Today's Telegraph, Robert Plant interview.

chimp

Thanks for putting up this article 'chimp' it sure does look like RP has finally given his adoring fans the answer that they have always dreaded, whatever that answer is it is not definitive as RP always leaves the Backdoor open, he is the epitome of a Backdoor Man in many more ways than one. ;)

"We only had three or four places we could play in the UK and the rest of the time we'd be siphoning fuel out of cars in the middle of the night and nicking milk off doorsteps at 4am. I had nothing to lose, so it was just sort of 'who cares, as long as it's jumping?'"

So he went from being A Thieving Vagabond to A

"It's a very selfish thing. The tail must never wag the dog."

Selfish, Big Headed, Spoilt Golden God, oh well it was nice while it lasted, good luck to Him and all that follow in His Selfish Wake.

Regards, littledan

I feel pretty angry and sad after reading this, to be honest! I can't help myself!!! dry.gif

Hi 'Kiwi_Zep_Fan87'

You have me very worried, please don't do anything rash, i know how you feel but life must go on regardless of what direction RP goes in, if only HE knew what profound effect HIS decision has had upon US he may say to Himself this,

"When your conscience hits, you knock it back with pills, Livin', lovin', she's just a woman"

Condolences, littledan

Hi 'Kiwi_Zep_Fan87'

You have me very worried, please don't do anything rash, i know how you feel but life must go on regardless of what direction RP goes in, if only HE knew what profound effect HIS decision has had upon US he may say to Himself this,

"When your conscience hits, you knock it back with pills, Livin', lovin', she's just a woman"

Condolences, littledan

Yeah..you're absolutely right Danny! :) Don't worry! I'm a still bit angry but I'll get over it eventually! :) Anyway, at least Robert didn't say something like "I demand that every copy of every Led Zeppelin CD, tape and Vinyl ever made should be surrendered immediately so that it can be destroyed forever such that there is no trace of Led Zep left in this world!" :rolleyes: Sheesh! Besides, if that were to happen, he'll pretty much look like a priced idiot because he'll lose so much in royalties...besides, Jimmy and JPJ, will probably kill him! :lol: Anyway, may the music of Led Zeppelin live on forever in our hearts, sound systems and ipods! Cheers! :D

P.S

That line you mentioned from "Livin' Loving Maid" suits this whole mess perfectly!! ;)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Yeah..you're absolutely right Danny! :) Don't worry! I'm a still bit angry but I'll get over it eventually! :) Anyway, at least Robert didn't say something like "I demand that every copy of every Led Zeppelin CD, tape and Vinyl ever made should be surrendered immediately so that it can be destroyed forever such that there is no trace of Led Zep left in this world!" :rolleyes: Sheesh! Besides, if that were to happen, he'll pretty much look like a priced idiot because he'll lose so much in royalties...besides, Jimmy and JPJ, will probably kill him! :lol: Anyway, may the music of Led Zeppelin live on forever in our hearts, sound systems and ipods! Cheers! :D

P.S

That line you mentioned from "Livin' Loving Maid" suits this whole mess perfectly!! ;)

Hi 'Kiwi_Zep_Fan87'

Yea, and the "Pills" are in reality His venture in to that Sickly Sweet Mummsy World that is called Country Music. :o:lol:

Regards, littledan

http://www.iem.ac.ru/zeppelin/docs/IFMTL-2.html

Plant sold his rights to the Led Zeppelin material in the early 1980's, although he still maintains 1/3 creative control, but he doesn't get any royalties from the sales of Led Zeppelin albums, hence his comment when being interviewed by Letterman about Zeppelin being more rewarding for Jimmy these days. Robert has used this control to veto the 20th anniversary single of "Stairway to Heaven" and the use of any Zeppelin material in the film Dazed and Confused.

I would like to know how Jimmy Page, and JPJ feel about this? And Robert being so close to Bonzo, you would think maybe his son could have persuaded him a bit? Perhaps he tried? But I would really like to know what Jimmy feels and is saying. Perhaps he is too old to pull it off. To really go out there and effectively play Led Zeppelin material? I think he could do it for two hours. Not for three and a half like back in the seventies. Iim still disappointed. And I have the right to be. I am as much a fan as the next guy. And I am not just a casual fan. I am a huge fan of Led Zeppelin and always will be. I am hoping this is perhaps a phase Robert is going through. But I know deep down it isnt. He is done. It is never going to happen. It sucks for us. It sucks for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason. B) But no Electro, I am not going to trash Robert. Its his decision. and it may be the smart one. But you cant blame Zeppelin fans for wanting to see Zeppelin one last time now can you? Or would you string us up by our nuts?

