Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
HotDogAudrey

Talked to Audrey Hamilton today......

Recommended Posts

On 2/23/2017 at 6:10 PM, jasonlovesvids said:

I'm sorry but this is a load of crap.  I was around in the 70's.

I guess that would depend on ones experiences. Your's were obviously different but you have no right to discount the experiences of others just as they have no right to discount yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2017 at 5:56 PM, jasonlovesvids said:

I agree - they could have stayed faithful.  If they wanted to screw every slut while out on the road then they could have divorced and just been a free agent.  Of course Jimmy wasn't married but had a child with a lady so he was committing to her on some level.

i was sorta surprised to hear how much Aubrey got around.  She isn't mentioned much with the other groupies like Sweet Connie, Pamela, etc.  I've never read anything about her so to hear she travelled with the Stones, Kiss, etc. surprised me but maybe it shouldn't have.

Robert was as much of a dog as anyone but seems to at least these days to respect the ladies that were in his life back then, like Michelle Overman (see her on YouTube).  But he still can't commit- he was crazy about Patty Griffin for a few years but must have grew tired cause he up and left her, saying he wanted to go home and hang out at the corner pub.... and she is a fabulous lady (trust me).  So he'll probably grow old alone and that is sad.  

Speaking of Maureen - RP had a baby with her sister, Shirley,  jeez how low class is that to screw your ex sister in law.  That is some low crap.  And who is surprised RP or JP didn't have any children with any of these road girls?  I am.

 

I agree completely with the last part regarding the weird love triangle and how that shit just ain't right. Robert's damn lucky he did not wind up like John Wayne Bobbitt.

Regarding your first paragraph however I have to disagree. I believe most people when ultra-successful become ego-centric dicks to a certain degree, especially when it comes to indulging in life's varied pleasures. Of course they could have been faithful and acted like the boy's from Rush while on the road but Geddy, Alex, & Neal are the exception, not the rule. Damn, the bible belt, conservative christian country stars of the 60's & 70's were getting more road tail then the rockers were. I am sure there was a bit of a quid pro quo between these successful musicians and their wives...as long the the guys brought home lots and lots of bacon, and they kept their dalliances on the  down low, all was good to go. I am not saying every musicians marriage is structured like this but most, yes. I know this for fact because I am the friend of a very famous guitarists ex-wife. I will not name names as I respect the man and his ex-wife, and he is currently still recording and touring in both a popular 70's era band and with his own group. The bottom line is most of these musicians wives knew exactly what was going on, all they typically asked of their famous men is that they did not flaunt their encounters and to keep that shit out of the press at all costs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is true. Ace frehley does have a second daughter. If you read Wendy Moore's book about her relationship with ace, called Into The Void, she tells a story about how one night Ace was on the phone to the mother of this second daughter. After the phone conversation, Wendy asked ace who that was on the phone and ace replied that it was the mother of ace's other daughter, called Lindsay. The mother was wanting more money off ace. Ace then told Wendy that this subject was never to be brought up again. Wendy then felt so sorry for this girl who's father wanted nothing to do with her.

Edited by RobBanks
Spelling mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RobBanks said:

It is true. Ace frehley does have a second daughter. If you read Wendy Moore's book about her relationship with ace, called Into The Void, she tells a story about how one night Ace was on the phone to the mother of this second daughter. After the phone conversation, Wendy asked ace who that was on the phone and ace replied that it was the mother of ace's other daughter, called Lindsay. The mother was wanting more money off ace. Ace then told Wendy that this subject was never to be brought up again. Wendy then felt so sorry for this girl who's father wanted nothing to do with her.

Just curious but, is there anyone from KISS who is not a complete piece of shit???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2017 at 2:28 PM, IpMan said:

I agree completely with the last part regarding the weird love triangle and how that shit just ain't right. Robert's damn lucky he did not wind up like John Wayne Bobbitt.

Robert's was romantically involved with both sisters prior to marrying one, so I don't see continuation after divorce being a big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Robert's was romantically involved with both sisters prior to marrying one, so I don't see continuation after divorce being a big deal.

To each their own I guess, but as he has children with BOTH sisters it should make for interesting family holidays. Especially since you have cousin-brothers & sisters. That is some serious back woods West Virginny level shit right there. Obviously, Robert would have made one hell of a Mormon.

