Sky Watch

betteremily

That’s cool STZ, I’ve heard about this footage last week, but have not had time to see it yet. ….90% of my time on the forum is on my tablet, and that doesn’t have flash, so I can’t watch youtube, unless there is a direct link. But I’m on my lap top this morning and just watched the plane footage. It’s not the wing tip light, they ruled that out on the footage. My only assumption is that it could be, ( if they were flying over an ocean) , oil wells off in the distance. They have fire on the top of each well .

I don’t think it would be a blimp due to the speed of the airliner, the blimp wouldn’t be able to run side by side to the jet at that speed, also I don’t think it’s another commercial plane due to the lack of blinking running lights.

Here is footage that are oil wells from the Gulf of Mexico a few years back, I’m sure you have seen this footage, its made the rounds on UFO shows:

ah yes, i see how it could be fires.

ah yes, i see how it could be fires.

I dont know, I've been thinking about it, and its just one light. With wells, I would think there would be several lights, as in the gulf video...if its not a fake, Its some of the best footage in a long time.

Somebody translate this

Reporter; let's shut this eruption in a green filter and the kooks will go crazy

Camera man: I'll flah my laser pointer on and off and thy won't know what to think

Reporter : one momento let me get read this script in jibberish and they'll really get a rise.

Camera man: you are so crazy you son of bitch. They'll be asking for their Brazilian friends to translate

Reporter; let's shut this eruption in a green filter and the kooks will go crazy

Camera man: I'll flah my laser pointer on and off and thy won't know what to think

Reporter : one momento let me get read this script in jibberish and they'll really get a rise.

Camera man: you are so crazy you son of bitch. They'll be asking for their Brazilian friends to translate

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

this really annoys me. still, hope you had fun.

this really annoys me. still, hope you had fun.

Slave to Zep, what annoys you? The part where he made fun of the translatiion? IE made it sound like it was fabricated? Do you believe strongly that UFO's truly exist? I just cannot believe in it. Not with what I have learned in astronomy about time and distance. But maybe some forms of intelligent life could live far longer than us?

like someone else just posted in the master forum, i don't know why people who have no interest in a subject feel the need to post in them.

Oh on the contrary, your post are very interesting just not believable. If the thread was limited to UFO buffoonery I would not bother reading it. The first post talks about scientific as well as the Hokie. I often pick up valid information about real astronomy, for instance upcoming meteor showers and the quadrants they can be found in. If you want to start an abducted by alien thread, be my guest but remember it is a public forum. If you post something I find amusing, you can bet your arse I might comment.

I rather thought this thread was about astronomy too?

I must stick up for Black Dawg here. He did not go off topic. He simply joked about those guys reporting an apparent UFO sighting we have seen so many of. But we have no dead alien or Bigfoot for that matter do we? Now we are both on the fucking clothes line Black Dawg. LOL

I must stick up for Black Dawg here. He did not go off topic. He simply joked about those guys reporting an apparent UFO sighting we have seen so many of. But we have no dead alien or Bigfoot for that matter do we? Now we are both on the fucking clothes line Black Dawg. LOL

Thanks Rick even though you are a Bills fan.

For those really interested in the heavens here is a nice link that explains celestial events for us hobbyist.

http://earthsky.org/tonight

As some of you know, I view the UFO phenomenon with one eye of a skeptic and the other of a believer, simply because I’ve seen something that I could not explain back in the early 80’s. In the day and age of youtube and home video post production, there are so many hoaxes out there, it dilutes the 5% that has kept my interest on the subject. Yet that 5% is still there, it’s just harder to filter out.

Here is some news that has been announced during that last couple of days that would be of interest to those into astrometry , skeptics and the believers alike.

It pertains to the planets orbiting a star called Kepler-32:

" Milky Way may have 100 billion planets "

http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2013/01/03/Milky-Way-may-have-100-billion-planets/UPI-58681357251056/