I see a difference between wanting something and feeling like you're entitled to have it. We'd all like Led Zeppelin to get back out there and do something, but I'm of the mind that a.) it's not going to happen and b.) I have no right to expect/demand it or otherwise feel like it's a personal slight if they don't.

It's their lives, not mine. They can live it the way they want.

Edited by Electrophile

http://www.iem.ac.ru...cs/IFMTL-2.html

Plant sold his rights to the Led Zeppelin material in the early 1980's, although he still maintains 1/3 creative control, but he doesn't get any royalties from the sales of Led Zeppelin albums, hence his comment when being interviewed by Letterman about Zeppelin being more rewarding for Jimmy these days. Robert has used this control to veto the 20th anniversary single of "Stairway to Heaven" and the use of any Zeppelin material in the film Dazed and Confused.

Hmmm...thanks for the info Jahfin!:) I didn't know this till now! Robert's actions seem to make perfect sense to me now :whistling:

http://www.iem.ac.ru/zeppelin/docs/IFMTL-2.html

Uh no. He most certainly does. His royalty sale does not include future releases. A new deal had to be cut so Robert could get a fair share, and Atlantic still be able to hock Led Zeppelin via the "compilation" type releases.

Thanks for putting up this article 'chimp' it sure does look like RP has finally given his adoring fans the answer that they have always dreaded, whatever that answer is it is not definitive as RP always leaves the Backdoor open, he is the epitome of a Backdoor Man in many more ways than one. ;)

Selfish, Big Headed, Spoilt Golden God, oh well it was nice while it lasted, good luck to Him and all that follow in His Selfish Wake.

Regards, littledan

Whereas, you just remain a pratt.

I would like to know how Jimmy Page, and JPJ feel about this? And Robert being so close to Bonzo, you would think maybe his son could have persuaded him a bit? Perhaps he tried? But I would really like to know what Jimmy feels and is saying. Perhaps he is too old to pull it off. To really go out there and effectively play Led Zeppelin material? I think he could do it for two hours. Not for three and a half like back in the seventies. Iim still disappointed. And I have the right to be. I am as much a fan as the next guy. And I am not just a casual fan. I am a huge fan of Led Zeppelin and always will be. I am hoping this is perhaps a phase Robert is going through. But I know deep down it isnt. He is done. It is never going to happen. It sucks for us. It sucks for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason. B) But no Electro, I am not going to trash Robert. Its his decision. and it may be the smart one. But you cant blame Zeppelin fans for wanting to see Zeppelin one last time now can you? Or would you string us up by our nuts?

Jimmy Page in the Times today hints that he would love for Led Zeppelin to reform and go on the road, but he says it's up to the other band members. But he certainly isn't ruling anything out. Maybe he has something in mind that deosn't involve Robert. I would love to see Jimmy and JPJ just perfoming Zeppelin guitar solos.:)

Edited by Magic Fills the Air

Regards, littledan

You just don't get it! What he was saying is, that his action is not selfish, it's a right to have a free will. If you think that is selfish, it's the same as thinking, that a dog is selfish, becasue it doesn't let his tail wag him!! You get it now?????

Hi 'Kiwi_Zep_Fan87'

Condolences, littledan

If Robert's decison to not tour, has such a profound effect on you, then you really need a shrink!! Atleast if Zeppelin cds are not enough to save you, from the boring and painfull live you perhaps live, which makes you live in nostalgia and desperately wanting a tour of a band, which has a deceased crucial member and a singer, that can not sing like on the early Zep albums and also just does not want to do it!! Do you really want a tour of the band without John Bonham?? Do you really wanna listen to Plant being obviously bored while singing Stairway to heaven?? Yes he likes the song(he likes many a lot more), but he left it so far behind, because the drummer is long gone!!

P.S

Why would he want to destroy the music of Led Zeppelin!?? He never said he doesn't like it and that he is embarrased by it or anything like that!! He is damn proud of it, he just wants to go his own way!! If you want Zep without Bonzo and with an undedicated Plant, you can aswell go see a tribute band!! The band was fired by youth and by Bonzo(to a large degrre)!!

And as you were told he sold his royalties, but he still gets some off the new releases, but he doesn't really care about it much, because he is making money with his solo stuff!!

And you are not funny and the only one who would like to kill him are people like you, who think others are not allowed to have a free will and you would probably force Plant with a gun to go on tour!! And if he wouldn't want to go why not just shoot him, he is useless then right??:rolleyes:

And living loving maid is about people like you, who tell the tales of how it used to be and live in nostalgia, wanting the seventies back!

