Plant/Krauss news

Aquamarine

Wow! That's interesting. I'll be curious to see what Robert does in 2011. I truly do hope there is another RP/AK album next year. Rolling Stone has Robert touring the US in early 2011, but of course what do they know! :)

Buddy Miller has already confirmed Robert Plant and the Band of Joy are returning to tour the US in "early 2011".

Cool. Thanks, Steve.

Hope they make the stop in Atlanta this time around.

I know a few places that would be perfect for their sound (The Fox Theatre or The Buckhead Theatre, Chastain Ampitheatre).

R B)

Although their web site doesn't seem to have heard about it yet, the Plant/Krauss Facebook page is announcing "Something BIG is coming in 2011!!!"

I don't want to start any rumor...but could it mean that Alison could possibly join Robert's Band of Joy on their 2011 U.S. tour?

I wonder what is the status of Robert's collaboration with Daniel Lanois...

I believe I remember hearing that he recorded some stuff (possibly a double album's worth of material) with him a year or so ago in the midst of recording with Buddy and company.

R B)

I wonder what is the status of Robert's collaboration with Daniel Lanois...

I believe I remember hearing that he recorded some stuff (possibly a double album's worth of material) with him a year or so ago in the midst of recording with Buddy and company.

R B)

Dunno but I would LOVE to hear it. Lanois is fantastic and I would imagine the collaboration pretty cool, to say the least.

Well, now their (not her) site says "A New Site is Coming soon for Alison Krauss and Union Station Featuring Jerry Douglas".

Make what you will of all this.

Sounds like the long awaited AK / Union Station album, that has been in the works for over a year, may be near release. They do plan to follow the new album with a tour.

"...I cut a few tracks with him about eight to 10 months ago and we got a couple rockers. They're just sitting in the closet 'cause we don't know what we're going to do with them. It was meant to be a Plant and Krauss record and Alison got sick. So Robert then knocked out a few that were flat-out rockers that were pretty great. If that music ever comes out, we can readjust that mythology a little bit".

-- Daniel Lanois

http://www.chartatta...is-is-his-crazy

Edited by SteveAJones

"...I cut a few tracks with him about eight to 10 months ago and we got a couple rockers. They're just sitting in the closet 'cause we don't know what we're going to do with them. It was meant to be a Plant and Krauss record and Alison got sick. So Robert then knocked out a few that were flat-out rockers that were pretty great. If that music ever comes out, we can readjust that mythology a little bit".

-- Daniel Lanois

http://www.chartatta...is-is-his-crazy

Very cool. Thanks, Steve. :)

Maybe, they'll show up in some form in the future (whether as bonus tracks on a compilation or as part of a future release).

Hope it is a full album collaboration with Daniel.

This is one of my dream collaborations (on a long wish list for Robert and Daniel to work together).

Hope it sees the light of day.

R B)

Seems like I read an article on this board recently that stated Plant intends to continue to work with the members of the Band of Joy beyond this current tour and album and that he and Buddy Miller have already worked on some new, original material. I'd post the actual article but I've been unable to find it.

• 4 months later...

The new Steve Earle album (I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive due out April 26th), produced by T Bone Burnett, includes a song called "Heaven or Hell" that was originally intended to be included on the follow up to Raising Sand but as we all know, the sessions for that album didn't work out. Evidently Earle has cut it as a duet with his wife Allison Moorer for his new record.

Plant/Krauss? No thanks. I'd rather hear some new Band Of Joy material.

I would certainly a welcome a new Plant/Krauss record but I am glad that you recognize the difference between the two. Goes to show you've actually listened when others (that obviously haven't) think they're interchangeable albums stylistically.

I would certainly a welcome a new Plant/Krauss record but I am glad that you recognize the difference between the two. Goes to show you've actually listened when others (that obviously haven't) think they're interchangeable albums stylistically.

There's quite a difference to say the least. Band Of Joy is more stylistically diverse and definitely has more of an "upbeat" feel to most of it. But I also love the darkness of the Low covers as well. A couple of the songs wouldn't be that much out of place on Fate Of Nations.

Live, this band is absolutely smoking. A must see/hear.

I personally find Raising Sand a bit too subdued and folky, but that's just me. :)