IT MIGHT GET LOUD

Just bought the It might get loud dvd and for anyone who usually skips the deleted scenes on dvd's don't do it this time. The scene of jimmy showing edge and jack the way to play Kashmir is priceless. Also jimmy showing them how the Theremin that was used in whole lotta love is intresting as well. Plus jimmys trip back to Headley the house where they recorded is very good as well. The press conference scene is intresting as well with the last reporter asking jimmy about a led zep reunion. This dvd is worth buying and keeping trust me.

Anyone know what song is played while in menu (before you select play/extras/scene selection etc.)?

I'd like to know that too, I love the music but don't even know who's playing it.

One thing that was a bummer from the blu-ray was the big hype that was made of being able to mail yourself a playlist of the songs in the film. I was hoping to have access to the music somehow but all it does is make a written list of songs.

Just bought the It might get loud dvd and for anyone who usually skips the deleted scenes on dvd's don't do it this time. The scene of jimmy showing edge and jack the way to play Kashmir is priceless. Also jimmy showing them how the Theremin that was used in whole lotta love is intresting as well. Plus jimmys trip back to Headley the house where they recorded is very good as well. The press conference scene is intresting as well with the last reporter asking jimmy about a led zep reunion. This dvd is worth buying and keeping trust me.

I'm puzzled about these so called "deleted scenes," as they were all included in the version shown at the UK Premiere. is there a cinema ("theatre") version and home entertainment version?

Cheers,

Indi

I'm puzzled about these so called "deleted scenes," as they were all included in the version shown at the UK Premiere. is there a cinema ("theatre") version and home entertainment version?

Cheers, All I can tell you is that on the dvd these scenes are all deleted scenes. Why ??? don't know but they are under special features on the disc.

Indi

I watched IMGL again last night. I think I watch the deleted scenes more than the movie! Never get tired of those Jimmy deleted scenes and the scene of Jimmy listening to his record collection in the movie. :thumbsup:

The deleted scenes with Jimmy in them are worth the price of the dvd I think!

Hello... It's been awhile since I posted here (last time was in connection with IT MIGHT GET LOUD, when I was lucky enough to get to interview JIMMY!:)

Thanks so much for posting all the deleted scenes! I have the Blu-ray, but haven't had time to watch it yet. They are fantastic.

Staci

pageandwhite.jpg

Hello... It's been awhile since I posted here (last time was in connection with IT MIGHT GET LOUD, when I was lucky enough to get to interview JIMMY!:)

Thanks so much for posting all the deleted scenes! I have the Blu-ray, but haven't had time to watch it yet. They are fantastic.

Staci

pageandwhite.jpg

stacilayne-Nice to see you back and what a great picture!! I love this DVD and have watched it already numerous time! The experience in the theater was great!

stacilayne-Nice to see you back and what a great picture!! I love this DVD and have watched it already numerous time! The experience in the theater was great!

Hey deborah I would kill to be in staci's spot right now. You gettin any snow up in the mountains there??

Hey deborah I would kill to be in staci's spot right now. You gettin any snow up in the mountains there??

Snow flurries yesterday, and this morning my decks are covered in ice! :coffee: Good time to go watch "It Might Get Loud" again (probably over 10 times watching it) Then move on to Earls Court. :wave:

Yes, I can only imagine sitting between Jimmy and Jack!!!!!!!!

Snow flurries yesterday, and this morning my decks are covered in ice! coffee.gif Good time to go watch "It Might Get Loud" again (probably over 10 times watching it) Then move on to Earls Court. wave.gif

Yes, I can only imagine sitting between Jimmy and Jack!!!!!!!!

indeed around the 8th time watching IMGL and then maybe some TSRTS for oh I dont know 100th time?

No snow flurries here in Los Angeles. Sorry 'bout that, guys.

I've got to say, out of all the YOUTUBE videos I have, the IT MIGHT GET LOUD one has the most views and the most comments. (Jackie Chan is shortly behind, now -- it was #1 forever)

With comments, unfortunately, come trolls. Some people don't like Jack White, almost nobody doesn't like Jimmy (of course :), some people hate me, but WOW... The Edge isn't even in the video and I get the most vicious, nasty, hateful, rotten and awful comments on him. Pure vitriol! And such profanity, too. It was shocking to me, at first. I had no idea he'd provoke people so much. I mean, he just seems like a normal, every day guy to me. Kind of bland, so what to "hate"? (In case you go looking, don't bother b/c I remove all mean comments. My YouTube channel isn't a democracy :)

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but since we're on the subject of It Might Get Loud and YouTube, etc., I'll chance the flames... OR, just stop reading here if you don't want to see off topic.

I'll give you a little background: I'm an entertainment reporter full time, all day everyday, and I work on camera about half the time (the rest is writing). In person, I get the most amazing feedback -- lots of great compliments on my fashion sense, hair color, looks, etc. Inside, I am pretty insecure, so I take it with a grain of salt... but it's a fact: at least once a day -- at the grocery store, at work, at the movies, where ever -- someone will go out of their way to say something really nice to me.

I should dwell on that, but instead, I allow myself to become down and depressed when I get a mean comment on YouTube on one of my video interviews. It's not very often, maybe once or twice a week, but those anonymous users are so vicious and cruel. I pay attention, because repeated words are along the lines of "she's old", "too old for that hairstyle," "too old to be wearing that", "I don't like her face", "stupid", and "annoying". Those are mostly on the IT MIGHT GET LOUD video. I can kind of understand the "stupid" one, since I only had two minutes to interview 3 people and had to stick to very basic sound bites.