Edited by IpMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I think of Zeppelin I think of a super talented band which happens to get far too crazy when they are on the road but at the end of the day basically created the rock genre.  When I think of Kiss I think of Pabst Blue Ribbon, carnies on blow, derivative lyrics, and bad choices...pretty much says it all!  When I think of Ace Frehley...I probably should stop here I am getting a bit too mean to the kiss fan out there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darth Hoek said:

When I think of Zeppelin I think of a super talented band which happens to get far too crazy when they are on the road but at the end of the day basically created the rock genre.  When I think of Kiss I think of Pabst Blue Ribbon, carnies on blow, derivative lyrics, and bad choices...pretty much says it all!  When I think of Ace Frehley...I probably should stop here I am getting a bit too mean to the kiss fan out there!

:hysterical:

That is funny as hell and well put. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was hard for people to figure it out, when contraception and medications against sexual diseases came around and women started to have

jobs and the whole idea of single parent being able to raise the child came around.

 

Led Zeppelin were well functioning at the start, it's unbelievable that Jimmy Page was a full scale genius visionare for the whole band at 24, even if I don't like him using terms like superstars, amazing and great too much and that he knew exactly what to do to be heard, but I guess he had to be like that to do things right.

 

So they took those girls and I heard most of the time they were nice to them. These days it's back to sharing your life with someone and getting attached to one person, which I guess was always part of the human spirit(maybe being together for the whole life is a bit too society influenced for hereditary reasons, maybe Jones knows, hope not heh) and couple helping each other more. And I guess there is no time for more then one person really! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2017 at 11:50 PM, IpMan said:

Just curious but, is there anyone from KISS who is not a complete piece of shit???

HA!! Shitty people putting out shitty music!

Regarding the Robert - Maureen - Shirley love triangle, I believe Robert was with Shirley first. Then he got Maureen pregnant and married her, so going back to Shirley years after divorcing Maureen isn't so out of reach. I've seen photos of all of the kids together with Robert, so I don't know how much bad blood / resentment there is. People are different regarding openness and tolerance levels, so you can't really judge someone else's relationships by your own standards. And time is a great healer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EaglesOfOneNest said:

HA!! Shitty people putting out shitty music!

Regarding the Robert - Maureen - Shirley love triangle, I believe Robert was with Shirley first. Then he got Maureen pregnant and married her, so going back to Shirley years after divorcing Maureen isn't so out of reach. I've seen photos of all of the kids together with Robert, so I don't know how much bad blood / resentment there is. People are different regarding openness and tolerance levels, so you can't really judge someone else's relationships by your own standards. And time is a great healer. 

This is al true, no doubt, however, the cynic in me believes if old Robert were a steelworker from Pittsburgh, on a limited budget, things would not be quite so hunky dory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2017 at 4:01 PM, SamoKodela said:

(maybe being together for the whole life is a bit too society influenced for hereditary reasons)

Whole life used to be a whole lot shorter...life expectancy for US male in 1900 was 46.3, woman 48.3. Even lower in many other countries. You'd marry, raise your children to adulthood and die soon after.

 

Edited by SteveAJones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Whole life used to be a whole lot shorter...life expectancy for US male in 1900 was 46.3, woman 48.3. Even lower in many other countries. You'd marry, raise your children to adulthood and die soon after.

 

I just mentioned hereditary and financial reasons as strong, sometimes too strong motivators. Not too say money isn't important, it's just hard to get when you can't  communicate your ideas and can't sell anything to anybody.

I was trying to say that a good relationship should be the main reason and things mentioned above in this post are motivators that should not be too strong, other I mentioned above mostly work against it, while a natural tendeny might be staying together a few years until society and culture started to develope deeper reasons.

Edited by SamoKodela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2018 at 9:59 PM, IpMan said:

This is al true, no doubt, however, the cynic in me believes if old Robert were a steelworker from Pittsburgh, on a limited budget, things would not be quite so hunky dory.

Probably true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2018 at 3:30 AM, SteveAJones said:

Whole life used to be a whole lot shorter...life expectancy for US male in 1900 was 46.3, woman 48.3. Even lower in many other countries. You'd marry, raise your children to adulthood and die soon after.

 

Not quite. You see, that number is a mean average which included all age groups including infants. As infant mortality was very high at the turn of the century, this brought the average down as a result. The average age for those who lived past 12 years old was around 66 for men and 69 for women.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IpMan said:

Not quite. You see, that number is a mean average which included all age groups including infants. As infant mortality was very high at the turn of the century, this brought the average down as a result. The average age for those who lived past 12 years old was around 66 for men and 69 for women.

I never knew that. Nice bit-o-knowledge there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I never knew that. Nice bit-o-knowledge there.