Hmmm...thanks for the info Jahfin!:) I didn't know this till now! Robert's actions seem to make perfect sense to me now :whistling:

Oh yeah, so you think he doesn't want to play with Zep because he sold his rights!?? He would get millions and millions from the tour and he sold his rights by his own decision and now you think he sort of regrets it and thinks he would go on tour, if he just wouldn't sale the damn rights?? Ridicioulus!!! It's not about money, it's about passion and money, if you understand what i'm saying! And you can whistle as much as you want, but Robert doesn't have to, he can sing to big crouds, it's a lot more exciting, then writing posts about how Zep should return, even if the whole thing would be quite fake!!

Edited by Matjaz1

You just don't get it! What he was saying is, that his action is not selfish, it's a right to have a free will. If you think that is selfish, it's the same as thinking, that a dog is selfish, becasue it doesn't let his tail wag him!! You get it now?????

If Robert's decison to not tour, has such a profound effect on you, then you really need a shrink!! Atleast if Zeppelin cds are not enough to save you, from the boring and painfull live you perhaps live, which makes you live in nostalgia and desperately wanting a tour of a band, which has a deceased crucial member and a singer, that can not sing like on the early Zep albums and also just does not want to do it!! Do you really want a tour of the band without John Bonham?? Do you really wanna listen to Plant being obviously bored while singing Stairway to heaven?? Yes he likes the song(he likes many a lot more), but he left it so far behind, because the drummer is long gone!!

Why would he want to destroy the music of Led Zeppelin!?? He never said he doesn't like it and that he is embarrased by it or anything like that!! He is damn proud of it, he just wants to go his own way!! If you want Zep without Bonzo and with an undedicated Plant, you can aswell go see a tribute band!! The band was fired by youth and by Bonzo(to a large degrre)!!

And as you were told he sold his royalties, but he still gets some off the new releases, but he doesn't really care about it much, because he is making money with his solo stuff!!

And you are not funny and the only one who would like to kill him are people like you, who think others are not allowed to have a free will and you would probably force Plant with a gun to go on tour!! And if he wouldn't want to go why not just shoot him, he is useless then right??:rolleyes:

And living loving maid is about people like you, who tell the tales of how it used to be and live in nostalgia, wanting the seventies back!

Oh yeah, so you think he doesn't want to play with Zep because he sold his rights!?? He would get millions and millions from the tour and he sold his rights by his own decision and now you think he sort of regrets it and thinks he would go on tour, if he just wouldn't sale the damn rights?? Ridicioulus!!! It's not about money, it's about passion and money, if you understand what i'm saying! And you can whistle as much as you want, but Robert doesn't have to, he can sing to big crouds, it's a lot more exciting, then writing posts about how Zep should return, even if the whole thing would be quite fake!!

Why in the world are you trying to pick a fight with me? What did I ever do to you? Jeez! Mate, you need to chill out! This is a forum and not World War II! If you find my opinions dumb and pointless, well, good! Thanks for being one of my very first critics! I am truly honoured!:rolleyes: But please don't make this whole thing so personal and pretty much make this entire forum a really unpleasant place! My thoughts might seem pretty illogical, stupid or selfish to you but I do have my opinions however dumb they might sound to you and I come to post here because its fun, I love the 70s (there is nothing wrong with that by the way!) and I love the music of Led Zep! I am not here to get into a fight, controversy or any other sort of nonsense like that! Maybe I might seem a coward to you but hey...I'm a peace loving person here to have fun and not pick a fight with a complete stranger such as yourself! And its people like you who I pretty much try to avoid because if I start a battle with you about Robert, Led Zep and about the reunion gig...it will pretty much turn out to be quite an ugly and pointless mess for the other posters to see and then out I go! Being the "quality" poster, you seem to be with a logical sense of judgement and beautiful sarcasm to match and judging by your ability to pretty much tear posters like myself to pieces, you most probably won't get banned! :rolleyes: In fact, I guess you might even end up receiving a couple of awards for your most insightful contributions to this forum :rolleyes: and for taking down the silly and insignificant posters like myself (who in your opinion, I guess, deserve to leave forever because of their illogical and selfish ways!) ! But I on the other hand, am quite new here and I pretty much wish to maintain my peace! Thank you! And cheers!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Imagine that.....a 60 year old grown man deciding to not do concerts with a band he was in 40 years ago.

How dare he.

I say we string him up by his nuts and throw rocks at his head.

