Ouch!

redrum

Of course that's not the word I actually used when I shut my truck door on my right thumb the other day. I think my vocabulary equaled a USMC drill Sgt. or something or other. :mad::lol:

How I could do such a stupid thing is beyond me. :blink: My thumb was trapped and I had to open the door with my left hand to get it free. And that was when the bleeding (and more cussing) started. :wacko:

It still smarts and it's heard to play my guitar with the gauze and tape.

Next time I'll take the bus.

B)

Of course that's not the word I actually used when I shut my truck door on my right thumb the other day. I think my vocabulary equaled a USMC drill Sgt. or something or other. :mad::lol:

How I could do such a stupid thing is beyond me. :blink: My thumb was trapped and I had to open the door with my left hand to get it free. And that was when the bleeding (and more cussing) started. :wacko:

B)

I'm sorry :( You're entitled to swear like Tony Soprano under the circumstances. Hope it feels better soon!

Of course that's not the word I actually used when I shut my truck door on my right thumb the other day. I think my vocabulary equaled a USMC drill Sgt. or something or other. :mad:

Hi Redrum, i hope you get better soon mate.

My Story.

Sept 2005, Venue, The Black horse Walthamstow London,

The Led Zeppelin Tribute Band "Whole Lotta Led" were about to start their show, i decided i needed to take a leak so i dashed off to the toilets, i arrived back just in time for the start, they break in too "The Song Remains the Same" as i tell Misses BIGDAN that my pecker is well and truly caught in the zipper of my jeans. Luckily i had a long T shirt on. :blush:

My best-us friend Mike offered to get me untangled, what a guy, to go down near a blokes tackle in front of hundreds of Hard Core Heavy Metal Nutters, what a true friend he is. I declined his kind offer to avoid his embarrassment, i used ice to reduce the swelling, it wasn't having any of it, i went out to my van for a pair of pliers only to get heavy handed and break off the zipper pulley, i was in deep crap now, still glad for the long T shirt though. ;)

So it was off to A and E, early enough to miss the rush, i ended up with a doctor who wanted me in theatre for an operation, then this fantastic Italian Doctor said that he could release me without using anything else but a scissor clamp, and a rather large needle. :wtf:

In the end there were the two Doctors and a West Indian Nurse tugging on my member with the scissor clamps firmly attached to my Zipper, this way and that way they pulled, i made a wish, and then i was loose, dripping with sweat and my heart racing twenty to the dozen, i thanked all that was there, the Nurse bandaged me up put me in a sling and sent me on my way. :yay:

What a night, and i still have the Scar, which is between 1 inches and 9 inches long, depends on how it hanging. :lol:

This is a Very True Story and one which i have no embarrassment telling. ;)

Regards, littledan

Awww...redrum! :( I don't blame you for swearing! I do hope you feel better! :)

Yesterday, while going from one buliding to another to get to class, (we have to pretty much cross a couple of streets to get from one class to another as the campus of my University is huge!)...I was in a tearing hurry...it was pretty much the rush hour (right after lunch) and everyone was just running to get to class on time...I crossed the street into a narrow pathway which had an incline and I was just walking along, minding my own business making room for other students who were just as much in a hurry as I was, when suddenly, I tripped, fell flat on the ground, my jaw pierced the hard concrete and my left knee got a bit scratched (luckily, I was wearing jeans, otherwise it could have been much worse)...the first word that came out of my mouth was "f*ck!"...I was so embarassed! Blood started coming from beneath my chin and my left knee was stinging pretty bad..I just picked myself up off the ground, dusted myself, took my bag and walked to class and pretended as if nothing had happened! Anyway, I am pretty much "the queen of accidents!" :lol:

B)

Isn't an interesting phenomenom that cussing makes it easier to deal with the pain.

When I was a teenager I shut the car door on my little finger. Completely latched and my mom had to come and open the door. Of course I cried and screamed alot but didn't cuss. My mom would probably have understood if I did though.

BIGDAN, you make me LOL in my office, at "work". This can't end well..

Anyway, usually when I'm injure myself, I forget to curse. When it's really painfull, I just stand there, teeth clenched or just saying "auauauau". When is just a stupid, minor injurie (like, for example, puncture a wrist with a metalic part of a folder, or cuting my hand in a piece of paper), I slip a curse in my mother language, and that's all.

