What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Chicago 06 April 1977. Sloppy second show of the '77 tour. The band hasn't really worked out the arrangements for the new songs yet.

Do people throw fireworks at concerts anymore? I can't think of any I've been too where the audience was as chaotic as they are in this show.

New York City 07 June 1977. I have the audience tape, apparently there is a soundboard out there.

On edit: I do have the soundboard. Totally different experience. The chaos of the audience is lost while the performance itself shines through. I wouldn't mind a matrix of this one.

Edited by Feline Overlord

New York City 07 June 1977. I have the audience tape, apparently there is a soundboard out there.

On edit: I do have the soundboard. Totally different experience. The chaos of the audience is lost while the performance itself shines through. I wouldn't mind a matrix of this one.

+1!

Achilles' Last Stand 1977/04/28. Really a fantastic version.

Listened to the whole show on its 37th anniversary today...goddamn, what an excellent performance. I really do think that, in spite of all the accolades for the New York and L.A. shows, 28/4/77 could very well be the all around best performance of the whole '77 tour.

Bluecongo thought about doing a matrix for that show iirc but the audience source wasn't of a high enough quality.

It's starts out pretty bad, but improves as it goes along. It would be hard to work with.

It would certainly be possible to do a matrix utilizing the SBD and "Rawhide" audience source (that AUD source has good wide stereo sound) though the end result definitely wouldn't be Four Blocks In The Snow type matrix quality. The other 7/6/77 audience tape -the "Artie" source- isn't worth the fucking tape it was recorded on IMO, it's worthy only for the dope smoking lesson during "No Quarter" :lol:

^ nutrocker thanks for the Four Blocks in the Snow tip! I just listened to No Quarter .....GREAT!!!

There are SBD/AUD 'matrix' recordings...then there's Four Blocks In The Snow. It just happened that Bluecongo had the 12/2/75 SBD as well as a stellar audience recording to work with in that case. That, folks, is what a SBD/AUD matrix of, say, 21/6/77 or 23/6/77 would sound like. Better than an official live album (which the audience recordings already are IMO). I've heard SBD/AUD matrices of 31/5/73, 28/2/75, 19/3/75, and 26/5/77 and though I appreciate the amount of work that goes into synching up soundboard and audience tapes (and those particular matrices are pretty damn sloppy in places, falling out of synch and whatnot) and nothing comes close to Bluecongo's work on that 12/2/75 show. No, it's probably not the greatest performance of the '75 tour -Robert's voice pretty much rules that out- but it is probably the best sounding recording we've got...

Listened to the whole show on its 37th anniversary today...goddamn, what an excellent performance. I really do think that, in spite of all the accolades for the New York and L.A. shows, 28/4/77 could very well be the all around best performance of the whole '77 tour.

It would certainly be possible to do a matrix utilizing the SBD and "Rawhide" audience source (that AUD source has good wide stereo sound) though the end result definitely wouldn't be Four Blocks In The Snow type matrix quality. The other 7/6/77 audience tape -the "Artie" source- isn't worth the fucking tape it was recorded on IMO, it's worthy only for the dope smoking lesson during "No Quarter" :lol:

I must have the "Rawhide" source. I played it again last night, and though it had a rough start, was pretty good. The acoustic set came out really nice. Great soundscape; you can hear the band off to the left while the crowd and fireworks are all around. I'll have to find the "Artie" source just to hear No Quarter.