America

lzzoso

Here is a fireworks for your enjoyment. There is a burn ban in this part of the country because of the draught, so individuals are not allowed to set off any kind of fireworks, including sparklers. Too bad because I love to set them off and run like hell. At New Year's, I accidently set small patches of grass on fire. laugh.gif

http://youtu.be/UzL4L_FpLvE

EDIT: I typed "draught" instead of "drought". I must have beer on the brain. laugh.gifbeer.gif

toast.gificecream.gifHappy 4th! elvis2.gifsuntan.gif

Ah yes, the Fourth of July. The day when normally restrained and sedate people get drunk and play with small explosives. Try not to blow off any body parts, or set anyone's house on fire, or cause wildfires to start in drought-stricken locales, please.

For those that don't act like drunken monkeys let loose at the zoo, Happy Independence Day. May your charcoal briquettes (for which my great-uncle held one of the original patents) never grow cold.

Happy Independence Day to all my US brothers and sisters on the forum.

And to all the others across the globe, cheers to you as you watch us explode fireworks over our cities. :toast:

Wishing all who are celebrating a safe and happy Fourth. This is always a family day for us; we're looking forward to an extended family picnic, visiting and relaxing; and fireworks later.

Happy Birthday America!!!

I love you and I hope we can pull ourselves out of the funk we are currently in.

On a lighter note, Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis was born today. I believe it was around the same year as our declaration.

HAPPY 235th BIRTHDAY UNITED STATES of AMERICA! Glad I'm an American. What a great country!

Just hope too many people don't get stupid today with the partying and fireworks.

Not a better marriage than fireworks and alcohol! :wacko::drunk::nuke:

Hi all,

HAPPY 235th BIRTHDAY UNITED STATES of AMERICA! Glad I'm an America. What a great country!

Just hope too many people don't get stupid today with the partying and fireworks.

Not better marriage than fireworks and alcohol! :wacko::drunk::nuke:

Well said SuperDave! :you_rock:

KB

We had to drug our dog, because he's so afraid of the fireworks. Two happy pills later, he's sleeping soundly downstairs. Fuck if I'm going to listen to him whine and cry and shake like a leaf all because our neighbors are insensitive fuckwits who think setting firecrackers off damn near in our driveway is a good usage of time. We had to take one neighbor to court last year because they set sparklers off in the street and some of the sparks got on my sister's car, parked in our driveway, and damaged the paint job.

Today I will be grilling on the BBQ. My 4th of July menu will be:

Fresh guacamole and homemade chips

cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers on the grill

marinated grilled chicken thighs (marinated over night in a citrus brine solution then slow grilled over hickory)

my special baked beans

grilled corn on the cob

homemade red potato salad

charcoal grilled hamburgers made with expert attention and details, which is what I'm about

(toasted sesame bun, mayo and/or mustard, dill pickles, sliced red onion, shredded lettuce, thick slice tomato, 1/2 pound hamburger patty, sliced medium cheddar cheese, two peices of bacon and lotsof love)

also:

fresh watermelon

strawberry ice cream (from a local independent ice cream shop made specially for me)

fresh lemonade

beer

Damn! I am coming to your house next year. drool.gif

HyPjK.gif

Somebody's doing it wrong (or right, depending upon how you look at it).

I think this might be the cover for the new unreleased songs for the new Pink Floyd album (or whatever it is). The guy with the fire on his back is running toward Roger Waters. Get it? Roger Waters. However, Roger being the egotistical snob that he is, threatens to blackmail this guy before he "Fires" him. Get it? Fires him.

I think this might be the cover for the new unreleased songs for the new Pink Floyd album (or whatever it is). The guy with the fire on his back is running toward Roger Waters. Get it? Roger Waters. However, Roger being the egotistical snob that he is, threatens to blackmail this guy before he "Fires" him. Get it? Fires him.

Its fake anyway lzzoso, Photoshoped, there is no smoke trail behind the burning male, and i would think it would make a good cover for a Deep Purple Album if they hadnt already done one. ;)

Regards, Danny

Archived