BIGDAN, you make me LOL in my office, at "work". This can't end well..

Anyway, usually when I'm injure myself, I forget to curse. When it's really painfull, I just stand there, teeth clenched or just saying "auauauau". When is just a stupid, minor injurie (like, for example, puncture a wrist with a metalic part of a folder, or cuting my hand in a piece of paper), I slip a curse in my mother language, and that's all.

Hi zdr, you are so funny,

But that's my job, i am a Humour Consultant in my day job, :lol: and there were no after effects after it healed, so all's well that ends well.

Does "auauauau" mean the "F" word in your language? (Romanian i think) hows Vlad doing? is he still impaling the Infidels? :lol:

We/I need to know how you curse in your mother language, please feel free to start a New Topic to satisfy our curiosity will you? :yesnod:

Regards, littledan

Well my wife is bringing me a new set of syringes home tonight. :lol: Its not what you think. After my recent back surgery they somehow managed to give me a blood clot in my lower left calf. No pain, just a swollen left foot. So they did an ultrasound. I knew when she kept going over the same place on my leg she didnt have the hots for me. I knew something was wrong. Sure enough, rushed me to the ER at the hospital. Got a lesson how to inject myself in the stomach. Yum yum. So after usiing the five they sent me home with yesterdays lab test says I need to bring the levels up. More shots, up the warfarin (cumodin), and go back to the Doctor next week. Bend over and kiss my ass goodbye. What else can go wrong? Sorry about that finger Redrum. Want to trade? Im in a back brace, have electrodes hooked up to my back with a spinal electronic device, injections in my stomach, cumodin, narcs up the ass,. And sex? What the hell is that? ha. I distant memory. At least my horses are doing ok. Ha. Keeping me sane. And down the stretch they come!!!!!!!:injured::beat: Wake up ya bastard!!!!! I just put the last of the mohicans on ya!!!!!

Hi zdr, you are so funny,

But that's my job, i am a Humour Consultant in my day job, :lol: and there were no after effects after it healed, so all's well that ends well.

Does "auauauau" mean the "F" word in your language? (Romanian i think) hows Vlad doing? is he still impaling the Infidels? :lol:

We/I need to know how you curse in your mother language, please feel free to start a New Topic to satisfy our curiosity will you? :yesnod:

Regards, littledan

:D Sorry for trespassing you domanin. I didn't realize. Please don't shot me! I'm really a plain person IRL..

Nope, "au au au" means "ouch ouch ouch" in English (or "ioi ioi ioi" in my regional dialect)

A "cursing in your Mother Language" thread? I think it would be futile, since al the savour would be lost. :lol:

Vlad is doing fine, thanks for asking :lol: . He invite you all to a big party at his castle (no matter what castle it is, Vlad's or no Vlad's, there would be some Dracula tour/event for tourists :rolleyes: )

Well my wife is bringing me a new set of syringes home tonight. :lol: Its not what you think. After my recent back surgery they somehow managed to give me a blood clot in my lower left calf. No pain, just a swollen left foot. So they did an ultrasound. I knew when she kept going over the same place on my leg she didnt have the hots for me. I knew something was wrong. Sure enough, rushed me to the ER at the hospital. Got a lesson how to inject myself in the stomach. Yum yum. So after usiing the five they sent me home with yesterdays lab test says I need to bring the levels up. More shots, up the warfarin (cumodin), and go back to the Doctor next week. Bend over and kiss my ass goodbye. What else can go wrong? Sorry about that finger Redrum. Want to trade? Im in a back brace, have electrodes hooked up to my back with a spinal electronic device, injections in my stomach, cumodin, narcs up the ass,. And sex? What the hell is that? ha. I distant memory. At least my horses are doing ok. Ha. Keeping me sane. And down the stretch they come!!!!!!!:injured::beat: Wake up ya bastard!!!!! I just put the last of the mohicans on ya!!!!!

Sorry to hear all that :console:

Even if you can't jump and run (at least, can you walk?), the forum is here, to ramble on all that you want.

And your wife is very romantic to give you gifts, after all this years.

