Sky Watch

betteremily

haha yeh its amazing there were any even in the 20th centruty, i remmeber reading someone say 'nothing can prepare you for the dissapointment of hearing the Greatful Dead for the first time' and after borrowing Live Dead from some wannabe stoner hippy freak I have to agree, truly terrible music

any ideas? wish something like this would happen over my house! :)

Hi slave, Merry Christmas to you!

I looked at those photos and they are very odd.

I tend to be a bit skeptical of photos since there have been so many hoaxes.

However, I do believe we are not alone in the universe.

I wish I could get to see something like this too, but that never happens when I stargaze. :) Missy

Hi slave, Merry Christmas to you!

I looked at those photos and they are very odd.

I tend to be a bit skeptical of photos since there have been so many hoaxes.

However, I do believe we are not alone in the universe.

I wish I could get to see something like this too, but that never happens when I stargaze. :) Missy

hi missy :)

imagine if there were no idiots making fake ufo pics/videos ....

hope you get to see something, too!

haha yeh its amazing there were any even in the 20th centruty, i remmeber reading someone say 'nothing can prepare you for the dissapointment of hearing the Greatful Dead for the first time' and after borrowing Live Dead from some wannabe stoner hippy freak I have to agree, truly terrible music

I never liked them either Nick. I do know that Garcia was a decent guitarist though

...seen something weird in the sky the other day. It was still daylight and I looked out my window and saw a bright light moving slowly through the sky. I watched it for a couple minutes and watched it vanish into thin air. Weird, man. haha

Maybe the sun reflecting off a plane?

Jupiter, Moon Align tonight :

Jupiter will appear just a bit over one-half degree from the limb of the moon. (One-half degree is roughly equal to the moon’s apparent width). In the western United States, the closest approach will come before sunset, but moon and planet will still appear to be quite close together as darkness falls.

http://news.yahoo.com/jupiter-moon-align-christmas-skywatching-treat-120844842.html

i bought my darlin 'hubby a telescope for chrissy!

he was surprised :)

just getting it set up .....

Great gift for the "Hubby". Too bad the telescope wasnt a Hubby. IE, the Hubble. Ha. A poor attempt at humour. Anyway, I know that Seeds book gives a rating of telescopes and their ability to reflect vs refracting power. I do not remember the ones they recommended off hand. If I run across the book i will look into the matter. Alot of good viewing will depend on where you live. I never bought a telescope of quality for the reason of where I live alone. I live in a very poor area for observing. Too cloudy.

That’s cool STZ, I’ve heard about this footage last week, but have not had time to see it yet. ….90% of my time on the forum is on my tablet, and that doesn’t have flash, so I can’t watch youtube, unless there is a direct link. But I’m on my lap top this morning and just watched the plane footage. It’s not the wing tip light, they ruled that out on the footage. My only assumption is that it could be, ( if they were flying over an ocean) , oil wells off in the distance. They have fire on the top of each well .

I don’t think it would be a blimp due to the speed of the airliner, the blimp wouldn’t be able to run side by side to the jet at that speed, also I don’t think it’s another commercial plane due to the lack of blinking running lights.

Here is footage that are oil wells from the Gulf of Mexico a few years back, I’m sure you have seen this footage, its made the rounds on UFO shows:

Edited by zepscoda