Neither did I until I learned it in a college anthropology class. Even through HS what Steve quoted was taught as truth so it is not his fault. American education system for ya but this bit of info is always thrown around due to what is taught in schools. Before the industrial revolution the average lifespan of an adult male was around 42 because infant mortality was around 60+%. So, if you take out death rates, infant - 12 years, we get back to the true average of around 67 years old which was a very constant number for centuries until advances in medical science. 

As long as a person made it past 12 they were good to go as the majority of deaths were due to childhood illness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did hear/read in a few places (and wife confirmed) that ancient man - the number one cause of death? Their teeth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mom (Melodie bell, since passed away) recalls being at a private party at Trax in NYC during April of 77 I believe, ...found a post she had written. Seems to acknowledge that Audrey and Robert were not on the best of terms that night as Robert wouldn’t let her in despite her emotional outbursts. My mom was a very pretty, red headed astrologist and Robert took a liking to both she and her cute as hell BFF Chris. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are quite a few problems with Audrey Hamilton’s story, as told in the opening post “interview” in this thread.

One, Plant wasn’t in Dallas “for weeks before the tour”, as she says about how she met him. The 1977 US tour was marred by many mishaps before and all through the entire tour. It was almost a disaster, and it sure ended like one. The tour was supposed to start in Ft. Worth the end of February, but Plant got laryngitis and the opening was postponed until the first of April in Dallas. That might have been when Audrey hooked up with the roadies, perhaps in late February, but it is unlikely she met Page and Plant then. The idea that LZ would hang around Dallas for those weeks while Plant recovered from laryngitis is ludicrous, they would have gone to NYC or back to the UK most likely, or who knows to a beach somewhere for all we know.  (When LZ was on tour in the US, they didn’t change hotels every night or two; after most shows in smaller cities, they’d hop right onto their plane the Starship and fly back each night to NYC or LA (mostly) and thus they could stay in one hotel for quite a while.) That simply is not how she met him, “weeks before” the tour.

Second, LZ took breaks for themselves in their scheduled shows during tours. They would take 2 weeks, or even a month at a time and fly back to the UK or for vacations during their tours. Check the original 1977 tour dates and the revised actual tour dates (google it). There are gaps of several weeks a couple of times. Funny how Audrey Hamilton doesn’t recall these. Where was she then? If she was with Robert Plant all through the tour, why doesn’t she remember his absence?

 Third, she’s probably quite right that JPJ disliked her intensely as she was screwing several roadies before she ever met Plant, and Page (let’s not forget she was with him, too), this according to accounts of several who were there; it was only later she was with Page as well as Plant. JPJ was a family man who seemingly never got into the tour life like the others; he didn’t care much for groupies, to put it mildly, so he probably didn’t like her. Hate is a strong word, and JPJ was a gentle man, but I am sure he disliked her a lot.

Plant wasn’t in love with Audrey as she claims, she was just another groupie to him, fun for a while but that’s all she ever was. He was married to Maureen then, and at that point he was still pretty happy with his wife, and he worshipped his kids. Perhaps Audrey fell for Plant and rather invented some great love story, which existed only in her own mind. Plant had lots of groupies, she just was one of many.

Also, recall this tour ended abruptly with Karac Plant’s sudden death on July 26 when the band was in New Orleans getting ready for shows there. Plant likely forgot Audrey like she never existed. He was destroyed over the loss of his son. I doubt he gave her another thought. He was severely depressed for a very long time. In fact, in recent interviews, he says he still misses his son to this day and talks to him a lot. He doesn’t mention Audrey Hamilton, or truly acknowledge her much when questioned about her.

So of course she was, as she puts it, “sent home”; in reality, she found herself alone in New Orleans and had to find her own way home; there was not anyone there to “send” her home.

Were Audrey and Plant ever in touch after their short time together? Who knows, but I doubt it. It amounted to weeks that they were “together”, and accounts by some others on that tour say she was with Page during that time too. I don’t think she was much of a blip on Plant’s radar. Others there during the tour say Plant and Audrey fought and didn’t get along all that well because she was prone to a lot of drama and “childish outbursts”. She claims she has “some of his rings”. I have my doubts, he loved his jewelry; if she has any rings at all it would be something he bought for her.

