The Groupie Thing

Evster2012

Hi ET,

What the Fcuk are you talking about?

If you are talking about the Jewish/Christian/Islamic "Holy Matrimony" then i think you are wrong, as a Good Stoneing is more to the point than any thought of Procreation dont you think?

The point of those Religions is to get People to stop Acting like Animals and follow a Moral Code that will allow their Civilisation to function and stop any Jealousy through People messing with other peoples Partners and Children, unlike what this thread is about which is Pure Hedonism.

Stoning, Burning, Hanging, Drowning, Beheading, are all OK in my book if it deturs people from leaving the path of Pure Richeousness to follow one of Pure Hedonism, we must keep intact what took Centuries to achieve but takes only Seconds to Destroy.

Regards, Danny

No, the only reason that holy matrimony became a blessed sacrament and holy rite was to bless a union of flesh and blood that was necessary to procreate.

Flesh and blood is temporary. Only the soul is permanent, but it is dependent on grace, redemption and salvation. That is because the physical world takes a toll during a lifetime.

Flesh and blood fades away into dust with time, whereas the soul lives into eternity. So the holy rite was to bless the physical union so the soul would find a holy temple in which to dwell, keeping body and soul together.

Any of the other acts that you mention were the work of a state that was maybe a bit too violent.

I was referring to history, but that does not mean that I want them. This means that I'm trying to tell them something.

:-)

What does the Biblical notion of holy matrimony have to do with rock stars having sex with underage girls in the 1970s? The question was why Jimmy Page is so notorious while everyone else was basically "doing it" with no one batting an eye. I don't think these rock stars were thinking about the average lifespan of people 2000 years ago. Besides, the Biblical patriarchs lived for hundreds of years, and I believe Sarah was over 90 when she bore Isaac. ;)

A few pics of Jimmy with Lori Mattix at The Rainbow and it's such a huge subject among so many people (thanks Stephen Davis and your Hammer of the Gods). No one talks about Bebe Buell because there's no scandal to it. She was of age. Google the words "Groupie" and "Underage" and see what comes up. :beer:

What does the Biblical notion of holy matrimony have to do with rock stars having sex with underage girls in the 1970s? The question was why Jimmy Page is so notorious while everyone else was basically "doing it" with no one batting an eye. I don't think these rock stars were thinking about the average lifespan of people 2000 years ago. Besides, the Biblical patriarchs lived for hundreds of years, and I believe Sarah was over 90 when she bore Isaac. ;)

A few pics of Jimmy with Lori Mattix at The Rainbow and it's such a huge subject among so many people (thanks Stephen Davis and your Hammer of the Gods). No one talks about Bebe Buell because there's no scandal to it. She was of age. Google the words "Groupie" and "Underage" and see what comes up. :beer:

Hi Ev,

I did and i got this,

Groupie

"A young woman, often under age, who seeks to achieve status by havingsex with rock musicians, roadies, security, and other band-relatedguys.

Usually a younger woman who will follow their favourite band/musicianwhile on tour. They can sometimes be the band's/musician's muse. Theywill do anything to be closer to the band, ie: sleeping with the bandor anyone that will get them to the band.

A young woman who has a one way love with a band/musician.

A person, either male or female, who enjoys one's talent enough tocreate the desire to form a relationship with them, whether it be afriendship, casual relationship, or romantic relationship. These girlsoften proved to be muses and inspirations for the musicians, due to thecombination of loyal fan and friend.

The term gained a negative connotation when those who were jealousof and/or didn't agree with the groupie lifestyle started using theword with a negative connotation. This turn was also attributed to manyof the value-less groupies who began using musicians to gain fame ormoney after giving small sexual favors to roadies and lowly crewmembers.

"God, that girl is such an obnoxious groupie, she's just using (insert musician here) to live in luxury!"

"Pamela Des Barres is the coolest groupie ever! She dated Jimmy Page and hung out with John Lennon!"

A groupie is a person whose devotion to aperson (usually a celebrity, especially a rock and roll star)approaches the level of fanaticism.

Groupie is derived from group, meaning a musical band, but now has more general application.

Female groupies in particular are known for a long-standingtradition of being available for, and willing to have, sexualintercourse with celebrities and rock stars. While only a small numberof groupies are truly promiscuous in that they are willing to tradesexual favors for attention, the tradition of "rock and roll groupies"continues to the present day, contributing to the image of therock-and-roll lifestyle as one where sex and drugs are readilyavailable at any time.

A few examples of well-known groupies includePamela DesBarres, Savannah, Cynthia Plaster Caster, Sable Starr, BebeBuell, Connie Hamzy, Lori Maddox, Bobbi Brown and Miss Harlow."

http://www.urbandict...hp?term=groupie

As for why Jimmy gets so much shit for this kind of "Acceptable" behavior is beyond me, Regards, Danny

"That feeling that's left everybody, the cosmic energy! Everybody goesyeah! Bonk!" :lol:

- R. Plant

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lemme see now..

It's the 70s

I'm a massively adored rock god

I'm high as the sky on pot and coke

There's a bunch of not quite nubile girls in the hallway who want to service me

I have massive security, so I'm basically teflon

What do I do? :unsure:

Lemme see now..

It's the 70s

I'm a massively adored rock god

I'm high as the sky on pot and coke

There's a bunch of not quite nubile girls in the hallway who want to service me

I have massive security, so I'm basically teflon

What do I do? :unsure:

Invite them in for bible study.

:D

What does the Biblical notion of holy matrimony have to do with rock stars having sex with underage girls in the 1970s? The question was why Jimmy Page is so notorious while everyone else was basically "doing it" with no one batting an eye. I don't think these rock stars were thinking about the average lifespan of people 2000 years ago. Besides, the Biblical patriarchs lived for hundreds of years, and I believe Sarah was over 90 when she bore Isaac. wink.gif

A few pics of Jimmy with Lori Mattix at The Rainbow and it's such a huge subject among so many people (thanks Stephen Davis and your Hammer of the Gods). No one talks about Bebe Buell because there's no scandal to it. She was of age. Google the words "Groupie" and "Underage" and see what comes up. beer.gif

I have no idea, except maybe that the age of consent in biblical times was probably close to 14, as long as the suitor came with a sufficient means to support a wife and children, as a good shepherd naturally would.

But I think that trusting the music industry to define true love has its problems.

I have no idea, except maybe that the age of consent in biblical times was probably close to 14, as long as the suitor came with a sufficient means to support a wife and children, as a good shepherd naturally would.

But I think that trusting the music industry to define true love has its problems.

Ask a Muslim how old Mohammed's favorite wife Aisha was, and get back to me.

(Thanks Scratch) :beer:

I think the difference might be that the rest of the musicians epmloyed more of a "wham bam....you know the rest* with the less than driving age crowd ? Jimmy forged a relationship...kind of prolongs the spotlight on the impropriety.

*shrugs*

Archived