Jimmy Page Safe Sex 1986

Black-Dog

Check this out. B)

Where is that from and what is the exact date and who is Jimmy playing with? Sounds like it's from a club.

This probably doesn't deserve a thread of its' own and belong here in "Led Zeppelin and Related" in the Master Forum.

Where is that from and what is the exact date and who is Jimmy playing with? Sounds like it's from a club.

This probably doesn't deserve a thread of its' own and belong here in "Led Zeppelin and Related" in the Master Forum.

Live at Heartbreak Hotel, Ibiza, San Antonio, Spain - August 4, 1986

Yes, it is Jason Bonham on drums.

Mike Thompson on vocals

Dennis De Basse on base.

Live at Heartbreak Hotel, Ibiza, San Antonio, Spain - August 4, 1986

Yes, it is Jason Bonham on drums.

Mike Thompson on vocals

Dennis De Basse on base.

I show August 4, 1985 as Jimmy was on holiday with Chris Squire and Jason was in Ibiza to record tracks for Virginia Wolf's debut album.

Billed as Safe Sex, Page jams with Phil Carson (bass), Mick Thompson (vocals) and Jason Bonham at a local club, the Heartbreak Hotel.

On August 28, 1985 Jimmy performed at the Sun Power Festival in Ibiza with Jason (drums), Squire (bass), and Mick Thompson (vocals); 50 minute blues jam.

I show August 4, 1985 as Jimmy was on holiday with Chris Squire and Jason was in Ibiza to record tracks for Virginia Wolf's debut album.

Billed as Safe Sex, Page jams with Phil Carson (bass), Mick Thompson (vocals) and Jason Bonham at a local club, the Heartbreak Hotel.

On August 28, 1985 Jimmy performed at the Sun Power Festival in Ibiza with Jason (drums), Squire (bass), and Mick Thompson (vocals); 50 minute blues jam.

Are you sure of that year Steve? It's for sure Aug 4. The sites I went to for the info all show 1986 as the year. And Phil Carson played on the bass for Lucille while Dennis played the rest of the set list. Hmmm....sounds like an entry for the Mystery thread that may require furthur investigation.

Are you sure of that year Steve? It's for sure Aug 4. The sites I went to for the info all show 1986 as the year. And Phil Carson played on the bass for Lucille while Dennis played the rest of the set list. Hmmm....sounds like an entry for the Mystery thread that may require furthur investigation.

I'm not 100% certain, hence "I show" but the October 1985 issue of Popular 1 (a Spanish music magazine) ran a cover story and news item reporting Page & Squire jammed in Ibiza. I'm unaware of any Ibiza-related press coverage for Jimmy or Jason in 1986. I suppose it's plausible Jimmy & Jason went to Ibiza in '85 (Sun Power Festival) & '86 (this jam). Phil Carson got Virginia Wolf (Jason on drums) their record deal and may have been there on holiday and/or to see how the debut album sessions were coming along in August 1985. Carson owned Heartbreak Hotel.

Found this link (which I'd forgotten about):

http://www.stryder.de/SafeSex.html

Guy who did the promotional poster correctly recalls Robert having been to Ibiza in '85 for a video shoot and said this was the next summer. If correct then '86 it is.

I'll need to reconfirm the date of that Spanish music magazine and the Sun Power Festival. Several months ago Jason was sent a photo I'd posted of Jason & Jimmy backstage at the Sun Power Festival and Jason said it was taken in "1986". It's been nearly impossible to find 100% confirmation of the exact dates (tickets, posters, or press).

Careful, it's apparently just that sort of helpful suggestion that's enough to set Leddy off. You've been warned...

Friend of mine was on holiday in the Island at the time and pulled one off the wall for me. The autograph was done at a famous London studio.

That was good of him, have ripped a few off myself :) (posters that is, not that one)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

I went to the Heartbreak Hotel to see this, it was the day after my birthday and it was definitely 1986. Not sure if this was ever answered, I have just come across this forum. I too ripped a poster down, but it got lost in a house move years later.

I went to the Heartbreak Hotel to see this, it was the day after my birthday and it was definitely 1986. Not sure if this was ever answered, I have just come across this forum. I too ripped a poster down, but it got lost in a house move years later.

Well, the evidence is mounting it was August 4, 1986, not 1985. For myself, I just need to reconfirm the date of that Spanish magazine I mentioned in post #8 of this thread and barring any discrepancy with that I'll be all in for this having occurred in 1986.

Archived