Oldest drummer to play with Led Zep?

Hey, this is a cool one, I believe that Jason is the oldest and was the youngest to play with ZEP.

I do not think Moonie, Kirke or Lee actually played with all 3 living members but you all know more than i about that. From what I know, Moonie and Kirke sat in while Bonham was alive so I am not sure of that "counts". I know Lee played with Plant & Page but I am not sure if JPJ ever showed up to play with them for a one nighter during a tour. I would like to find out however so please "jump in" and post if someone knows.

Thanks !!

Pop I

Hey, this is a cool one, I believe that Jason is the oldest and was the youngest to play with ZEP.

I do not think Moonie, Kirke or Lee actually played with all 3 living members but you all know more than i about that. From what I know, Moonie and Kirke sat in while Bonham was alive so I am not sure of that "counts". I know Lee played with Plant & Page but I am not sure if JPJ ever showed up to play with them for a one nighter during a tour. I would like to find out however so please "jump in" and post if someone knows.

Thanks !!

Pop I

Kirke and Moon jammed with all four in the 70s. Lee, if I remember correctly, played on some of the songs they did at the RnR HOF jam with Aerosmith & Neil Young. Jason was not on drums for every song they did that night.

I remember seeing an interview with -jimmy page where he said -jason bonham sat in on drums for -led zeppelin at a soundcheck once....so -john bonham could go out and see how it sounded.

That was at Knebworth. From what I read, Jonesy could tell it was Jason, but Robert and Jimmy didn't even notice who was playing until they saw John standing to the side.

That was at Knebworth. From what I read, Jonesy could tell it was Jason, but Robert and Jimmy didn't even notice who was playing until they saw John standing to the side.

yup, that was it. They were playing and didnt realize it for awhile.

I remember seeing an interview with -jimmy page where he said -jason bonham sat in on drums for -led zeppelin at a soundcheck once....so -john bonham could go out and see how it sounded.

I remember that too. I think John Bonham said that it was the first time he had ever seen Led Zeppelin!! Hmm, he considered it to be Led Zeppelin when his son was playing!

If John Bonham really hated touring so much, and he did not pass away. Maybe Jason Bonham would still be the drummer for Led Zeppelin today in a Brian Wilson kinda of way.

Jason plays live, and John writes and performs in the studio.

I remember that too. I think John Bonham said that it was the first time he had ever seen Led Zeppelin!! Hmm, he considered it to be Led Zeppelin when his son was playing!

Good point...and Jimmy and Robert didn't notice for a while.

While I fall into the 'It's not really Led Zeppelin without John Bonham' camp, I can't say it bothers me too much. I'm sure Jason will do his father credit. Sure takes guts to get behind the kit with those three guys.

I too feel that it is not Zeppelin without John Bonham, However Jason Could be the one exception to that. ( on a lot of different levels)

Anyone familiar with Zeppelin's history and has heard the story of when they got together the first time played can surely find some similarity between that and the descriptions of the first rehearsal they had together for this outing.

Who says lightning can't strike twice!

Archived