Track by Track Day 5: Your Time is Gonna Come

Your Time Is Gonna Come...

This is my least favorite song on their first album. At first I loved it but after 9 or 10 listens It started to annoy me... I'm glad Jonesy decided to stop doing acoustic organs because, as he put it, it sounds too "churchy". This is the only zep song with acoustic organs. Opinions? Trivia? Anything else to add?

I love this song & "Baby Come On Home". I wish they pursued this style more often. I for one love the organ intro on this. Jimmy plays wonderful pedal steel here, especially for someone who never played the instrument before this recording. Great Plant vocals, Bonzo coming in with big full drums in all the right places. This recording has a lot of spaces & it really breathes. Just a beautiful, rich, & full recording. The song itself is a combo folk/r&b number. There have been the comparisons to Traffic on this song, & it does have that feel, but I'm not complaning as I love them & their producer Jimmy Miller. This song is also the first Zep song that Jason Bonham remembers his Dad playing proudly on the family's stereo.

For sure a strong group effort, this is a great blues song and explains just what the blues really is...

"A good man feel'n down" B)

Hello BLD- I agree, being raised in Nawlins, raised on the blues. I love the organs in this. Very overlooked song in my opinion.

Bland and boring. Any mediocre band could have written it. It's the only song they ever did that feels like filler. (Well, maybe LLM too) The only time I don't skip it is when I'm listening to vinyl. It's a shame We're Gonna Groove wasn't recorded yet. I think that would have been a better way to open side two.

Good song. I like acoustic guitar work in it. Good transition between it and "Black Mountain Side" too.

I'll 2nd that, The acoustic guitar is very dominant right after the opening organ segment (nice work John Paul Jones!) and it give's the song a bit of a lift, even if for only a few bars.

I think the accoustic organ is a great opening to the song, no doubt John Paul Jones was a genius! Also I simply love the accoustic guitar playing in this song. One of the highlights in their first album in my opinion :)

I think this is one of their more underrated songs. Btw, due to the fact of a mislabeling on the cassette I bought back in the 80's, I always thought this was the opening song of Zep 1. It wasn't till the Zep 1 cd came out that I found out the correct order of the album.

I disagree with any negative comments about "Your Time Is Gonna Come". I'm not saying people can't dislike the song, i just don't agree with the derrogatory remarks i just read.

One of my top ten favorite Zeppelin songs and next to "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" my favorite on the first album. It just sounds really good to my ears, music and Robert Plant alike :) As Wolfman said, one of the more underrated songs, but i do catch it playing on the radio once in a while.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A great song in my opinion, especially Plant's vocals. It is one of their more straightforward arrangements with a basic 3 chord structure in the verses...really the turnaround makes the song, excellent in its simplicity and brilliant in the way it works with the color notes in the acoustic guitar arpeggio and then its ability to launch the chorus.

Archived