St. Louis, MO Arena April 15,1977

DavidZoso

First of all I want to thank Sam our webmaster for hosting and posting these rare unseen pics in the timeline and I also want to thank the photographer-Mark Rudolph for sharing these amazing pics from a show that I had only seen the one pic (violin bow solo) This show hasn't surafaced on audio or video but there are several fan reviews in the timeline section and they all agree there was no encore. Anyway I think these are some of the best '77 pics to surface so far. Enjoy.

Setlist:

The Song Remains the Same

Sick Again

Nobody's Fault but Mine

In My Time of Dying

Since I've been Loving you

No Quarter

Ten Years Gone

The Battle of Evermore

Going to California

Black Country Woman

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

White Summer

Black Mountainside

Kashmir

Over the Top/Moby Dick

Guitar solo/ Violin bow solo

Achilles Last Stand

Stairway to Heaven

No encores---

Crowd before show.

stlouis77_3.jpg

Crowd before show with homemade banner.

stlouis77_2.jpg

Before the show-I have always thought this stage for the 1977 tour was very well designed-nice and uncluttered-monitors hanging from above.

stlouis77_1.jpg

No Quarter

stlouis77_5.jpg

No Quarter

stlouis77_4.jpg

Ten Years Gone

stlouis77_6.jpg

Ten Years Gone

stlouis77_7.jpg

The Battle of Evermore

stlouis77_9.jpg

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

stlouis77_8.jpg

Moby Dick

stlouis77_10.jpg

Moby Dick

stlouis77_11.jpg

Violin Bow solo

Jimmystlouis77.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

stlouis77_12.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

stlouis77_13.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

stlouis77_14.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

stlouis77_13.jpg

ASTONISHING! LOVE the crowd and stage shots BEFORE the show. Yes, the '77 staging was very clean compared to the early 70's. And notice how Jimmy's white satin suit doesn't have the poppies and dragons yet.

Hey, and look at that guy taking photos from the front of the stage in the picture above....anybody have any idea WHO THAT GUY IS? A pro? Amateur? Just think of the photos he got that night!

ASTONISHING! LOVE the crowd and stage shots BEFORE the show. Yes, the '77 staging was very clean compared to the early 70's. And notice how Jimmy's white satin suit doesn't have the poppies and dragons yet.

Hey, and look at that guy taking photos from the front of the stage in the picture above....anybody have any idea WHO THAT GUY IS? A pro? Amateur? Just think of the photos he got that night!

The full white dragon suit-the pants and top didn't make it's debut until the first Cinncinatti show on 4-19-77. He only had the whte dragon top up until then with plain white pants. Then for the rest of the tour it was full white dragon attire except in New York 6-14 and San Diego 6-19 he wore the plain white bottoms again. Then in Largo 5-28 , Los Angeles 6-22, Oakland 7-23-he wore the black dragon suit. Tempe 7-20 he wore the black dragon pants with a plain black t-shirt and a white scarf and finally in Oakland 7-24 he wore white pants,black t-shirt, black butterfly jacket and the tall leather boots. Also there was the show in Chicago 4-10 where he wore what every one calls the stormtrooper outfit but I disagree with that -I think it is more in league with the world war 1 and 2 aviator outfits like on the Led Zep 2 album cover as I have looked at actually stormtrooper pics and that doesn't match that outfit he wore at all.

• 1 month later...

The controversy that surrounds the 15 April 1977 St.Louis show of why there were no encores can be put to rest with this explanation. People seem to forget a major fact when this St. Louis show comes up for discussion. As I was a little blurry eyed I was in no way intoxicated from the consumption of alcohol, I witnessed this show sitting 14 row, Sec. B, Seat 2. and I am still able to recall many of the events of this night. I have herd over and over that Jimmy Page was hit by a fan based object, a Frisbee being mentioned as the culprit most often and as a result got pissed and cut the show short. What people seemed to have forgotten about this show in St. Louis is one important fact that may lend some clarification to what I believe is the answer. The answer may lie in the fact that the band was over two hours late in starting the show that night. Yes, two hours late... remember now? ... At 14 row I have no recollection of anything hitting the stage let alone anything Hitting Jimmy Page, I saw no Frisbee hit Page. Certainly this inequity in their schedule was why the show was cut short and why they failed to return back to the stage for encores. This is my story and I'm sticking to it. I don't know the recipe, I'm just sayin'... And by the way, Zeppelin kicked it hard that night, an excellent show to say the least.

• 3 months later...

Excellent pix, as always...it just occured to me that I have a pair of burgundy cords not dissimilar to JPJ's ('cept the bells aren't quite as big)

Two hours late getting underway...IIRC shitty weather caused a bad flight from Chicago, yeah?

• 10 months later...

And thanks for more pics of this show as well Sam. :D

Songs being played in the above songs ^^^^^^^This page

Pic 2 - The Battle of Evermore- Jonesy didn't add the three-neck acoustic till the start of the 2nd leg in Birmingham , Al 5-18-77

Pic 3- White Summer~Black Mountainside

Pic 4- The Battle of Evermore

Pic 5- The Song Remains the Same

Pic 6- Stairway to Heaven

Pic 7- Kashmir

Pic 8- Kashmir or Stairway to Heaven

Pic 9- Stairway to Heaven

• 1 month later...

I was at this show and I was lucky enough to get tickets...I have never been so excited to see a show and so dissapointed after. The band was 2 hours late...They got on and the crowd was very forgiving...their sound was not good....they played a very looong acoustic and people wanted to hear the real shit....and I never heard about the frisbee incident...that may be ....I just thought that the sound wasn't very good...and people booed and Plant told them to shut the fuck up.....they played a shitty version of Stairway and left. a 45 min show or so after waiting my whole life to see them. It sucked.

Archived