That would make it hard to hold a pick if your right handed, if your a lefty the guitar may just be imposable to play for a while. I did play when I had a partial cast on my right arm for a while. It was difficult but not imposable but my thumb was not injured, it was my right ring finger.

Hi Redrum, i hope you get better soon mate.

This is a Very True Story and one which i have no embarrassment telling. ;)

Fortunately (or unfortunately?) :D mine's too short to get caught in my zipper. :lol:

I dropped the lid of my dutch oven on my big toe after work today :o have a nice bruise now, but I can still run.

My friend John dropped a sharp jackhammer point right on his big toe.

I could never understand why he never wore steel toe boots on the job. :blink:

I was frying some fish last month, and when I went to flip it over, I splashed very hot oil all over two of my fingers. It hurt LAMF, I had to keep it submerged in cold water for about half an hour before I could stop yelling, then it seemed ok so I went to bed. When I woke up in the night, all the skin from the top of my fingers had come off and was lying on my pillow next to me. Had it bandaged by a nurse, and a few days later it stank like fuck and was attracting the flies. The worst thing was having my hand all bandaged up for two weeks. I had to learn how to wipe my ass with my other hand. I also learned how to do lots of other things with my wrong hand.

So then when it got better, fuck me, I woke up one day with a huge zit on my upper arm, so I picked at it but nothing came out. A few hours later, my whole upper arm had turned bright pink, and hurt like fuck. So I went to the doc again and he said it was an infected bite, from some shitty little fly that has migrated north from some southern shit-hole. It's almost better now, but I'm left with what looks like a big vaccination mark, with a deep crater in the middle where all the pus used to be.

I wonder what will happen to me next?

I was frying some fish last month, and when I went to flip it over, I splashed very hot oil all over two of my fingers. It hurt LAMF, I had to keep it submerged in cold water for about half an hour before I could stop yelling, then it seemed ok so I went to bed. When I woke up in the night, all the skin from the top of my fingers had come off and was lying on my pillow next to me. Had it bandaged by a nurse, and a few days later it stank like fuck and was attracting the flies. The worst thing was having my hand all bandaged up for two weeks. I had to learn how to wipe my ass with my other hand. I also learned how to do lots of other things with my wrong hand.

So then when it got better, fuck me, I woke up one day with a huge zit on my upper arm, so I picked at it but nothing came out. A few hours later, my whole upper arm had turned bright pink, and hurt like fuck. So I went to the doc again and he said it was an infected bite, from some shitty little fly that has migrated north from some southern shit-hole. It's almost better now, but I'm left with what looks like a big vaccination mark, with a deep crater in the middle where all the pus used to be.

Order out! Stay out of the kitchen. You know two good ways to do fish in a frying pan, olive oil and lemon and pepper seasoning is one. but go get a jar of unrefined, organic coconut oil. (Specrum). It is great for breaded talapia and for breaded shrimp. And its good in brownies instead of canola or regular oil. Coconut oil in moderation is very good for you. Stay away from vegetable oil. Use only canola, olive, coconut or maybe if you want to splurge the expensive ones like hazelnut.

I've pinched my fingers in a clasp before.

I've also had a car hatch attempt to close on my head, slammed one of my little toes into a 12-pound dumbell, hipchecked and elbowed kitchen counters, walked into walls, and shut a cabinet door on my right-hand thumb.

On top of all this, when I was little I was rather clutzy and known to trip quite easily.

I don't usually cuss unless it really, really hurts though. I do beat myself up a bit, though. :beat::wacko:

Awww...redrum! :( I don't blame you for swearing! I do hope you feel better! :)

Anyway, I am pretty much "the queen of accidents!" :lol:

Thanks. It's actually healing up pretty nice. :)

You kinda sound like a guy I used to work with....very accident prone.

B)

Thanks for the advice, Silvermedallist. But after this, the only oil I'll be going anywhere near for a long time is hash oil. A very large shipment seems to have just hit town. How thoroughly bizarre - I haven't seen that stuff in about 25 years. Messy, but good messy.

When I was a kid my Mother was frying some eggs in bacon grease and like a dummy I was watching the frying pan and when the grease popped it got in my eye. Of course my older brother was laughing at me. :lol:

Archived