New Girl, New Fan

Texas Melanie

Hey everyone.

I just want to introduce myself. My name is Melanie and I have not been a fan of Zeppelin for very long but that doesn't change the fact that I am now obsessed. I have listened to them from time to time in my life but never actively. The first time I really took notice of them was when I watched their story on the Biography Channel. I was very impressed by their choice not to continue with the band without John Bonham. Of course, I then bought every album, one by one, and took in each, digested every note and fell in love.

To me, they represent the very best in music as they were(are still are) very talented and quite intelligent and innovative in their approach to sound. I am looking forward to visiting this site and learning more about this crazy ass band!

Thanks for your time,

A crazy ass fan in Texas

P.S. I have to admit that I do have a strong pull towards Jimmy Page but don't hold that against me.tongue.gif

Hey everyone.

I just want to introduce myself. My name is Melanie and I have not been a fan of Zeppelin for very long but that doesn't change the fact that I am now obsessed. I have listened to them from time to time in my life but never actively. The first time I really took notice of them was when I watched their story on the Biography Channel. I was very impressed by their choice not to continue with the band without John Bonham. Of course, I then bought every album, one by one, and took in each, digested every note and fell in love.

To me, they represent the very best in music as they were(are still are) very talented and quite intelligent and innovative in their approach to sound. I am looking forward to visiting this site and learning more about this crazy ass band!

Thanks for your time,

A crazy ass fan in Texas

P.S. I have to admit that I do have a strong pull towards Jimmy Page but don't hold that against me.tongue.gif

A crazy ass fan? Oh, you'll fit right in around here. I'm seated next to the naked Indian in the third row. Nice to meet you.

waynesworld.jpg

Hey everyone.

Thanks for your time,

A crazy ass fan in Texas

Welcome Melanie! Where are you in Texas?? I'm in houston.

Welcome to the forum. It's nice to see more girls on the forum. I too haven't been a fan of Zeppelin for a long time. Maybe about 1-2 years & I have met some amazing people throughout my "Zeppelin journey". :D

Also nice to meet a Texan. I am an Okie. :)

Hello up there Led Zep Girl! So you're the reason why I had to choose another display name ;). Hi CustardPie87...I'm a newbie as well, and the only girl I know who loves Zep; so it's good to find some "sistas" :) here!

Hi Melaine! :wave:

Welcome to the forum! :D I've been a member here for almost a year (a couple of days short of 11 months, to be precise) and this forum is very addictive! :lol:

Judging by your post, you certainly seem to have a sense of fun! I like that! B)

Anyway, nice to meet you and hope to see you around here quite often! :)

Cheers! :D

Kiwi

P.S

I do believe in the saying "What Men Can Do, Women Can Most Certainly Do Better!" :P

Hi MissMelanie! :wave:

Welcome to the greatest music site for the greatest band ever. :)

I have to disagree about the women vs. girls comment though.

Oh sure, I'm way old enough to be called a woman, but..................

I'll always think of myself as a Jimmy girl! :D

Have fun here and hope I will see you around the boards.

.............................:) missy

Welcome, MissMelanie.

I, too, live in the Great State of Texas. I was born in Galveston (a long time ago) and now live in Plano, Texas. I also lived in Houston about 6 - 7 years ago and was a TSA airport screener at Houston's Hobby Airport.

As you have recently found out, Led Zeppelin is the Greatest Band of All-Time. If you want to learn more about Led Zeppelin you have found the best place. Not to brag but check out a topic I started in the Led Zeppelin Master Forum titled: Led Zeppelin and Related on YouTube. It has been one of the most popular topics in the Master Forum. Lots of great songs, videos, interviews, etc... Thanks to the hundreds of LZ fans that have contributed.

Again, welcome!!!

P.S. I am a straight Male and I have to admit that I have a strong pull towards Jimmy Page too. My pull is more about His excellent Guitar-playing, Song-writing, Masterful production, etc...

Welcome, MissMelanie.

I, too, live in the Great State of Texas. I was born in Galveston (a long time ago) and now live in Plano, Texas. I also lived in Houston about 6 - 7 years ago and was a TSA airport screener at Houston's Hobby Airport.

As you have recently found out, Led Zeppelin is the Greatest Band of All-Time. If you want to learn more about Led Zeppelin you have found the best place. Not to brag but check out a topic I started in the Led Zeppelin Master Forum titled: Led Zeppelin and Related on YouTube. It has been one of the most popular topics in the Master Forum. Lots of great songs, videos, interviews, etc... Thanks to the hundreds of LZ fans that have contributed.

Again, welcome!!!

P.S. I am a straight Male and I have to admit that I have a strong pull towards Jimmy Page too. My pull is more about His excellent Guitar-playing, Song-writing, Masterful production, etc...

Hey Izzoso, we have something in common besides our love for Zep; I was born in Galveston (also a long time ago :) ).

Thanks Kiwi, Missy,Laura and Izzoso!!

Being from Texas is pretty cool because now matter where you go in the world, everyone knows where you are from when you say Texas. Or just start to speak.

Oh Izzoso, you know you like to look at pics of Jimmy. I bet your favorites are the ones he is wearing his pink crushed velvet pants paired with a nice scarf or when he when he wore the crotched tank with his red patent leathered heeled shoes on the Tous en Scene show. tongue.gif He did make a very pretty girl.

Well, what do you know...seek and you shall find. I guess you don't have to respond to my earlier pm to you today, Melanie. Purely by accident, I clicked on the Meet and Greet section here, and you know what they say, "when in Rome...".

So roam I did, and that's how I discovered your thread here, which answers some of the questions I had. Anyway, let me add my welcome to the others here...and I hope you enjoy your time here. As for discovering Led Zeppelin the way you did, better late than never. And I don't blame you for leaning towards Jimmy...he was an ethereal, pretty presence back then. Plays a mean guitar, too.

Hmmm, I never posted an introductory "hello" post myself...maybe that's why my friend box is so anemic compared to others that have been here as long as me.

Or maybe people just don't like me. :lol:

Archived