What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Montreal 6/7/1972. I love the tapers and their accents on this one; "When Whole Lotta Love plays, I wanna see 'em, because I wanna see how he makes that sound!"

Who would have thought that 40 years later, we'd still be listening to these guys talk. Probably creep them out if they knew!

Edited by Feline Overlord

Copenhagen, 23 July 1979. Great show and great recording. I like the warm-up shows better than the Knebworth gigs. I'm not sure of the venue size, but the smaller audience than Knebworth makes for a more intimate show.

In general, I like the concept of the 79-80 shows better than the execution; shorter, tighter arrangements of older songs. Unfortunately, the new material just doesn't work well in a live setting. Had they gone into the 1980's, I could easily see an additional bass/guitar player added to the live lineup to fill in the sound a bit, especially with the keyboard heavy songs from ITTOD.

Gonzaga '68. Since this is prior to the release of the first album, I'd love to know why the show was recorded and what the audience thought.

I'd only heard the old Capricorn release before now, and the newer one is much better; still overloaded when the volume goes up, but the quieter portions are quite good and clear.