The Black Sabbath Thread

manderlyh

I just got something Sabbath-related in the mail today...can't wait to listen to it!

No shit! The Black Box? F-in awesome! B)

I saw it in Amsterdam, think it's shaped like a coffin (correct me if I'm wrong).

I couldn't decide between getting that one or the other box with the mini-vinyl replica's.

I chose that one, but the music's the same. I wanted to replace those old crappy cd's (the ones with cheap inlays, Volume 4 with a different cover, being named Children Of The Grave and live bonus tracks).

started listening to them when i was around 11. this older guy had a rock music collection

he let me take home we sold our souls for r n r. live evil and the eternal idol. i

instantly loved the first era stuff. had a hard time listening to live evil. eternal

idol sounded tiered to me. for a long time the ozzy era was the real deal for me

not just because of him but because of bill,tony & geezer and the overall sound of the material

itself. i later got into heaven and hell/mob rules era. sabbath's another band ingrained into

the fabric of my life. i grew up kinda poor. in the winter there wasn't enough heat to

heat my entire house. i remember opening vol 4 putting it in for the first time . it was like

15-20 degrees . the sound of the album along with steam coming out of my mouth

as i sat bundled up made an impact, very frigid.

didn't sabbath and zep members used to hang out and jam on occasion? i hear tony iommi

has a few tapes under lock and key..

No shit! The Black Box? F-in awesome! B)

I saw it in Amsterdam, think it's shaped like a coffin (correct me if I'm wrong).

I couldn't decide between getting that one or the other box with the mini-vinyl replica's.

I chose that one, but the music's the same. I wanted to replace those old crappy cd's (the ones with cheap inlays, Volume 4 with a different cover, being named Children Of The Grave and live bonus tracks).

Not the Black Box.

I think I'll ask for the Black Box for Christmas again this year--I don't think anyone who would spend that much money on me for Christmas could stand listening to Sabbath that much! :lol:

First time I ever got high was at a Black Sabbath concert, October 10 , 1971. They were promoting Master of Reality and loosened the foundation of the arena !

I still listen to their first 3 records pretty often, especially their first one, my fave.....

It figures the first time I was stoned was for a evil band ! :lol:

Look at what it did to you!

:hysterical:

:D

• 4 weeks later...

i saw ozzy and rob zombie about a month or so ago it was fuckin awesome i hadnt been to a concert in a couple of years. it just rocked. ilove ozzy he has written alot of songs that are alot deeper than he gets credit for as far as being a song writer!!!

i saw ozzy and rob zombie about a month or so ago it was fuckin awesome i hadnt been to a concert in a couple of years. it just rocked. ilove ozzy he has written alot of songs that are alot deeper than he gets credit for as far as being a song writer!!!

only time i saw ozzy was that sabbath show. it was in philly general add. seating. i saw a kid in front of fall when the doors open. people were walking over him i tried to stop to help him and my friend grabbed me and pulled me. he said if you stopped you would get trampled. after the show i asked a cop about him he said he died at the scene.

only time i saw ozzy was that sabbath show. it was in philly general add. seating. i saw a kid in front of fall when the doors open. people were walking over him i tried to stop to help him and my friend grabbed me and pulled me. he said if you stopped you would get trampled. after the show i asked a cop about him he said he died at the scene.

im sorry you had to endure any such occurence in your life but i try to believe that when its your time its your time why god would pick such a death only he knows i can't speakk for him cuz i am not a god but yeah thats just not cool to have to see that

im sorry you had to endure any such occurence in your life but i try to believe that when its your time its your time why god would pick such a death only he knows i can't speakk for him cuz i am not a god but yeah thats just not cool to have to see that

the image is etched in my head

Wheels of Confusion

Long ago I wandered through my mind

With a land of fairytales and stories

Lost in happiness I knew no fears

Innocence and love was all I knew

Was it illusion?

Soon the days are passing into ages

Happiness just isn't got so easy

Life was born of fairy tales and daydreams

Innocence was just another word

Was it illusion?

Lost in the wheels of confusion

Running through furnace of tears

Eyes full of angered illusion

Hiding in everyday fears

So I vow that life is just a burden

But you know there's never been a winner

Try your hardest and you'll still be a loser

The world will still be turning when you're gone

Yeah when you're gone!

55112031.JPG

Edited by JAG

Love Iron Man and as good and album that Paranoid is, Blizzard of OZ is the best ever! Crazy train and Mr Crowley are my two favs of all time by Ozzie, but I like alot of his stuff. Too bad many dont like him just because he has more or less made a fool out of himself in life.

Ozzy chose to let MTV's cameras into his house. My guess is, it could have also been almost anyone else in rock and they could have equally have been made fun of. Some folks may now think less of Ozzy but he laughed all the way to the bank. It didn't change my opinion of him one iota, Sabbath are still among my very favorites.