Musical Movies

Virginia

Hi all,

Alright girlfriend! :P

The Wizard of Oz.

Singing in the Rain. You must check this out!Funny as all get-out and worth watching just to see Kelly,O'Conner dance.

All that Jazz.Fosse's semi-autobiography.Stunning!

KB

Absolutely dance too! :):thumbsup:

Singing in the Rain. You must check this out!Funny as all get-out and worth watching just to see Kelly,O'Conner dance.

KB

Gotta agree with you there for Singing In the Rain. Have the movie poster on my wall in the tv room. When my daughter was in high school, her drama class did SITR for the spring production. They did an awsome job and the director fixed it so it actually rained on stage during the Gene Kelly's wet street scene.

I also enjoy Oklahoma too.

Barbara Stanwyck and Rita Hayworth are two beautiful ladies who possess more talent and sex appeal and allure than all the blank no-talents of today like Megan Fox, Blake Lively and Jessica Alba put together.

First clip is of Barbara Stanwyck and John Bonham's idol Gene Krupa doing "Drum Boogie" from Howard Hawks 1941 comedy classic, "Ball of Fire", also starring Gary Cooper. Watch the WHOLE clip...just when you think the song is over, Barbara and Gene come back for an amazing finish with Krupa playing matchsticks!

The second clip should need no introduction, as it is one of the all-time classic moments in film history...Rita Hayworth "Put the Blame on Mame" from the classic 1946 film noir "Gilda", directed by Charles Vidor and starring Glenn Ford and Rita Hayworth. ENJOY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHGbaTocCFc

A timely topic!

Just got back from seeing Company. Filmed with the NY Philharmonic, starring Neil Patrick Harris, Stephen Colbert, Jon Cryer, Martha Plimpton, Patti LuPone, Christina Hendricks, and a bunch of great people. Totally wonderful!!! Can't wait for the CD/DVD to be released!

Gotta agree on most of what's listed already. I love that All That Jazz made it on the first page! :)

I love musicals...

These next clips are no-brainers...classic musical moments in every sense of the word! And anyone who posts clips from the execrable Burton-Depp remake is going to get a spanking.

And finally, the cast of Jersey Shore...

If you're talking strictly "musicals", then I've never much cared for them but I do love this one:

OMG!! I remember watching this movie. Hilarious watching Lee and Clint sing their hearts out. Great one.

Barbara Stanwyck and Rita Hayworth are two beautiful ladies who possess more talent and sex appeal and allure than all the blank no-talents of today like Megan Fox, Blake Lively and Jessica Alba put together.

First clip is of Barbara Stanwyck and John Bonham's idol Gene Krupa doing "Drum Boogie" from Howard Hawks 1941 comedy classic, "Ball of Fire", also starring Gary Cooper. Watch the WHOLE clip...just when you think the song is over, Barbara and Gene come back for an amazing finish with Krupa playing matchsticks!

Love the matchsticks. :D

Another classic...'Moanin' Low'

Not a big fan of musicals but there are some very good ones. My favourites are The Wizard Of Oz, Singin' In The Rain, Beauty And The Beast, Chicago, Hair, Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Moulin Rouge! and perhaps few more.

Archived