"Old" has been coming up a lot lately on my videos (of course, most of the YouTube commenters are 16!) ... and given the nature of my business, it's worrisome. I can't judge myself accurately probably, but I really don't think I look "old". (And what *IS* old, anyway? I'd only use that word for someone who is elderly.)

So, I have a couple of questions / requests.

Would you look at these recent pictures (sorry, but I don't think I've been a MB user long enough to imbed a lot images, so here are links) and tell me how old I look to you? I'm really curious what the average person, who has never seen me, might think.

PHOTO TAKEN 7 DAYS AGO

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1003183&l=33b27e56b4&id=1069883333

PHOTOS ON FACEBOOK, NONE MORE THAN 6 MONTHS OLD

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=-3&id=1069883333&l=3637109e41

Of course, there have always been mean people out there. But now the forums and anonymity add a whole new dimension to it. (But I **still** wouldn't bag on anyone in a public forum even if I knew no one would ever guess it's me.) I don't know if you've seen it, but JAMIE KENNEDY did a good documentary on the subject, called "Heckler". He went out and found and confronted some of his detractors. Not many were as brave when given the chance to say those things to his face.

Thanks very much...

Staci

I've got to say, out of all the YOUTUBE videos I have, the IT MIGHT GET LOUD one has the most views and the most comments. (Jackie Chan is shortly behind, now -- it was #1 forever)

With comments, unfortunately, come trolls. Some people don't like Jack White, almost nobody doesn't like Jimmy (of course :), some people hate me, but WOW... The Edge isn't even in the video and I get the most vicious, nasty, hateful, rotten and awful comments on him. Pure vitriol! And such profanity, too. It was shocking to me, at first. I had no idea he'd provoke people so much. I mean, he just seems like a normal, every day guy to me. Kind of bland, so what to "hate"? (In case you go looking, don't bother b/c I remove all mean comments. My YouTube channel isn't a democracy :)

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but since we're on the subject of It Might Get Loud and YouTube, etc., I'll chance the flames... OR, just stop reading here if you don't want to see off topic.

I'll give you a little background: I'm an entertainment reporter full time, all day everyday, and I work on camera about half the time (the rest is writing). In person, I get the most amazing feedback -- lots of great compliments on my fashion sense, hair color, looks, etc. Inside, I am pretty insecure, so I take it with a grain of salt... but it's a fact: at least once a day -- at the grocery store, at work, at the movies, where ever -- someone will go out of their way to say something really nice to me.

I should dwell on that, but instead, I allow myself to become down and depressed when I get a mean comment on YouTube on one of my video interviews. It's not very often, maybe once or twice a week, but those anonymous users are so vicious and cruel. I pay attention, because repeated words are along the lines of "she's old", "too old for that hairstyle," "too old to be wearing that", "I don't like her face", "stupid", and "annoying". Those are mostly on the IT MIGHT GET LOUD video. I can kind of understand the "stupid" one, since I only had two minutes to interview 3 people and had to stick to very basic sound bites.

"Old" has been coming up a lot lately on my videos (of course, most of the YouTube commenters are 16!) ... and given the nature of my business, it's worrisome. I can't judge myself accurately probably, but I really don't think I look "old". (And what *IS* old, anyway? I'd only use that word for someone who is elderly.)

Would you look at these recent pictures (sorry, but I don't think I've been a MB user long enough to imbed a lot images, so here are links) and tell me how old I look to you? I'm really curious what the average person, who has never seen me, might think.

PHOTO TAKEN 7 DAYS AGO

Of course, there have always been mean people out there. But now the forums and anonymity add a whole new dimension to it. (But I **still** wouldn't bag on anyone in a public forum even if I knew no one would ever guess it's me.) I don't know if you've seen it, but JAMIE KENNEDY did a good documentary on the subject, called "Heckler". He went out and found and confronted some of his detractors. Not many were as brave when given the chance to say those things to his face.

Thanks very much...

Staci

Staci!

IMO These idiots are just jealous! Who really gives a rats ass what they think. You are only as old as you feel. I refuse to let age get in my way:-) You are so lucky to be able to do what you do! I, and I am sure a lot of people on this forum appreciate your post and updates.

I think people who are constantly negative should be kicked to the curb!Keep up the good work and I hope we hear more from you :D

Deborah

Edit: Your successful, beautiful...enough said :thumbsup:

^^ Hi Staci. Nice to meet ya. I think that mid-30's would be an accurate accessment. And 30's is not old at all. I have made peace with being in my 50's. It only seems old to the young. I remeber being a kid and thinking my grandmother was old but she was in her early 40's and I am sure she did not feel "old".

You are a beautiful woman. In my mind I still feel young, but what we project by how we present ourselves to others is another matter. Unfortunatly, as women, aging does sometimes dictate a change in how we dress and primp ourselves. I realize that being in Hollywood you can get away with the quirky dressing that may go along with an occasion but IMO, you would be much more classy if you lost the blue streak. Sometimes trying to hold a fashion that would be done by teenagers, when we are older, does make one look older than they seem.

I hope that makes sense and that I do not sound mean. It is not meant to be so in any way. You asked for input and that is how I see it.

PHOTO TAKEN 7 DAYS AGO

Thanks very much...

STACI im 48 years old and get the same thing even though I don't look 48. People tell me I look 38 anyway there is nothing wrong with your looks youre a hottie trust me. If you ever come to the state of georgia look me and deborah up we would luv to hang out with ya ok bye

Archived