Well, well, well...your sarcasm never fails to hit us like the sound of a cat trying to claw its way through a chalk board! How fortunate are we to be at the receiving end of your beautiful sarcastic tinge?! :rolleyes:

Well, you and Electrophile here seem to be quite the obvious pair with your attacking and sarcastic nature! Oh goody goody gum drops! Another "quality" poster with sarcasm...just what this forum needs...another specimen trying to create quite a stir...talk about unprovoked combat! Get-off your high horse mate! If you like to quarel so much, go to a pub, drink heavily and beat up someone! Don't wage your battles online! And what exactly do you have against newbies anyhow? Its people like you who will give this forum a bad name! If I get banned for my comments, I don't care...I have been lurking around this forum for quite a while now and I was so hesitant to join thanks to people like you and a couple of other posters whose names I will not mention and I am truly fed up with all this bashing! It seems pretty childish to me! Some like yourself might get a kick out of it but I don't find it amusing at all! :rolleyes:

Edited by Emma Jane

And as for Robert, well, I did feel a bit upset about the whole reunion gig situation but, I am so fed up with him always trying to pour cold water on any reunion plan that I have indeed made peace with the fact that it aint gonna happen and the whole issue of "will he or won't he?" is quite frankly starting to get on my nerves! Led Zep for me exists in the CDs, Vinyl and Mp3 formats and I do agree with Kiwi when she said that atleast the music of Led Zep isn't dead! And thanks to CDs, Mp3s and Vinyl, younger fans like myself can keep re-living the magic time and time again, reunion gig or no reunion gig as it is not going to make a fuckin' difference! :angry:

Edited by Emma Jane

Why in the world are you trying to pick a fight with me? What did I ever do to you? Jeez! Mate, you need to chill out! This is a forum and not World War II! If you find my opinions dumb and pointless, well, good! Thanks for being one of my very first critics! I am truly honoured!:rolleyes: But please don't make this whole thing so personal and pretty much make this entire forum a really unpleasant place! My thoughts might seem pretty illogical, stupid or selfish to you but I do have my opinions however dumb they might sound to you and I come to post here because its fun, I love the 70s (there is nothing wrong with that by the way!) and I love the music of Led Zep! I am not here to get into a fight, controversy or any other sort of nonsense like that! Maybe I might seem a coward to you but hey...I'm a peace loving person here to have fun and not pick a fight with a complete stranger such as yourself! And its people like you who I pretty much try to avoid because if I start a battle with you about Robert, Led Zep and about the reunion gig...it will pretty much turn out to be quite an ugly and pointless mess for the other posters to see and then out I go! Being the "quality" poster, you seem to be with a logical sense of judgement and beautiful sarcasm to match and judging by your ability to pretty much tear posters like myself to pieces, you most probably won't get banned! :rolleyes: In fact, I guess you might even end up receiving a couple of awards for your most insightful contributions to this forum :rolleyes: and for taking down the silly and insignificant posters like myself (who in your opinion, I guess, deserve to leave forever because of their illogical and selfish ways!) ! But I on the other hand, am quite new here and I pretty much wish to maintain my peace! Thank you! And cheers!

I really don't see where i tried to pick a fight with you!! You gave your arguments and i just gave my counter arguments!! It's a discussion, but i won't take it any further, because i'm tired of defending Robert on this site. Some of the words might have been a little sharp and sarcastic, sorry for that my friend! We all love Led Zeppelin on this forum and that's what connects our hearts!!!:friends::hippy: :hippy:

EDIT: I just read my post again and some of my words were a bit inapproprite, so sorry again, but i guess it's mostly because, i defended Robert so much on this forum, that finally i got a bit carried away, because i'm tired of it!! Sorry!!

Edited by Matjaz1

I really don't see where i tried to pick a fight with you!! You gave your arguments and i just gave my counter arguments!! It's a discussion, but i won't take it any further, because i'm tired of defending Robert on this site. Some of the words might have been a little sharp and sarcastic, sorry for that my friend! We all love Led Zeppelin on this forum and that's what connects our hearts!!!:friends::hippy: :hippy:

EDIT: I just read my post again and some of my words were a bit inapproprite, so sorry again, but i guess it's mostly because, i defended Robert so much on this forum, that finally i got a bit carried away, because i'm tired of it!! Sorry!!

Gosh! I'm sorry too! :friends: One of my flaws is the fact that I can be quite sensitive sometimes and I do tend to fly off the handle! I'm so sorry! And I do tend to take these forums pretty seriously at times! I was just a really irate fan bashing Robert a bit and I feel really bad about that now...its just that I am 22 years old and I got into Zep at the age 12 and I (I am not kidding about this!) will even give up a year of my life to see those blokes live! And I'm sure you will too! B) Anyway, you're absolutely right...its our love for Led Zep which connects our hearts! Really awesome thought by the way! :you_rock: And you really rock for defending Robert like that! Cheers to that!! :toast: