JOHN PAUL JONES New Project

The Pagemeister

Here are the posters from the Indy show and Chicago show. I love the Chicago one. Didn't get to buy one at Indy cause they were sold out by the end of the show but have been checking ebay for them just in case!

TCVPosterpic3.jpg

10_tcv_chicago.jpg

The foils and some of the latest show posters were up for grabs on Jermaine's website last Friday. I didn't know about them being up for grabs till the were all sold out! :(

My link

It was great getting to met bigzepfan in person at Indy! I would have never been in the front row if it hadn't been for him! biggrin.gif What a great show it was, one of the best I have ever seen!!

Sounds like a lot of fun, Led Zep Gurl and bigzepfan!

I would love to see them in concert again.

Two years seems like a long time to wait.

Maybe another project for JPJ in the meantime?

A few of my iPhone pics...

before the show:

tcv_toronto2.jpg

Hello Sam,

Can you clarify who presented the jerseys and if they were personalized for TCV with their names on the back?

Was this gesture something arranged by the promoters, organizers or fans?

• Administrators

Hello Sam,

Can you clarify who presented the jerseys and if they were personalized for TCV with their names on the back?

Was this gesture something arranged by the promoters, organizers or fans?

Yeah, it was an official type of thing. The Air Canada Centre is home of the Maple Leafs hockey team. It was fairly quick, didn't notice any names on them. They were on stage moments later.

Here are the posters from the Indy show and Chicago show. I love the Chicago one. Didn't get to buy one at Indy cause they were sold out by the end of the show but have been checking ebay for them just in case!

TCVPosterpic3.jpg

10_tcv_chicago.jpg

The foils and some of the latest show posters were up for grabs on Jermaine's website last Friday. I didn't know about them being up for grabs till the were all sold out! :(

My link

Love these posters, will make myself an avatar of the "Flying Vulture" eventually :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Them Crooked Vultures draw massive crowd for sunny Download set

Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones 'get loose' for Main Stage set

June 11, 2010

themcrookedvulturespaphotoL230310.jpg

The band, which features Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones, tore through their set, which was elongated to 75-minutes by numerous extended jams and individual solos.

"It's a fucking beautiful day out there," Josh Homme quipped before the band played 'Scumbag Blues', which they turned into an epic nine-minute-long jam.

"We got to get loose today," Homme told the audience midway through the track.

Before playing 'No One Loves Me And Neither Do I', Homme introduced each of his band members, with Led Zeppelin's Jones getting by far the biggest cheer from the crowd.

The band's set also saw live guitarist Alain Johannes play solo while the rest of the band watched from the wings, while Jones also played a five-minute keyboard outro at one point.

Them Crooked Vultures played:

'Elephants'

'Gunman'

'Scumbag Blues'

'Dead End Friends'

'No One Loves Me And Neither Do I'

'New Fang'

'Bandoliers'

'Spinning In Daffodils'

'Mind Eraser, No Chaser'

'Warsaw Or The First Breath You Take After You Give Up'

http://www.nme.com/n...-vultures/51472

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TCV IT'S OVER AND OUT (FOR NOW?) AT TRIUMPHANT BRIXTON UK FINALE

by Dave Lewis (Tight But Loose Fanzine)

6 July 2010

Set List: Mind Eraser/Dead End Friends/Scumbag Blues/Elephants/Highway 1/Gunman/Nobody Loves Me/Bandoliers/Interlude With Ludes/Caliulove/You Can't Possibly Begin To Imagine/Daffodils/Reptiles/Warsaw/Encore New Fang

Them Crooked Vultures took what may, or may not be their last UK bow last night at a triumphant finale at London's Brixton 02 Academy. As Josh Homme noted, it brought the band full circle as it was here last August that the Vultures first announced themselves at a low key support slot to the Arctic Monkeys.

There was nothing low key about this Brixton return a benefit show for TCV friend, Homme collaborator and bassist with Eagle Of Death Metal Brian O Connor. In front of a wildly enthusiastic crowd they proceeded to batter the senses with a full on rock assault that went down an absolute storm. It was good to see them shake up the set list order. Scumbag Blues was an early indication of their intent as JPJ and Dave Grohl effortlessly locked in to one of those extended jams we have come to know and love.

All the stock in trade TCV ingredients were present: Dave's ever forceful percussion, Josh's committed guitar and vocal prowess, Alain Johanne's unflagging rhythm support and the man with the various bass guitars and keyboards John Paul Jones not to mention violin on You Can't Possibly Begin To Imagine. The spontaneous chants of ''John Paul Jones'' ''John Paul Jones'' from the crowd after Josh introduced him was another stirring moment.

The latter song title was also an appropriate phrase to describe the sheer fervency of the three young ladies directly in front of me against the stage barriers. I couldn't begin to imagine the sheer passion these fans had for this band had I not witnessed it for myself. They knew every word of every song and punctuated every riff in that crazed dance style so favoured by the likes of Florence Welch (and her machine). On the 30th anniversary of Tom and I being in attendance at the penultimate Led Zeppelin show in Munich, it was a vivid illustration of how this music transcends the generations -and how potent a musician John Paul Jones still is three decades on.

After a searing encore of New Fang, the members of the band soaked up the adulation with a final bow. As the audience dispersed, the plaintive tones of Roy Orbison's It's Over drifted out from the PA.

Indeed it may or may not be over…it remains to be seen if they can re-group again in the future after the final dates in Japan. One things for sure though, the journey we have enjoyed with Them Crooked Vultures these past twelve months will certainly not be forgotten.

Dave Lewis, July 6th 2010

http://www.tightbutl...blweb09/?p=5635

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...when Plant went to see his former Led Zeppelin bandmate John Paul Jones's new rock supergroup Them Crooked Vultures at the Royal Albert Hall a few months back, he admits his ears "bled for two days" after the sonic assault. "But I feel so far away from heavy rock now," he reflects. "It's quite odd, how mine and John's paths seem to have crossed over – we've sort of gone into each others' worlds a bit."

Interview (Robert Plant: 'I Feel So Far Away from Heavy Rock') published in The Independent (UK) on August 27, 2010

This interview from the Australian leg of the tour hasn't been posted to this thread yet. I laughed so hard my sides are hurting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=IzQsJIW110Q&feature=fvw

Video Hits' Dylan Lewis & Faustina Agolley interviews Them Crooked Vultures (Dave Grohl, Josh Homme & John Paul Jones).

Recorded 27.01.2010 in Sydney, Australia

Archived