2011 NCAA BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT

BUCK'EYE' DOC

I have been waiting for someone else to start this topic, but decided to take the initiative myself as the tournament has now begun and nothing has been posted yet.

What are your predictions?

It goes without saying that I am cheering for Ohio State.

This year's team is the best that I have seen in recent times. I think that they have what it takes to go all the way. A few years ago, Ohio State went to the final two and lost to Florida, the same year that they lost the football National Championship game to Florida. I hope that being the tournament's number one seed does not jinx them this year.

Anything can happen in the last seconds of any game, so luck has a bit role to play in determining the winners. It is tough to predict what may happen in this tournament. A very good team may lose due to the opposing team's last second buzzer beater three point basket from mid-court. In alot of games, the winner is not determined until the last second has ticked off the clock.

By the way, I am tired of Charles Barkley's dissing of Ohio State.

Good Luck to everyone's teams.

Thanks BuckEyeDoc; so I'll cheer for Clemson, Florida State and Duke (lol ebk! :) ) Surprised there's no UNC, but I haven't been following this season and don't know their record.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see Richmond and ODU (Old Dominion University) so I will cheer for them too (in state!) :)

Buckeye, come on now, OSU should be dissed with the way they have handled the whole football saga that's been going on.

With that said, I do think it will be an OSU v. Kansas final. Barkley just likes to run his mouth - as he has for almost 30 years now!

I am rooting for Syracuse - GO ORANGE!

Buckeye, come on now, OSU should be dissed with the way they have handled the whole football saga that's been going on.

With that said, I do think it will be an OSU v. Kansas final. Barkley just likes to run his mouth - as he has for almost 30 years now!

I agree with you, Walter, about the football saga.

Syracuse has a good basketball team this year, as usual.

My daughter is a Syracuse grad and I live in SU country. Go ORANGE!!!!!!

UNC are the #2 seed in the East!Go Heels!

While I do want my Tar-Heels to do well, it would actually be better for us to only make it to the Sweet Sixteen or even go 2 & Out. My reason for this is if we do well in the tournament, then Barnes, Henson, and probably a few others will leave for the NBA. However, if we don't to well in the tourney then everyone will come back for another year to improve their respective draft stocks. North Carolina has no Seniors in its starting 5, and is already one of the best teams in the nation. If we get everyone back next year then we will be absolutely nasty, and will have a pretty good shot at winning the NCAA Tournament. As opposed to this year where we are a 2 seed in the toughest region in the entire tournament and the #1 seed in our region is the overall top seed in the tournament.

UNC are the #2 seed in the East!Go Heels!

Well Rorer our basketball teams may be on a collision course as well. Very good chance of a Syracuse and NC battle in round three? Our local sports writer says he does not think we will beat Carolina but could. Looking at what happens, all things are possible lets face it. Pittsburgh is done and I am shocked on that one. I want Syracuse as my daughter and late uncle are grads. But the Sabres mean far more to me.

Man, things have been so hectic that my mind has been elsewhere...for the first time in YEARS I didn't fill out a bracket. Just don't follow the college basketball season like I used to do. All I know is that the PAC 10 was down this year.

I was hoping Belmont and Gonzaga would go farther (further?) than they did. And while I usually don't root for Duke, after what Jalen Rose said in that self-aggrandizing Fab Five film, I will cheer for Duke to squash Michigan today.

Well, it looks like SU got another case of the stupid! I mean 17 turnovers?!

:boohoo:

Oh well. That is why I prefer hockey and football. I only cheer for SU because my daughter went there and its the home team. i watched a few minutes. Not impressed. Kills me to see Boeheims wife. Gee. I wonder what she is doing with him? Could it be the money? ha. She is sooooo out of his league

Way to go, VCU!

What a Cinderella story!

Who would have guessed that the final four would be Butler, VCU, Kentucky and UConn?

Certainly not me. I thought Ohio State would be the end of my beloved Wildcats. i never dreamed I would be packing for Houston this week. Not with this year's line-up of freshman. Wonders never cease.

Archived