A Jimmy Page Blog

ZosofanCMR

Hello everyone, I've been a member of this board for a while and its predecessor, though I don't post all that much. I wanted to let everyone know I've started a blog, but this one I think will be unique. I intend to take a journey through the life of Jimmy Page by learning as many songs as I possibly can that he ever recorded. From his skiffle days to Neil Christian, from the session years to the Yardbirds, from Led Zeppelin and beyond.

This is going to be a loooooong process of course but I think in the end I will become a better guitar player and maybe understand Jimmy Page just a little bit more, or at least how his mind worked creatively and how he developed as a musician. That's the goal anyway. I intend to explain the ins and outs of each song and then play them, describe how its going in the process, what parts are easy, what parts are difficult. Hopefully if you do end up reading it, you might be able to learn along with me.

I'm very excited about this venture and I invite you all to take the journey with me. So take a look, I've already figured out how to play skiffle like a 13 year old Jimmy Page and you can see how to do so yourself.

Take care everyone.

Here is the link in case you are at all interested....

http://findingzoso.blogspot.com/

Zosofancmr

Nice and interestin blog, I've added it to my reading list.

Merci Beaucoup! I assure you that it will get more interesting as time progresses. The early stuff can be a little dull, but I think it's really important to have those building blocks in there. It's also cool to learn a little more about the obscurer aspects of someone so widely reported on.

I've already figured out how to play skiffle like a 13 year old Jimmy Page and you can see how to do so yourself.

Ah yes but can you whistle the harmony to "Cotton Fields" like young Master Page?

The blog looks brilliant, well done and I REALLY like your idea. Best of luck to you.

Well thank you, of course I will try to be as accurate as possible, I would never dream of doing a disservice to Jimmy, so please if I do make any errors, feel free to call me out.

I spent this morning learning "Happenings Ten Years Time Ago" by the Yardbirds and have just posted it, so go ahead and check it out. I hope it meets everyone's approval.

Is there any chance of you recording yourself playing these songs and including them in the blog?

That's is absolutely something I want to do! For the earlier stuff the only reason I haven't really done so is because of the collaborative aspect of the work I've covered. Once I get into Jimmy's personal efforts I totally want to do videos and recordings of myself playing, and even verbally explaining whats going on.

Great thought!

Here is good example of a nice multitracked recording. Nice and up close with free backing track.

http://www.youtube.c.../10/_3NidZwW8xQ

I could definitely do something like that. I do have a recording setup that I use; a Shure SM57 dynamic microphone through my Macbook pro using Logic Pro Studio to mix and master. Sounds nice and crisp.

Thanks again everybody! I wanted to let you all know I've posted a few more posts, the first about Jimmy's session guitar work on the Tom Jones "It's Not Unusual". The second was about Jimmy's first Fender Stratocaster and Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman. The third was about Jimmy Page's work in producing John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton which not many people know about, so check it out!

Hey everybody, I've got about 25 posts in total on my blog finding zoso. I would love some feedback, things you think I'm doing right, things that need improvement. Corrections, additions, things you'd like to see in the future. You guys are my main resource I need to lean on to make this thing incredible. So check it out and let me know what you think

With regard to your blog feature on Led Zeppelin at The Edgewater Inn:

Robert Plant stayed at The Edgewater on June 19th 1988 for his Seattle Center Coliseum concert the same date.

Robert also stayed at The Edgewater for his Paramount Theatre concerts on October 4th & 5th 1993.

Jimmy & Robert stayed at The Edgewater on May 24th & 25th 1995 for their Tacoma Dome concert May 25th.

Archived