Fire Safety Cigarettes

Bong-Man

I'm led to believe that it's the nicotine that is so addictive in cigarettes, if not the additional chemicals they add in processing.

Marijuana DOES NOT contain nicotine. But it's not without it's physical health risks, that's for sure. Here's a message board speaking of the cigarette/marijuana risks topic.

http://answerpool.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/653603932/m/5631072501

Hmmmm....Interesting stuff. I lost my hack in two days. I was probably smoking between a pack, and a pack and a half a day of Marlboro Reds. I certainly believe the tar aspect....it's the other stuff I was wondering about.

You wanna put me in a lineup and shoot me?

For you:

WantHimDead.gif

Nice one Ev, really, but i'll tell you this much, you smoke in my toilet and i'll come round to yours and shit in your ashtray. :lol:

I'm a non-smoker, always have been and always will be, and i'm always banging on about what the damage smoking does to peoples health and too society in general, but if you smoke and you're a guest in my house i'll supply the ashtray, in the end its up to you to deciede how you wanna die, or how you wanna live for that matter, not me and certainly not a politician. :yesnod:;)

Regards, Danny

in the end its up to you to deciede how you wanna die, or how you wanna live for that matter, not me and certainly not a politician. :yesnod:;)

Regards, Danny

However, when someone's unhealthy habits intrude on other's airspace, then the politician's come into the picture to clear the air. If those who 'share' their cloud would only self-police, outside enforcement wouldn't be necessary.

Respect is generally a two-way street, but there's no logical defense from one who'd impose a chosen behavior that raises the bar on the environment around you. Those just have to find a way to keep their habits personal, once it becomes public then steps are taken to push it back in the closet.

That trend will continue till the threat is squashed.

It's hard to believe the US government doesn't just ban tobacco outright with all this money they want to spend on health care. The tobacco companies saw the writing on the wall and diversified years ago.

Out of sight (and the air), out of mind and the lungs. ;)

However, when someone's unhealthy habits intrude on other's airspace, then the politician's come into the picture to clear the air. If those who 'share' their cloud would only self-police, outside enforcement wouldn't be necessary.

Respect is generally a two-way street, but there's no logical defense from one who'd impose a chosen behavior that raises the bar on the environment around you. Those just have to find a way to keep their habits personal, once it becomes public then steps are taken to push it back in the closet.

That trend will continue till the threat is squashed.

It's hard to believe the US government doesn't just ban tobacco outright with all this money they want to spend on health care. The tobacco companies saw the writing on the wall and diversified years ago.

Out of sight (and the air), out of mind and the lungs. ;)

Hi 'LarryD'

In my experiance, apart from my wife and sons who smoke outside the house, i've never ever known a smoker who gives a flying fcuk about anybodys opinion on smoking and they only ever think of their "RIGHT" to smoke where and when they want too, the most selfish people i have ever met this side of purgatory, and thats the truth.

That said, i would have no friends or family visiting me if i had keep up my stance on not letting people smoke in my house, and thats not a bad thing sometimes. Non-smokers can be just as annoying as smokers in the way they go on sometimes as well.

When i was a kid, 10-12 years old, i used to break the sulphur tips off of matches and press them in to the ends of my Nan's cigarettes, just for a laugh i might add. One night she came home from bingo in a right state, she had given a ciggie to a friend of hers and it had exploded in her face and singed her hair, after telling me off she had a good laugh, but i never did it again, i used stink pellets instead.:lol:

Regards, Danny

I rate smokers right down there with racists, sexists, rapists, murderers(in fact many smokers are murders just by nature of habit), and petafiles.

Now, go swim in your section of the pool.

Well if we're playing THIS game :rolleyes:

You drive a car I'm assuming? Or at least use forms of transportations that pollute the air? Well all that pollution is leading to the depletion of the polar ice caps and will probably cause thousands of deaths in poor countries.

