ZEPP O2 DVD EXPECTED

Kashmir96

Rumors are just that. Rumors. It's been nearly 2 years since that show and if news hasn't come out by now about there being a potential DVD release, then I don't think there will be one for a while. Look how long it took them to release ANY live footage on DVD. The 2003 DVD came 23 years after the band split up. I'm not saying we'll have to wait another 23 years but I wouldn't expect anything by Christmas.

Well I'm just throwing this out there, but there were other acts at the event.Obviously Zeppelin were the stand out headliner, but who knows if there may be a dvd of the event as a whole? Not a Zeppelin dvd, but a dvd of the Ahmet Tribute with portions of all the artists' performances as well as the spectacle and Ahmet retrospective. Similar to what was done with Live Aid. Just thinking out loud of course. :beer:

Well I'm just throwing this out there, but there were other acts at the event.Obviously Zeppelin were the stand out headliner, but who knows if there may be a dvd of the event as a whole? Not a Zeppelin dvd, but a dvd of the Ahmet Tribute with portions of all the artists' performances as well as the spectacle and Ahmet retrospective. Similar to what was done with Live Aid. Just thinking out loud of course. beer.gif

Jimmy is such a perfectionist when it comes to this, he'd never let them use any footage of Zep playing if he didn't think the video/audio was up to his standards. So maybe a DVD of the whole show will come out, whether there's any footage of Zeppelin on it is another story.

I highly doubt that anything from that show will be released for a while.

1) It is such a big task to embark upon

2) It's all on the internet anyway.

Don't think those would be the reasons the band won't release a dvd. Think about how long it probably took to put together the dvd we got in 03. Whatever they are, there's not much we can do but appreciate what we have been via alternative sources :)

I have had an "unofficial" bootleg dvd copy of Led Zeppelin at the O2 for over a year now. Pretty decent copy i bought for only $20. Of course if an "official" dvd came out with the same entire performance of LZ that I already have, I would buy it the day it came out, even if it cost 2 or 3 times as much as I paid. Official or unofficial, I consider myself to be grateful that I have had a copy for over a year now. I watch it at least once a week.

A lot of stuff gets release before Christmas, so I often look for stuff to come out around that time. But it doesn't always work that way. I was surprised last year when the Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood concerts didn't come out before Christmas. I guess they were saving it 'till right before their tour.

I have had an "unofficial" bootleg dvd copy of Led Zeppelin at the O2 for over a year now. Pretty decent copy i bought for only $20. Of course if an "official" dvd came out with the same entire performance of LZ that I already have, I would buy it the day it came out, even if it cost 2 or 3 times as much as I paid. Official or unofficial, I consider myself to be grateful that I have had a copy for over a year now. I watch it at least once a week.

I have 3 versions and the only cost to me was the blank discs they were burned to.......These days there is no need to ever pay money for a bootleg. ALL the people who recorded (and there is about 10 of them)the o2 gig shared their audio or video recordings for FREE over the net.......So whoever sold you your copy originaly got theirs for free. You have been done.

I have 3 versions and the only cost to me was the blank discs they were burned to.......These days there is no need to ever pay money for a bootleg. ALL the people who recorded (and there is about 10 of them)the o2 gig shared their audio or video recordings for FREE over the net.......So whoever sold you your copy originaly got theirs for free. You have been done.

Which versions do you have? Which do you rate as the best? I have the 'Third Eye Production' version, where does this rate on your list?

Which versions do you have? Which do you rate as the best? I have the 'Third Eye Production' version, where does this rate on your list?

1 Four Eyes Version

2 Kool Kat Entertainment Third Eye Remaster Version

3 Third Eye Version

Archived