JOHN PAUL JONES New Project

The Pagemeister

But they were never intending to get together after the 02 show. That was a one-off for a specific reason. I'd hardly call what they've done on their own rubbish.

According to Mick Wall in his recent biography of the band apparently the original plan was to do a tour after the O2 show which never happened. Plant said no, now we know they had other singers come in and try out after that but none of them were that great obviously as nothing has come of it.

Personally though I'd rather have something fresh and original rather than them playing only the old songs to death so I can't wait for this new project of JPJ's.

I'm also hoping they do a Nirvana song or two as Dave Grohl's on drums. I guess that Josh Homme is singing as he sings in QOTSA. It'd be hard for Grohl to drum and sing at the same time and JPJ isn't really known as a singer.

Roll on a UK Tour! It's always good to see JPJ playing bass.

According to Mick Wall in his recent biography of the band apparently the original plan was to do a tour after the O2 show which never happened.

Completely untrue. Mick Wall is either using a looser definition of the word "plan" than most of the species or he overlooked the fact that the Plant/Krauss tour was already booked. :rolleyes: There's a huge difference between wishing (Page) and planning (Plant).

Completely untrue. Mick Wall is either using a looser definition of the word "plan" than most of the species or he overlooked the fact that the Plant/Krauss tour was already booked. :rolleyes: There's a huge difference between wishing (Page) and planning (Plant).

I guess he bent the truth a bit, my guess is that Jimmy wanted a tour which just wasn't gonna happen.

I haven't read the whole book yet but I wonder how true Wall's account is of the history of the band.

Just read here that Them Crooked Vultures show may be a one off and not as major a project as people are making out. [i hope that this isn't true] Also it is rumoured that Them Crooked Vultures are playing the Reading Festival in England. [annoyingly there are no tickets left if this is true]

If they play Reading there is always the possibility of a London show of course.

did anyone from this board attend? or does anyone know how the show went? i would have loved to have been there.

STZ, it hasn't happened yet, the show is scheduled for tonight. So we still have to wait for several hours.

did anyone from this board attend? or does anyone know how the show went? i would have loved to have been there.

The manager of the Metro is a guy I grew up with, and a couple of the other guys from our group are at the show. I'm stuck at work tonight, just my luck! :angry: I've gotten several texts so far, by all indications they're smokin' the place.

One of the guys wasn't prepared for Grohl on drums, Haha! They're supposed to call when the set is over, maybe I'll have some info. It's almost 2:00 A.M. here, I'm not sure how long they'll play.

Thanks for the updates Steve. I pressed my guy at the show for a review, all he says is that it was a very hot set, maybe not quite 90 minutes. No Zep stuff though. His phone was close to dying, so I'll hear more later I hope.

Archived