The Great Dinner Invite Thread

The_Minxter

If you were having a dinner...who would you invite?

Has to be at least 5 people, dead. alive, fiction or non-fiction people

To get things started mine are: Elizabeth the 1st, Albert Pierrepoint, Robert Plant, Edmund Blackadder (from the 2nd series) and maybe Michael Palin

I would have invited Dick Turpin but he'd probably steal the silverware :lol:

Dinner with at least 5 others...hmmm...cool question

-Jimmy Page (of course I would want the other 3 fellas and Peter Grant too but for fun I will pick others)

-Lena Zavaroni

-Larry David

-Robert DeNiro

-Terry Fox

-Susan Sarandon

-Sheryl Crow

-Julia Louis-Dreyfus

Wow this is a mind blower. Fun indeed. Dead or alive? Well Jesus is the first on my list but if he does not count lets go with Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Page, Vivian Leigh, Thomas Edison, John F Kennedy, and if I had an alternate Jack the Ripper so I could know who he was.

What was I thinking. Replace old blue eyes with Pacino. Keep Jesus, Vivian Leigh, Thomas Edison, JFK and toss Jack the Ripper.

Jane Austen, JK Rowling, Stevie Nicks, Michelangelo, and a French philosopher (can't decide which one).

Waiting list: a modern/lyrical dance choreographer (can't decide here either but I have a few favorites).

Edited by Virginia

I thought this would be a hot thread. Great question,. Get Sherly Crow off that list please. She is a poor excuse for a human beiing. With the options of even the long dead I cant believe I do not find someone like William Shakespeare or Albert Einstein on here. Jesus would be far and away my first choice. JFK, Thomas Edison, Jack the Ripper(simply to solve the crime), Alexander the Great and Cleopatra.

Sherlock Holmes

Hercule Poirot

Nero Wolfe

Columbo

Miss Marple

Rather than just Dinner I would make it a Mystery Weekend, the Mystery would be...

The Babushka Lady

blmuchmore-tm.jpg?w=287&h=200

During the analysis of the film footage of the assasination of John F. Kennedy in 1963, a mysterious woman was spotted. She was wearing a brown overcoat and a scarf on her head (the scarf is the reason for her name as she wore it in a similar style to Russian grandmothers – also called babushkas). The woman appeared to be holding something in front of her face which is believed to be a camera. She appears in many photos of the scene. Even after the shooting when most people had fled the area, she remained in place and continued to film. Shortly after she is seen moving away to the East up Elm Street. The FBI publically requested that the woman come forward and give them the footage she shot but she never did.

In 1970 a woman called Beverly Oliver came forward and claimed to be the Babushka Woman, though her story contains many inconsistencies. She is generally regarded as a fraud. To this day, no one knows who the Babushka Woman is or what she was doing there. More unusual is her refusal to come forward to offer her evidence.

Sherlock Holmes

Hercule Poirot

Nero Wolfe

Columbo

Miss Marple

Rather than just Dinner I would make it a Mystery Weekend, the Mystery would be...

The Babushka Lady

During the analysis of the film footage of the assasination of John F. Kennedy in 1963, a mysterious woman was spotted. She was wearing a brown overcoat and a scarf on her head (the scarf is the reason for her name as she wore it in a similar style to Russian grandmothers – also called babushkas). The woman appeared to be holding something in front of her face which is believed to be a camera. She appears in many photos of the scene. Even after the shooting when most people had fled the area, she remained in place and continued to film. Shortly after she is seen moving away to the East up Elm Street. The FBI publically requested that the woman come forward and give them the footage she shot but she never did.

In 1970 a woman called Beverly Oliver came forward and claimed to be the Babushka Woman, though her story contains many inconsistencies. She is generally regarded as a fraud. To this day, no one knows who the Babushka Woman is or what she was doing there. More unusual is her refusal to come forward to offer her evidence.

thanks for sharing this info. I have never known of this but it is very interesting and intriguing. Adds even more to that unfortunate day...cheers

Sherlock Holmes

Hercule Poirot

Nero Wolfe

Columbo

Miss Marple

The Babushka Lady

Well, considering it happened nearly 50 years ago, I'd say Babushka woman is dead by now.

Well, considering it happened nearly 50 years ago, I'd say Babushka woman is dead by now.

Don't start getting pedantic with me 'Strider'.. :buttsmack: I wasn't asking 'Babushka' to dinner, only Fictional Detectives...

Who is to say she is no longer with us anyway? Even if she were about 30 at the time she would only be 80 now...

At least 'fishhead' found the artical interesting... so :P