Finally, Plant says the song “Hot Dog” was a tribute to Texas and the state of mind of the people in Texas. He says it was definitely NOT about any one woman. I think Audrey Hamilton has romanticized her groupie days, which evidently included quite a few other bands according to research I did, and she came up with a great love story with Robert Plant which in reality exists only in her head. I’m sure she’s a nice enough person, but the fact is her “facts” from that “interview” at the beginning of this thread back in 2012 just do not line up with the actual facts of the 1977 LZ tour. This argues against her great love affair and her being with Led Zeppelin and Plant for the entire 1977 tour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 12:17 PM, Built4hurricanes said:

There are quite a few problems with Audrey Hamilton’s story, as told in the opening post “interview” in this thread.

One, Plant wasn’t in Dallas “for weeks before the tour”, as she says about how she met him. The 1977 US tour was marred by many mishaps before and all through the entire tour. It was almost a disaster, and it sure ended like one. The tour was supposed to start in Ft. Worth the end of February, but Plant got laryngitis and the opening was postponed until the first of April in Dallas. That might have been when Audrey hooked up with the roadies, perhaps in late February, but it is unlikely she met Page and Plant then. The idea that LZ would hang around Dallas for those weeks while Plant recovered from laryngitis is ludicrous, they would have gone to NYC or back to the UK most likely, or who knows to a beach somewhere for all we know.  (When LZ was on tour in the US, they didn’t change hotels every night or two; after most shows in smaller cities, they’d hop right onto their plane the Starship and fly back each night to NYC or LA (mostly) and thus they could stay in one hotel for quite a while.) That simply is not how she met him, “weeks before” the tour.

Second, LZ took breaks for themselves in their scheduled shows during tours. They would take 2 weeks, or even a month at a time and fly back to the UK or for vacations during their tours. Check the original 1977 tour dates and the revised actual tour dates (google it). There are gaps of several weeks a couple of times. Funny how Audrey Hamilton doesn’t recall these. Where was she then? If she was with Robert Plant all through the tour, why doesn’t she remember his absence?

 Third, she’s probably quite right that JPJ disliked her intensely as she was screwing several roadies before she ever met Plant, and Page (let’s not forget she was with him, too), this according to accounts of several who were there; it was only later she was with Page as well as Plant. JPJ was a family man who seemingly never got into the tour life like the others; he didn’t care much for groupies, to put it mildly, so he probably didn’t like her. Hate is a strong word, and JPJ was a gentle man, but I am sure he disliked her a lot.

Plant wasn’t in love with Audrey as she claims, she was just another groupie to him, fun for a while but that’s all she ever was. He was married to Maureen then, and at that point he was still pretty happy with his wife, and he worshipped his kids. Perhaps Audrey fell for Plant and rather invented some great love story, which existed only in her own mind. Plant had lots of groupies, she just was one of many.

Also, recall this tour ended abruptly with Karac Plant’s sudden death on July 26 when the band was in New Orleans getting ready for shows there. Plant likely forgot Audrey like she never existed. He was destroyed over the loss of his son. I doubt he gave her another thought. He was severely depressed for a very long time. In fact, in recent interviews, he says he still misses his son to this day and talks to him a lot. He doesn’t mention Audrey Hamilton, or truly acknowledge her much when questioned about her.

So of course she was, as she puts it, “sent home”; in reality, she found herself alone in New Orleans and had to find her own way home; there was not anyone there to “send” her home.

Were Audrey and Plant ever in touch after their short time together? Who knows, but I doubt it. It amounted to weeks that they were “together”, and accounts by some others on that tour say she was with Page during that time too. I don’t think she was much of a blip on Plant’s radar. Others there during the tour say Plant and Audrey fought and didn’t get along all that well because she was prone to a lot of drama and “childish outbursts”. She claims she has “some of his rings”. I have my doubts, he loved his jewelry; if she has any rings at all it would be something he bought for her.

Finally, Plant says the song “Hot Dog” was a tribute to Texas and the state of mind of the people in Texas. He says it was definitely NOT about any one woman. I think Audrey Hamilton has romanticized her groupie days, which evidently included quite a few other bands according to research I did, and she came up with a great love story with Robert Plant which in reality exists only in her head. I’m sure she’s a nice enough person, but the fact is her “facts” from that “interview” at the beginning of this thread back in 2012 just do not line up with the actual facts of the 1977 LZ tour. This argues against her great love affair and her being with Led Zeppelin and Plant for the entire 1977 tour.

