In Through The Out Door

:lol:

That was very funny, but you make a good point. I believe that without Jimmy's constant attention and perfectionist ways, things did fall apart in the studio. Bonzo was going through a tough time I have heard, and well, Jimmy was just not well. Imagine if you will a Beatles studio session where everything was left up to Yoko...

sorry, that was a bad joke too.

John Lennon was barely involved with the recording of The Beatles final album Abbey Road & the album hardly suffered as a result. George Harrisson stepped up & delivered 2 of his greatest songs which featured this crazy new instrument called a keyboard. Insane I know!

Keyboard meaning moog synthesizerin this case

Well I suggest that if you believe that "lose the attitude, sonny" does not demonstrate some attitude of it's own, then maybe your definition of "attitude" is different than mine... sonny mate.

I don't appreciate being called a "fanboi" as you implied (your post was directed squarely at my reply).

However the derogatorism (yes I know it's not a real word, but it should be), was not very subtle and didn't miss.

Yes, I have attitude but it only surfaces when people who think they can get away with cheap shots get called out and can't handle it and the definition is exactly the same as yours.

I am not a FANatic of anything.

The reason ITTOD has shortcomings (if any at all), was because of Jimmy's and Bonzo's heroin and alcohol problems.

Just because they didn't always record together or were involved in the production at the same time means nothing usually but in this instance only proves that drugs are not conducive to creativity.

You should be grateful they even released it otherwise their output would have been lessened and all the poorer for it not to have been.

Whether they would have remained together is questionable as back then there were very few bands that lasted more than 10 years in their original form or actually broke up for one reason or another.

The sad thing is that Bonzo is gone and Jimmy has seemingly never gotten over it on a musical level and it shows by his limited output post Led Zeppelin.

Then as it was and again as it is, there's always talk of new music and still none has materialised, yet.

Maybe in other words ITTOD was a pile of tush, compared any previous album: FACT.

Sorry dude .... that's your opinion...

It's not my favorite Zeppelin album either, but I know plenty of people,

my older brother for one, that it is their favorite.

Maybe in other words ITTOD was a pile of tush, compared any previous album: FACT.

Fact: the truth or actual existance of something, as opposed to the supposition of something or belief about something

Fact: you're speaking in absolutes in regards to your opinion through the misuse of words

I happen to love ITTOD and think it's one of their best albums. Not THE best, but one of the best. You can't turn something subjective (as in, whether an album is good or not) into something objective. It doesn't work that way. You can not like it, that's your right. Doesn't mean the fact you don't like it means it's not a good album. It just means you don't like it.

How can anyone in their right mind say that ITTOD is better than anyone of LZ's previous albums? :faint1:

Because people all have different opinions, none of which are right or wrong. You may disagree with them but that doesn't make their opinion any less valid.

How can anyone in their right mind say that ITTOD is better than anyone of LZ's previous albums? :faint1:

......because taste is subjective and what one person likes someone else may not? This isn't rocket science, here. I happen to love ITTOD, the same as I love Presence. Both albums are considered "inferior" compared to earlier releases, but I disagree.

It's a big world out there, sparkles. You're going to be sorely disappointed if you think everyone is going to agree with you all the time about everything.

So can you all name a previous album that is better than ITTOD and why?

Yes. Physical Graffiti. Why is it better? More rock punch, whereas ITTOD is more laid back for the most part. That doesn't mean ITTOD sucks in comparison. It means both are good, but in different ways. They both bring different things to the table for fans to enjoy. ITTOD is more emotional, PG is more visceral. PG is more Plant/Page, ITTOD is more Jonesy.

I think it's better than LZIII. I never cared for that record. I think it's better than HOTH. I think it's marginally better than Presence. I don't think it's better than LZ 1, 2, or IV, or Physical Graffiti. If I had to rank their albums according to how well I liked the albums, it would go thusly:

1. PG

2. LZ IV

3. LZ I

4. LZ II

5. ITTOD

6. Presence

7. HOTH

8. LZ III

9. Coda

So according to my own personal opinion, which is in no way fact, it's right in the middle of their total recorded output. Not the best, but not the worst. Imagine that.

So can you all name a previous album that is better than ITTOD and why?

Can you say why you don't like ITTOD in specifics that would lead to a conclusion that it is "a pile of tush" compared to previous Zeppelin albums & have it accepted as "fact" by the world community at large? Start with the comparison to Presence if you will....

Yes. Physical Graffiti. Why is it better? More rock punch, whereas ITTOD is more laid back for the most part. That doesn't mean ITTOD sucks in comparison. It means both are good, but in different ways. They both bring different things to the table for fans to enjoy. ITTOD is more emotional, PG is more visceral. PG is more Plant/Page, ITTOD is more Jonesy.

Give me the number to your dealer ASAP.

No. But I can name a few that I like better.

I like Wish You Were Here much better than The Wall too.

Lot's of people like The Wall ....

I hate The Wall. There's probably 6 songs on the whole thing I can stand to listen to. IMO, WYWH is eons and eons better than The Wall.

I love ITTOD, but I don't like Presence which is my least favourite album, and I can explain why: Led Zep are a heavy band, but in this album, I consider that their heaviness is not controlled, not mastered, as it is on Physical Grafftti, especially on side 2.In other words, Presence is too loud for me, on this album the balance between softness and heaviness is not as good as it is on albums such as ITTOD or Physical Grafftti.

So, you think a person would have to be on drugs to think ITTOD is a good album? Do us all a favor and the next time you have a thought - let it go.

How about no and to the person above if JPJ was allowed to produce more songs LZ would have died out by 1972. Pagey > Jonesy as a producer.

Archived