Led Zeppelin songs that transport you to the 70's

ledzepfilm

Whenever I hear a track from Presence, live or not, it makes me feel like I'm in the late 70's for some reason. Do you guys have any songs that make you feel like this?

I am transported back to the 1970s every time that I hear MMH. Things sure were a lot easier back then but that's only natural since I was just pushing 17 by the end of the decade. But thinking back, what a great decade that was!

"All of My Love" was on the radio constantly it seemed in '79, so the synth riff in particular does take me back. ITTOD was the first album of Zep's that I was really aware of. I had only listened to Top 40 radio when I was a little kid, so I vaguely knew of "Dancing Days" "Trampled Underfoot" and "D'yer Maker," but didn't follow heavy rock (except for the kiddie version of it, KISS). "Whole Lotta Love," as I've mentioned before, scared the bejesus outta me when I was a child. The whirling, screamy bit in the middle sounded like the gates o' hell. I grew out of such reactions, thankfully.

But most LZ songs do not have a strong link to certain time periods for me, since I learned of them years after their release/initial popularity.

All Zeppelin songs do that for me. It makes me feel 29 again.

Whenever I hear a track from Presence, live or not, it makes me feel like I'm in the late 70's for some reason. Do you guys have any songs that make you feel like this?

Most of their songs make me think of that time period. Even though I was not yet born in the 70's, one song that makes me feel the 70's vibe has always been "Kashmir." I can't explain why but I always imagine it being 1975 and going out to buy "Physical Graffiti" from the local record store. I wish I could have been around to do that kind of thing.

All of them for me too but I wil add this...

Misty Mountain Hop takes me one step further...

...and thats throwing frisbee in the park on a warm summer day with a few friends and a twelve pack of beer in a cooler.

Every time I hear that song thats what I think of. It brings me back to those carefree days.

I'd probably have to think about "ITTOD" as that was the time when just after it's release that I started getting into Led Zeppelin. I knew Stairway and WLL, but it was In The Evening that really got me into the band and it was an incredible joyride after this that gathered so much steam and escalated and took me to a place I didn't think I'd ever go to and is still going in full stride... :thumbsup:

Grundy_skating_high_speed_340.jpg

Listening to "What Is and What Should Never Be" on my brother's 8-track of Led Zeppelin II on the way to school back in the 70s always made me think legendary downhill speed skater Guy Grundy, particularly the last section of the song.

Got to be Good Times Bad Times. This was the first ever Zeppelin song i heard. I bought the first album from a record store in Manchester that had listening booths when i was 13 (1974). It changed my music life forever. The guitar solo was just great and i still listen to it today. In fact on it goes as I type! I still have the vinyl. Ahhh the 70's for music - now that was the decade?

Going to california, black dog, the rover, night flight, how many more times, that's the way... I was born 20 years after 1970, but it's strange the fact that when I hear those songs, suddenly images of my house in the seventies come to my mind. I have an old house which is still decorated with furniture and stuff of those years. I've lived there only a few time every year, but in that time my parents played the old vinyls and cassetes; I've been told about that. I link the music with an hypotetic decade of that house, and also the city... it's like if I were being transported to my own and ficticious seventies produced by a mix of vintage atmosphere, old photos, music and tales of the past.

• 2 weeks later...

Any song that last more than 6-7 min in the album version or, say, 10 min in concert (usually) and that is very famous, like Stairway th Heaven or Dazed and Confused, and even more those with extensive battery solo like Moby Dick because you don't hear that very obften in the 80's, 90's 00's...

Archived