Or how about this: Do you eat meat? If so, you're continuing the animal abuse in farms. Also, you're inadvertantly giving farmers more money that they use to pay for steroids in their cows and pigs which are causing massive health problems for customers.

Or another: You're an idiot. ;)

Shall I continue or can we stop playing Candyland here?

^ Haha,

I always preferred MouseTrap.

mousetrap2.gif

Likening the perceived right of a chosen behavior, ie:cigarette smoking in public, to driving a car (a necessity) or supporting abuse of animals at a cow factory isn't legitimate analogy anyway.

I get real laughs out of this continued argument supporting a smoker's "rights". There is NO defense to the COUNTEROFFENSIVE of non-smokers. :lol:

A nonsmoker would not have to retaliate if smokers didn't invade. Why is this so hard to understand? The smokers are the ones who intiate the rising of the bar.

Well if we're playing THIS game :rolleyes:

You drive a car I'm assuming? Or at least use forms of transportations that pollute the air? Well all that pollution is leading to the depletion of the polar ice caps and will probably cause thousands of deaths in poor countries.

Or how about this: Do you eat meat? If so, you're continuing the animal abuse in farms. Also, you're inadvertantly giving farmers more money that they use to pay for steroids in their cows and pigs which are causing massive health problems for customers.

Or another: You're an idiot. ;)

Shall I continue or can we stop playing Candyland here?

Speaking of depletion of polar ice caps, cows, and idiots.....instead of sitting at the computer smoking, why aren't you out there with crazy Al (Gore) trying find a way to keep cows from farting?

http://www.show.me.uk/site/news/STO873.html

Also, some globies believe that tobacco growing, curing, and smoking all add to the greenhouse effect and global warming.

http://scienceu.fsu.edu/content/tobaccoyou/enviroment/docs/globalwarming.html

Speaking of depletion of polar ice caps, cows, and idiots.....instead of sitting at the computer smoking, why aren't you out there with crazy Al (Gore) trying find a way to keep cows from farting?

http://www.show.me.uk/site/news/STO873.html

Also, some globies believe that tobacco growing, curing, and smoking all add to the greenhouse effect and global warming.

http://scienceu.fsu.edu/content/tobaccoyou/enviroment/docs/globalwarming.html

First, I don't smoke. I already said this.

Second, I'm not a Global Warming alarmist, I'm just aware of the effects it's having on poor rural farmers in southEast Asia because I actually care about people.

Third, you completely ignored my point.

Anything to say about that or will you just make this all easier and say "I'm a hypocrite, please stop pointing it out." :rolleyes:

First, I don't smoke. I already said this.

Second, I'm not a Global Warming alarmist, I'm just aware of the effects it's having on poor rural farmers in southEast Asia because I actually care about people.

Anything to say about that or will you just make this all easier and say "I'm a hypocrite, please stop pointing it out." :rolleyes:

OK, you're a hypocrite, please stop pointing it out.

One, how am I a hypocrite? How has anything I've said here made me out to look like a hypocrite? What have I said that was hypocritical?

Second, you're a hypocrite. I forgive you though.

I'm not a Global Warming alarmist, I'm just aware of the effects it's having on poor rural farmers in southEast Asia because I actually care about people.

What a bunch of B.S. the only people you care about are the ones in your own little inner circle.

What a bunch of B.S. the only people you care about are the ones in your own little inner circle.

And you're basing this on what?

So back on to relevant topics: How can you call smokers horrible people when you yourself add to something that is killing people as well? (that's where the hypocrisy card came into play ;) )

Well I don't want to make too big a deal out of this, but I haven't smoked in 9 days. Kind of amazing actually, because I wasn't psyched up to do this at all.

Um, maybe 'they' should fuck with everyone's cigarettes ? :unsure:

It sure is strange having $50 bucks in your wallet on Monday, and still having $45 bucks on Wednesday. I'm not used to that.

I have a question though...does weed and tobacco contain any of the same carcinogens ? I mean, if I'm still smoking some occasional weed, is that at all physically satisfying my tobacco addiction/craving ? And yes, I'm being serious here.