Mayqueen1961@gmail.com

   I tend to agree, not unlike Lori “Lightening” Maddox and her version of her & JP’s “Love affair”. PLEASE! That chick was a 16 year old groupie! Every time I hear her talk about or if I read about her & Jimmy’s “romance” I want to: A.) Laugh & B.) THROW-UP! She makes it sound like the 36 year old Jimmy was a “panting schoolboy!” I don’t buy one iota of the “bullshit” these girls spew!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading Pete Way's book "A Fast Ride Out Of Here"...he writes quite a bit about Audrey Hamilton while being on the road with UFO and Led Zeppelin. According to him Audrey was always the most beautiful girl in a room but notoriously a nightmare when drinking. Says she became so awful Jimmy Page would invite her to fly out then sit back and watch Robert Plant freak out at the sight of her. Pete called her "stark raving mad". I worked for many years at The Whisky a GoGo in Los Angeles and spent some time with Zeppelin at the Hyatt House Hotel, lots of crazy antics by that band! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:17 AM, Built4hurricanes said:

One, Plant wasn’t in Dallas “for weeks before the tour”, as she says about how she met him. The 1977 US tour was marred by many mishaps before and all through the entire tour. It was almost a disaster, and it sure ended like one. The tour was supposed to start in Ft. Worth the end of February, but Plant got laryngitis and the opening was postponed until the first of April in Dallas. That might have been when Audrey hooked up with the roadies, perhaps in late February, but it is unlikely she met Page and Plant then. The idea that LZ would hang around Dallas for those weeks while Plant recovered from laryngitis is ludicrous, they would have gone to NYC or back to the UK most likely, or who knows to a beach somewhere for all we know.  (When LZ was on tour in the US, they didn’t change hotels every night or two; after most shows in smaller cities, they’d hop right onto their plane the Starship and fly back each night to NYC or LA (mostly) and thus they could stay in one hotel for quite a while.) That simply is not how she met him, “weeks before” the tour.

The Fort Worth date was originally scheduled for Feb 27, 1977. It was announced January 25th and postponed February 24th due to Robert having tonsillitis. That postponement decision was undoubtedly made just prior to what would have been their planned departure date from London. I know for a fact Robert was in the UK in Feb '77 because he attended a gig at Wolverhampton Civic Hall that month for Mike Heron's new band and afterward took him on a pub crawl.

I show Led Zeppelin arrived in the states a day or two before three nights of rehearsals at Memorial Auditorium in Dallas (Mar 29, 30, & 31 1977). Audrey's recollection of them having been in Dallas "for weeks before the tour" is in all likelihood those rehearsal dates. Furthermore, I know they used Ceasar's Chariot for the April 1st concert date in Dallas to fly in and back to New Orleans as they were staying at the Royal Orleans hotel. If Audrey did not return to New Orleans with them she most likely rejoined the tour in Oklahoma City on April 3rd and continued on to Chicago. There are those famous photos of her on the plane with Page & Plant, and they were most likely taken immediately before or after the Chicago dates (they would not have been using The Starship in between the Chicago dates). The famous photos of her standing close to Robert outdoors were almost certainly taken near the Ambassador East Hotel in Chicago, possibly at Oak Street Beach which is within walking distance. Saks Fifth Avenue is about eight blocks from the beach.

4fbf31a7226586ab080904e33552e54e--elevator-music-robert-plant.jpg.2118a3e79d7635cde672da11c6276c53.jpg.  

audrey-hamilton-robert-plant2.jpg

bdbb4fc9430083dc38201ca7340011f9.jpg

Edited by SteveAJones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come to think of it, those photos could have also been taken in Lincoln Park or the much smaller Seward Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes down to it. Who cares because that song is terrible and should never been written or placed on an album. Yeah it’s just my opinion but I’m pretty sure 1000s of other people would agree that song is cheese to the max. In through the out door has some serious issues as a record in whole but there is some stellar songs on their : in the evening, All my love, I’m gunna crawl, southbound... & the epic. Hot dog is a filler song and fool in the rain is a joke, yeah I know Bonzo drumming on fool.... is technically hard to do but still a cheesy tune. 

Another thing about this offstage stuff that surrounded Zeppelin is boring and really not worth the trouble reading about because half of it is  over exaggerated. Jimmy page romance with a 16 year old girl is disgusting and arrogant, he would be called a pervert in today’s world, but since he is a guitar God it is something we look past wearily but we do. Same thing about John Bonham and his abusive behavior when drunk, stories of hitting female reporters, attacking a life reporter, drinking so much he would become distraught. This effect was apparent in his looks, remember Bonham was only 32 or when he died, he looked like he was 52 fat bloated and definitely not the best drummer that gave us classics like ALS, When the Levee breaks and many others. The captain of the Zeppelin ship was also lost in the land of  gluttony and the fire was growing dim. Then it was over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...