8.8 Earthquake Hits Chile

Reggie29

from what i'm seeing on cnn, its chile,peru and ecquador on tsnami warning. aftershocks are occuring already. the footage filtering into cnn is limited as of now, but the sun just came up awhile ago and communications and power are slowly getting back up.

there are conflicting reports on possible tsunamis, between warnings and advisories. at first the warning was just for chile,peru and ecquador. the reports on aftershocks are going from 2 or 3, to 10 to15. structurally the actual footage shows much less damage than in haiti, as they have building codes there, being its a earthquake zone.

I have distant family in New Zealand and am hoping, wherever they are, that they are safe. The first waves of the Tsunami were meant to hit the NZ coast at 6am their time, so most people would've been asleep. It's 8am now and apparently the waves are getting bigger and they've just been put on full-scale Tsunami alert.

I have distant family in New Zealand and am hoping, wherever they are, that they are safe. The first waves of the Tsunami were meant to hit the NZ coast at 6am their time, so most people would've been asleep. It's 8am now and apparently the waves are getting bigger and they've just been put on full-scale Tsunami alert.

:console: thinking good thoughts for the safety of your family - and of course everyone.

I´m still in Santiago, the city is coming back to its normal pace. But I tell you, it was scary. Really, really scary. :blink: :blink: Something I´ll remember for life. And something I dont expect ever to go through again. I thank you for your concern and i just wanted to let you know that i'm fine. Just can't wait to be back home, but i have no reason to complain. None at all. :)

Hi all,

I´m still in Santiago, the city is coming back to its normal pace. But I tell you, it was scary. Really, really scary. :blink: :blink: Something I´ll remember for life. And something I dont expect ever to go through again. I thank you for your concern and i just wanted to let you know that i'm fine. Just can't wait to be back home, but i have no reason to complain. None at all. :)

No Sister,some of us was worried about you and your family.Good news.

Your family.So,...

KB :D

Archived