Earls Court, May 24 and 25, 1975

Seattle Kingdome, July 17th, 1977

Knebworth Festival, August 4th and 11th, 1979

Rumored/uncirculating:

Bath Festival, June 28th, 1970

Earls Court, May 17, 18, and 23rd, 1975

Pontiac Silverdome, April 30th 1977

Capital Centere, May 26th 1977

Knebworth Rehearsals, July 1979 (includes Bonham explaining how to fold a T-shirt)

Zurich, June 29th, 1980

Circulating:

TV:

Danmarks Radio, March 17, 1969

Supershow, March 25th, 1969

Tour Le Scene June 19, 1969

Shows:

Royal Albert Hall, January 9th, 1970

Madison Square Garden, July 27th - 29th, 1973

Earls Court, May 24 and 25, 1975

Seattle Kingdome, July 17th, 1977

Knebworth Festival, August 4th and 11th, 1979

Rumored/uncirculating:

Bath Festival, June 28th, 1970

Earls Court, May 17, 18, and 23rd, 1975

Pontiac Silverdome, April 30th 1977

Capital Centere, May 26th 1977

Knebworth Rehearsals, July 1979 (includes Bonham explaining how to fold a T-shirt)

Zurich, June 29th, 1980

Under "Rumored/uncirculating", you're missing Central Park, July 21, 1969.

Which probably doesn't exist and not proshot.

Which does exist, there's evidence. Ask anyone on RO and they'll say it exists and a clear explanation of the evidence. And it's impossible to know if it was proshot or not anyway unless you actually saw the film.

Why didn't they release this concert seperately or on Led Zep DVD?

And does anyone know why the video quality of the Knebworth shows is so low?

Because there aren't any multi-track recordings. But the main reason is that it is a pretty subpar show.

Why didn't they release this concert seperately or on Led Zep DVD?

And does anyone know why the video quality of the Knebworth shows is so low?

Because it's a high gen bootleg. The higher the gen, the lower the quality. And besides, you can't expect the best out of a bootleg.Very low gen sources exist on bootlegs for Knebworth.

Never knew Zurich was supposedly pro shot. Also, isn't it the May 30th '77 show that is rumuored? Not the 26th?

It's rumored that one black and white camera filmed the show.

I'm not sure but I think all of the Landovers were filmed. I could be wrong.

Also, for rumored/uncirculating:

Houston Summit, May 21st, 1977

Because there aren't any multi-track recordings. But the main reason is that it is a pretty subpar show.

What do you mean in multi-track recordings?

Because it's a high gen bootleg. The higher the gen, the lower the quality. And besides, you can't expect the best out of a bootleg.Very low gen sources exist on bootlegs for Knebworth.

What is a "gen"?

Further speculation and rumor/uncirculated shows:

There's a post of this forum with a link to a comments page for fans of the Man Pop Fest in Canada 1970. On the comments page,one person who attended the show comments that there were video cameras visible throughout the show. She wondered whatever became of the film.

A "Paul C" who worked for the band states that he recorded this show ( on audio) and still has the tapes.

What do you mean in multi-track recordings?

Seattle may have been professionally FILMED, but the audio was not professionally recorded. The concerts used in the Led Zeppelin "DVD" were all professional, multitrack recordings- as in Eddie Kramer or some other recording engineer recorded them probably on a 'mobile' 8 or 16 track recorder, like any official live album. Even the circulating recordings of the Seattle '77 show that claim to be 'soundboard' (as in a stereo or mono cassette or reel to reel recorder hooked up to the soundboard at the venue) aren't really soundboard recordings- merely copies of the the audio from the umpteen million circulating Seattle '77 videos- which, again, vary in video and audio quality depending on the generation of video (when Seattle first started circulating it was a very high gen copy; over the years lower gen copies have made their way through the collectors/bootleggers circles).

When compiling the DVD back in '03 Page was only looking to use the highest quality stuff. Seattle '77 doesn't qualify mainly for three reasons: 1. no high quality video existed at that time (and arguably still doesn't) 2. no multitrack recordings of the gig were made 3. Seattle was a very sloppy, mediocre performance for the most part, even by 1977 standards. Any of the other supposed pro shot 1977 videos (Pontiac/Detroit; Landover; Houston- only Pontiac was CONFIRMED to be pro-shot...no video cameras can be detected in any of the available photos of the Landover or Houston gigs) would be disqualified for the same reasons, only difference being any of those were better shows than Seattle, performance wise.

I still can't understand what is "generation" of a bootleg.

It's when it's been copied. If someone has a first generation, it's the original recording. When that's copied that version is referred to as second generation. If someone makes a copy of that version it's a third generation and so on.

Thanks, I think I got it.

But anyway, what do you guys mean in "multitrack"? And could explain me what do soundboard and bootleg have in common? Sorry, I'm a newbie in bootlegs.

A MULTITRACK recording is done using something like a professional 16 track recorder...all the instruments and vocals are miked (separately from the venue P.A.) and recorded onto the separate tracks for proper mixing (i.e. the bass drum is one track, snare on another, overhead drum mikes are on a couple more, etc, with other instruments also recorded on their own tracks). This is how they recorded the music for The Song Remains The Same live album and film, for example.

A SOUNDBOARD recording is made by hooking a mono (single track) or stereo (2 track) cassette or reel to reel recorder directly up to the soundboard (P.A. Mixer) at the venue during the concert. There is no real way to 'mix' these kinds of recordings. This is of course completely different to an AUDIENCE recording, which is more or less a guy at the concert recording right from his seat on any kind of cassette recorder, ranging from a dictaphone to professional reel to reel, literally holding microphones up in the air to record the sound (in the case of Led Zeppelin, as discreetly as possible to avoid being spotted by Richard Cole and his goons LOL). IMO if you just want to hear the musicians themselves in perfect clarity -sometimes too perfect; you hear all the mistakes in all their glory-with no audience interference soundboard tapes are the way to go. If you want more of a sense of the event itself, like I do, audience tapes are yer best bet. Hell, some audience recordings such as Mike Millard's L.A. 1975 or 1977 tapes sound as good as any official live album you'll ever hear.

A BOOTLEG is any kind of recording not officially released by the band themselves, concerts or studio outtakes. In the case of concerts, bootlegs can be either soundboard or audience recordings. It's actually a term that has fallen out of vogue among collectors, especially in this day and age, because the implication with 'bootlegs' is that the recording has been sold (to be 'produced' by the bootleg company) and in turn you have to buy them, more often than not for ridiculously high prices. In 2012 there is no need to buy concert recordings when they are available online for free.

Hopefully these definitions clarify things for ya...

Edited by Nutrocker

It's rumored that one black and white camera filmed the show.

I'm not sure but I think all of the Landovers were filmed. I could be wrong.

Also, for rumored/uncirculating:

Houston Summit, May 21st, 1977

You can scratch Houston off the list, a poster on here who goes by the username of 'The Rover' was at that show and he said there were no video screens or cameras. Although it could have been filmed with a camera from the boxes.