Bong man - any updates?

Still not smoking? Cigarettes, that is :D

That was definitely an unusual turn after the way the thread started.

Bong man - any updates?

Still not smoking? Cigarettes, that is :D

That was definitely an unusual turn after the way the thread started.

Day 16 without smokes. B)

I have to agree with the unusual turn. This certainly wasn't planned. I like to smoke, and money was never a concern. I was seriously contemplating going the 'roll your own' route. In another strange twist, Michigan just passed a public smoking law that takes effect May 1st....so I have some extra motivation to keep this up. I had one tough moment where I could have literally put my fist thru a cinder block wall, but that's about it. Now if I can just stay away from Ben & Jerry's, I'll be alright.

Most smokers are very loyal to their brands. I smoked Newports for over 25 years, quit for a year, and took up Marlboro Reds. I think I figured it would be easier to quit again if I smoked something else, especially non-menthol. It never worked out that way, and I honestly think Marlboros are harder to quit than other cigarettes. Apparently there is an additive that reacts with sugar, giving you a stronger urge to smoke, at least that's the rumor on the streets.

I have yet to meet anyone over 65 that smoked Newports. Anyone ? Seriously, I think they're all dead.

Day 16 without smokes. B)

I have to agree with the unusual turn. This certainly wasn't planned. I like to smoke, and money was never a concern. I was seriously contemplating going the 'roll your own' route. In another strange twist, Michigan just passed a public smoking law that takes effect May 1st....so I have some extra motivation to keep this up. I had one tough moment where I could have literally put my fist thru a cinder block wall, but that's about it. Now if I can just stay away from Ben & Jerry's, I'll be alright.

Most smokers are very loyal to their brands. I smoked Newports for over 25 years, quit for a year, and took up Marlboro Reds. I think I figured it would be easier to quit again if I smoked something else, especially non-menthol. It never worked out that way, and I honestly think Marlboros are harder to quit than other cigarettes. Apparently there is an additive that reacts with sugar, giving you a stronger urge to smoke, at least that's the rumor on the streets.

I have yet to meet anyone over 65 that smoked Newports. Anyone ? Seriously, I think they're all dead.

Good luck with that man, I've been smoke free since the first week of March which was a week before my surgery.

I don't know if it helped being in the hospital on morphine for a week or not but it was one of the best things I've ever done in my life.

I've found that there are still times when the thought of smoking enters my mind and it's usually when I'm doing something that I would smoke while doing. Sometimes it helps to change your routine and think of other things when they enter your mind.

The longer you are away from them the more discusting they become so I can understand where non smokers are coming from.

Your sense of smell and taste will change as time goes by especially your sense of smell.

You will have to do a thorough cleaning of your house and some things you will just throw away.

If you were a heavy smoker and smoked in your house and have ceiling fans you will have to replace them.

I had a smell I couldn't get rid of and it turned out that the fan motor was caked up with nicotine.

That crap get on and in everything.

Again good luck.

And you're basing this on what?

So back on to relevant topics: How can you call smokers horrible people when you yourself add to something that is killing people as well? (that's where the hypocrisy card came into play ;) )

Hi 'wanna be drummer'

Smokers arent horrible people, i can agree with you on that one, they are just selfish people, thats in my honest opinion.

Regards, Danny

You will have to do a thorough cleaning of your house and some things you will just throw away.

If you were a heavy smoker and smoked in your house and have ceiling fans you will have to replace them.

I had a smell I couldn't get rid of and it turned out that the fan motor was caked up with nicotine.

That crap get on and in everything.

Again good luck.

Thanks, and that's good advice. I already cleaned out the truck this past weekend. That seemed like the easiest place to start. My girlfriend knew I was serious when she saw me wash out the truck ashtray. I haven't had a beer in 5 weeks, so smoking at the bar isn't much of a concern anymore. I never was much of a drinker anyway.

Archived