Jack White Solo Project

Bong-Man

http://www.detroitne...lbum-come-April

January 30, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Jack White debuts solo single today; album to come in April

• By Adam Graham
  • Detroit News Pop Music Writer

Following the White Stripes, the Raconteurs and the Dead Weather, for his next project, Jack White is going to focus on himself.

White is set to release his debut solo album, "Blunderbuss," on April 24, his reps announced Monday. The album's first single, "Love Interruption," premiered Monday on White's website, http://jackwhiteiii.com, and goes on sale digitally at midnight.

"Love Interruption" will hit vinyl on Feb. 7 and will include the non-album B-side "Machine Gun Silhouette."

In a statement, White described "Blunderbuss" as "an album I couldn't have released until now.I've put off making records under my own name for a long time, but these songs feel like they could only be presented under my name.These songs were written from scratch, had nothing to do with anyone or anything else but my own expression, my own colors on my own canvas."

After a four-year hiatus, the White Stripes announced its breakup one year ago this week. White played a round of shows with the Raconteurs last fall, including a date at the inaugural MI Fest; the band hasn't announced any further plans as of this time. The Dead Weather is currently on hiatus.

agraham@detnews.com

• 2 weeks later...

Look at all that Jack White is able to accomplish in just a few short years. All the different bands and other people he produces.

Meanwhile, the wait is still ongoing for Jimmy's new music that he's been talking about since It Might Get Loud.

• 1 month later...

Jack Outside the Box

Jack White Is the Coolest, Weirdest, Savviest Rock Star of Our Time

08white1_span-articleLarge.jpg

Jessica Dimmock/VII, for The New York Times

By JOSH EELLS

Published: April 5, 2012

In an industrial section of south-central Nashville, stuck between a homeless shelter and some railroad tracks, sits a little primary-colored Lego-block of a building with a Tesla tower on top. The inside holds all manner of curiosities and wonders — secret passageways, trompe l’oeil floors, the mounted heads of various exotic ungulates (a bison, a giraffe, a Himalayan tahr) as well as a sign on the wall that says photography is prohibited. This is the home of Third Man Records: the headquarters of Jack White’s various musical enterprises, and the center of his carefully curated world.

Read More

Look at all that Jack White is able to accomplish in just a few short years. All the different bands and other people he produces.

Meanwhile, the wait is still ongoing for Jimmy's new music that he's been talking about since It Might Get Loud.

Definitely. I never would have checked out his music had it not been for IMGL, and I do wish Jimmy had done more along those lines too.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the album, although the first 4 tracks stand out for me. The record starts quite guitar-based but moves into more of an acoustic blues direction. Still good though, and catchy too. Best new release I've heard in a while.

Picked it up over the weekend and it is a great, disc, IMO. I can see it becoming a "Grammy's darling disc", kinda the way the Plant/Krauss disc became.

Great work Jack!!!

:)