• Coverdale and Page
    • Jimmy Page and The Black Crowes-Live at the Greek
    • The Firm
    • The Firm-Mean Business
    • Page and Plant-Unledded
    • Page and Plant-Walking Into Clarksdale
    • Death Wish 2
    • Outrider

Pretty simple question. I could only add 12 options. Session work is not inculded since it's not really his stuff. The Honneydrippers were not either since he was not really an official band member (to my knowledge) but just appeared on 2 studio tracks.

True, very true but I chose it for it's importance.

And may I add that I am happy to see that you two actually can agree on something.

Not confused at you, if I saw it was an option I would have chose it too, confused at it being in the poll and agreed extremely important for Jimmy to have got up and done Arms.

I counted ARMS because you can buy it in CD form even though it's listed as a DVD on jimmypage.com. I questioned wether or not to add it since it wasn't really a Page album but more of a combined effort by a few guys with Page contributing to about a quater of the songs. But it's the closest thing to a solo live album we have and the instrumental version of Stairway to Heaven is freaking amazing. So why not?

Unledded contains my favorite post Zeppelin song from Page with "Wonderful One" but I love "Closer" & "Midnight Moonlight" from The Firm's debut. I voted Live At The Greek though simply because it's Jimmy's best post Zeppelin guitar playing in relation to the material. "Oh Well", "Shapes Of Things", "Out On The Tiles", & "Ten Years Gone" are the true keepers on the album.

I counted ARMS because you can buy it in CD form even though it's listed as a DVD on jimmypage.com. I questioned wether or not to add it since it wasn't really a Page album but more of a combined effort by a few guys with Page contributing to about a quater of the songs. But it's the closest thing to a solo live album we have and the instrumental version of Stairway to Heaven is freaking amazing. So why not?

Thanks, I had no idea the ARMS concerts had ever been released on CD.

51qZLYpVaOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks for that DAS....!!!!

You can buy it here (those interested) http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B001CF694S

or here http://www.silverten...roducts_id=1913

Wow, not one vote for Live Yardbirds Featuring Jimmy Page? Yeah, the quality sucks on it but his playing is INCENDIARY!! His soloing on "You're A Better Man Than I" is outrageous - a sign of what was to come just a few months later.

Well now there is- I just voted for it. I love the Yardbirds & have always loved this album as well. My favorite track is the one you happeed to mention, the "Mister You're a Better Man Than I" going right into " Heart Full of Soul" . ("White Summer" is a close second)/

Well now there is- I just voted for it. I love the Yardbirds & have always loved this album as well. My favorite track is the one you happeed to mention, the "Mister You're a Better Man Than I" going right into " Heart Full of Soul" . ("White Summer" is a close second)/

Well, thank you, Stargroves. I feel a lot better! We do the exact same arrangement in the band I'm in: "Better Man Than I" straight into "Heart Full Of Soul." Gets a hell of a reaction when we play it out.

I cast my vote for the Coverdale Page album. It is unfortunate that it does not get the props it is due. Page's guitar playing is on fire and Coverdale is in fine form. Too bad we never had a chance at hearing a sophomore effort. I wonder if Jimmy got discouraged by the inevitable comparisons to Zeppelin when he was creating new music. Nothing can be compared to Zeppelin and I doubt he wanted it to then or now. Hard to go in new directions with that hanging around your neck.

Yeah, I kinda wonder why he never stuck with anything longer than 2 albums after Zeppelin. I know it wasn't always him (example: Robert Plant didn't want to make a 3rd Page and Plant album even though Page had the music written for it already) but I know he could have atleast made another solo CD. I hope we haven't seen the last of him. I know he and JPJ are into instrumentals. I'd love to have seen them and Jason Bohnam just make an instrumental album after Plant didn't want to tour (under a different name of course).

• 2 years later...

Archived