Proud To Have The Title: The Loudest

_Lena_Zep

Which band would you consider the loudest?

Is it Led Zeppelin? :unsure: They don't sound so loud to me.

Is it The Who? They were the loudest.

The Who were listed as the "record holder", at 126 dB, measured at a distance of 32 meters from the speakers at a concert at Charlton Athletic Football Ground on 31 May 1976.

Is it AC/DC? I would vote for them.

Is it Metallica?

Is it... You choose.

Edit: You guys probably know more bands than I do, so... List the loudest ones. :)

Edited by _Lena_Zep

I have only been to two concert that I thought were too loud.

One in a thread thats going on.

Aerosmith-1978.

Instead of guitars the members were playing Sonic-Assault Rifles.

My ears bled.

Tinnitus for two days.

Louder than a F-16 at take-off.

Ted Nugent-1977.

My ears and eyes bled.

Tinnitus for three days.

Louder than a 10-gauge shot gun.

Deep Purple were loud but not the loudest.

Obviously you and a lot of others (which is unfortunate), haven't heard Led Zeppelin in person.

IMO They are the LOUDEST but with clarity unmatched by any other band that I have seen live, The Moody Blues came close.

Edited by Reggie29

I was at that Who show in 1976, my ears were fine three days later. Don't know what you're talking about. :D

Hi Aqua,

If you mean the Charlton Concert in 1976, i was there also.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_decibel...loudest_concert

"1976,The Who were listed as the "record holder", at 126 dB, measured at a distance of 32 meters from the speakers at a concert at Charlton Athletic Football Ground on 31 May 1976. 1984,94 and 2008The heavy metal band Manowar is one claimant of the title of "loudest band in the world", citing a measurement of 129.5 dB in 1994 in Hanover. However, Guiness Book of World Records listed Manowar as the record holder for the loudest musical performance for an earlier performance in 1984. Guinness does not recognize Manowar's later claim, because it no longer includes a category of loudest band, reportedly because it does not want to encourage hearing damage. Manowar broke their own record again in 2008 at the Magic Circle Fest with 139dB.

1997,Metallica has styled itself the "loudest band in the world". However, after one concert on 11 November 1997, which the band dubbed the "Million Decibel March", the Philidephia Inquirer reported that "neighbors who [had] feared the worst from the self-styled Loudest Band in the World complained more about the sound from the news choppers circling overhead".

2007,British punk band Gallows allegedly broke Manowar's previous record for loudest band in the world, claiming to have achieved 132.5 dB; however, this record was claimed in an isolated Studio environment as opposed to live.

On July 15, 2009, at the Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest in Ottawa, Canada, the band KISS achieved a SPL (sound pressure level) of 136 dB measured by City of Ottawa Bylaw officers at the sound tent during their live performance (not the sound check), making it the world's loudest performance officially measured by any band. After noise complaints from neighbors in the area, the band was forced to turn the volume down."

Regards, Danny

PS. Edited to add, no mention of Led Zeppelin anywhere!!!!!

Edited by BIGDAN