posting...

:)

This article is by Nick Kent, not Lisa Robinson. ;) Nick used drugs himself, as he points out in the article. If you're interested in the movie Lucifer Rising, director Kenneth Anger and all that, I'd point out that you can find a lot of information in Classic Rock 96, Summer 2006 - including an interview with Jimmy on the subject. There is also a section devoted to it in Howard Mylett's Jimmy Page: Tangents Within a Framework (1983), for instance. Maybe I will just scan some of this stuff. B)

As for Joni Mitchell, no wonder! Aside from her looks and charm and everything else, she released a fabulous album in 1974, Court and Spark, and was now working with a band. Jimmy said at the time that he had been hoping she'd do just that, and he LOVED the album.

This article is by Nick Kent, not Lisa Robinson. ;) Nick used drugs himself, as he points out in the article. If you're interested in the movie Lucifer Rising, director Kenneth Anger and all that, I'd point out that you can find a lot of information in Classic Rock 96, Summer 2006 - including an interview with Jimmy on the subject. There is also a section devoted to it in Howard Mylett's Jimmy Page: Tangents Within a Framework (1983), for instance. Maybe I will just scan some of this stuff. B)

As for Joni Mitchell, no wonder! Aside from her looks and charm and everything else, she released a fabulous album in 1974, Court and Spark, and was now working with a band. Jimmy said at the time that he had been hoping she'd do just that, and he LOVED the album.

...Tks. for the corrections, and the additional details...will have to wait for your kind service looks like....

As for Nick Kent, yes, agreed, they were all seriously "wired" ...I think I seen too many pic's of Lisa Robinson with Mr. Plant...that "close-up" scene naturally comes to my mind, just mere mention of her name... ;).

tks. lot for all this...

PP

Not surprising - one of Joni's finest moments to say the least :)

Oh and feel free to scan away :D Tis much appreciated!

I must say the title of Kent's article doesn't make me think of Led Zeppelin at all. I just start hearing in my head, Ooh-laa la lalla, ooh lalla ooh lalla ooh.... :lol:

And there is a thread now in Master Forums about Lucifer Rising.

....Thanks for starting this fascinating thread..Great contribution....

(more attentiveness this time....it's Nick Kent on Drugs, not me........) :D

Despite of substance abuse issues, Eddie Kramer claims that Jimmy was always in control even when he was off the wall, I am fascinated by observations of others who were around him.....

I'm thinking we should have a dedicated thread for article scans, otherwise they just gradually disappear as new threads get started, and there's all sorts of good stuff here we may want to refer to for years to come.

That's a good idea. :yesnod:

I'm thinking we should have a dedicated thread for article scans, otherwise they just gradually disappear as new threads get started, and there's all sorts of good stuff here we may want to refer to for years to come.

My thinking has been to simply make a thread with all the links in the first post when I'm done with the articles I had in mind for this project. But it would be great if others then were to add to it and if there was an easy way to access to all that stuff. I dunno if a pinned thread in Master forums would be an option, but in any case what you are suggesting might be a good idea. Mikezep61 has in fact already done that over on RO, and by now they have a really great thread for this.

My thinking has been to simply make a thread with all the links in the first post when I'm done with the articles I had in mind for this project. But it would be great if others then were to add to it and if there was an easy way to access to all that stuff. I dunno if a pinned thread in Master forums would be an option, but in any case what you are suggesting might be a good idea. Mikezep61 has in fact already done that over on RO, and by now they have a really great thread for this.

Hopefully something can be worked out because it's a great source of information you're providing and would be nice to have it not get buried!

...This was my thinking as well...as in RoyalOrleans.Com...further, there should be a thread dedicating to all the books/readings, latest on Zep added...

Perhaps the articles can be categorized according to decades..60,70,80,90...Present...

• 2 weeks later...

Great article, I hadnt read that before. My favorite was Keith Richards referring to Plant & Bonham as "Ernies's from the Midlands." I have no idea what that means but Keith is fond of calling rival Northern English guys in bands "Ernies" & it always makes me laugh.

Archived