John Paul Jones performing with Seasick Steve

sam_webmaster

That's really awesome Knebby. I'm sure it was a phenomenal show :)

It was great because you can't help but love Steve and Dan his fantastic drummer, and Jonesy really looked loosened up and like he was having FUN. My favourite thing he's done since Zeppelin to be honest x

It was great because you can't help but love Steve and Dan his fantastic drummer, and Jonesy really looked loosened up and like he was having FUN. My favourite thing he's done since Zeppelin to be honest x

Glad you had a great time Knebby. I do hope they eventually come to this area. I would love to see them :peace:

Glad you had a great time Knebby. I do hope they eventually come to this area. I would love to see them :peace:

+1

Steve, Jonesy and the boys need to come play at a Florida beach somewhere! ;)

A fantastic show at The Ritz in Manchester tonight, Such a good fun show from start to finish and as Knebby says JPJ is all loosened up and seems to really enjoy these shows, and why not?

A fantastic show at The Ritz in Manchester tonight, Such a good fun show from start to finish and as Knebby says JPJ is all loosened up and seems to really enjoy these shows, and why not?

I absolutely love JPJ and it's so great to hear that he's out there working with musicians like Seasick Steve and Dan and really enjoying what he's doing. Thanks for sharing :)

A huge thank you to all who have contributed to this thread. Agreed that the pure joy on JPJ's face just adds to my appreciation/enjoyment of their collaboration.

He's only become famous in the last 6 years or so. And way more so in Europe than the States.

My British friends were absolutely dumbfounded that I hadn't heard of him prior to moving to Europe and learning of his first project with Jonesy. He really does have massive fans of all ages over here.

This just goes to show, that as much as you may think you know about music(and with all humbleness, I think my tastes and knowledge run pretty far-and-wide...more than the average music fan), what you actually know doesn't amount to more than a drop in the bucket. There is so much out there, waiting to be discovered, that anybody who sits there today and says music is boring or that there are no good bands anymore, just hasn't looked hard enough.

Beautifully stated. Seasick Steve is just one great example of someone who's stayed in the music business (in many capacities), has always had confidence and perseverance in doing what he loves, and is finally getting the recognition he deserves. Yet another reason I'm lucky to be a Zeppelin fan - discovering these wonderful artists that I may not have (at least for a while) heard of otherwise.

Archived