Page Olympics Rumour

truth and beauty

Don't get too excited - it's only twitter... from tonight.

Kerry Hammond @Attilathehump

@quantick Hearing rumours that Jimmy Page & Morrisey are doing a version of Stairway to Heaven at Olympic opening ceremony.

I know nothing about Kerry Hammond or how reliable his sources are for any rumours he spreads. And no comment about that supposed combination !

I do think Danny Boyle and the organisers of the Olympics opening ceremony would be churlish not to provide a role for JP, whether or not he chose to take it up .

Danny Boyle's Olympics opening theme is "isle of noises" .. drawn from The Tempest :

CALIBAN:

Be not afeard. The isle is full of noises,

Sounds and sweet airs that give delight and hurt not.

Sometimes a thousand twanging instruments

Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices

That, if I then had waked after long sleep,

Will make me sleep again.

It's not going to be Jimmy Page and Morrissey. Nor is the number going to be "Stairway To Heaven". Chelsea Clinton just tweeted that it's going to be "Willie and the Hand Jive" performed by Johnny Marr and Axl Rose with Eric Clapton sitting in doing the hambone. The revolution will not be televised.

Well after Puff Daddy and Leona Lewis......I'm not sure I'd bet the house against it.

Come to think of it, Jimmy doing an instrumental Stairway as on the Outrider tour.....sounds pretty tasty to me. I can see the Queen singing along now....

Rumor has it Jimmy has been working on his skills as a high hurdler and plans to do not only win the senior level event, but then to do a victory lap playing "Getty on up ole goose" on the banjo. This will be used as an infomercial to inspire those over 60 to exercise and keep active. Limited edition photos by Ross Halfin will be sold on Jimmy's web site with prices ranging from 199.00 to 499.00.

If Jimmy let's Morrisey sing Stairway To Heaven he has official gone insane. It's one (terrible) thing to help a talentless rapper rip off Kashmir but Stairway is too sacred to help someone else semi-remake. NO ONE SINGS IT BUT ROBERT AND NO ONE PLAYS IT BUT JIIMMY OR JPJ!

Limited edition photos by Ross Halfin will be sold on Jimmy's web site with prices ranging from 199.00 to 499.00.

I love your humour :thumbsup: . Recently, Halfin has been plugging his new site which will be revealed soon, and is going to have plenty of photos for mugs to buy :whistling:

Edited by kenog

I thought Jimmy will do it again this year at the olympics. Didn't he say that in an interview in 2008?

...I also remember to be this way....God Bless his health and happiness...beautiful it is always to see the Legendary Musicians gracing our lives to date...

I love your humour :thumbsup: . Recently, Halfin has been plugging his new site which will be revealed soon, and is going to have plenty of photos for mugs to buy :whistling:

Thanks. I try to keep things light and fun; not taking all this too seriously. I, like many of us, hope for new music and projects from Page, but know as time marches on, its a long shot. The Halfin site will be interesting and I'm sure Page will be one of many mugs for sale........ Peace Edited by Mudslider

The only song Morrissey would perform with Jimmy Page that Page had any involvement in is Marianne Faithfull's "Come And Stay With Me" as that was the first single Morrisssey ever bought. As a huge Smiths fan I can assure you Morrissey is not a Led Zeppelin fan, I doubt he'd even recognize one of their songs much less sing one.

Forget it. Jimmy will if ever only play with plant jones and bonham and not with somebody else.

Except for those times when he played with the Firm, the Black Crowes, Roy Harper, Willie and the Poor Boys, Jack White, the Edge, Leona Lewis and Lord knows, who else.

To end this farce, the bands playing are Duran Duran, New Order, The Specials, Snow Patrol, The Stereophonics, & Paolo Nutini. Now relax, Morrissey won't ruin "Stairway To Heaven" & Jimmy Page won't ruin "Everyday Is Like Sunday". Continue as you were....

• 3 weeks later...