Sky Watch

betteremily

good to see you can have an open mind , ledzepfav77. i feel the same about hoping to find some answers before i die. maybe they would look like us, maybe nothing like us. maybe we can't even see them with our eyes! it is fascinating to think about .

black dawg, i would like to ask you to please refrain from the childish jokes, it's getting old. i know you think it is funny to do that, but to me, it isn't. i'm asking nicely. thanks :)

good to see you can have an open mind , ledzepfav77. i feel the same about hoping to find some answers before i die. maybe they would look like us, maybe nothing like us. maybe we can't even see them with our eyes! it is fascinating to think about .

black dawg, i would like to ask you to please refrain from the childish jokes, it's getting old. i know you think it is funny to do that, but to me, it isn't. i'm asking nicely. thanks :)

Ill try and call off the Dawgs. LOL

Ill try and call off the Dawgs. LOL

i don't mean to sound like a baby, but i do get tired of people constantly poking fun at my beliefs. if i did that to someone elses, i'd probably be banned, and i get sooooooooo sick and tired of it. bd seems an intelligent person, but continues with this line, even after i asked him not to once before.

i can ignore it to a point, but why should i have to?

i don't mean to sound like a baby, but i do get tired of people constantly poking fun at my beliefs. if i did that to someone elses, i'd probably be banned, and i get sooooooooo sick and tired of it. bd seems an intelligent person, but continues with this line, even after i asked him not to once before.

I think what you mean is that you have an open mind. I doubt you believe anything when it comes to alien life without some form of proof? Certainly the evidence suggests they must exist. But are they intelligent? How far away are they if they are? And have they ever been here? I do not believe they have ever been here. I do think there are people that pull pranks to fool us

I think what you mean is that you have an open mind. I doubt you believe anything when it comes to alien life without some form of proof? Certainly the evidence suggests they must exist. But are they intelligent? How far away are they if they are? And have they ever been here? I do not believe they have ever been here. I do think there are people that pull pranks to fool us

i do believe.

ancient alien astronaut theory.

I really find it hard to believe that you are offended by the Great Gazoo. I think it is more childish to ignore that the popular culture iconic alien doesn't offer a degree of humor. It is not meant to ridicule your belief but to lighten the subject matter. If I find something to be funny, i will lampoon it. Why is it that conspiracy theorists take any opposition to their perspective as an affront? If you are so willing to accept your point of view, why can't you see that others don't accept it so willingly? If your posts are an attempt at converting others, they may also serve to dissuade. Have you ever heard the saying it cuts like a two way sword?

The answer to that is because it is a forum. Not a private conversation. When you bring your thoughts forward they are open to the members. Maybe you should take a look at the definition.

1a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged:

source: Oxford Dictionary.

If my attacks were truly personal, I would understand your displeasure. My post have been aimed at ideas and not the person behind them.

Erich Von Daniken type stuff?

The problem with his so called theory is he doesn't give the ancient people any credit for their discovery and technology. This just discredits the capabilities of the human spirit. It is so ethnocentric to think that only modern scientific findings are capable of advance planning and building. Just take the Mayan Calendar that was misinterpreted by so called advanced society for an example. Just because we can not decode a message doesn't mean that we invent a conclusion. Science is based on looking at evidence objectively not taking a thread of it and building fanciful ideas that fit our imagination. We need to more critical as a society and less accepting of our preconceived ideas. It sells books and attracts audiences to theatres but it is not evidenced based and has no real validity.

Edited by Black Dawg

Chariots of the Gods. I read it many many years ago. Very interesting stuff

I remember the movies in the 70s. I didn't believe it then. I was more interested in the archeologists studying the pyramids rather than some bogus alien BS concocted to appeal to the masses.

I find it more fascinating to painsatkingly uncover the past than to fabricate a hoax.

I remember the movies in the 70s. I didn't believe it then. I was more interested in the archeologists studying the pyramids rather than some bogus alien BS concocted to appeal to the masses.

I find it more fascinating to painsatkingly uncover the past than to fabricate a hoax.

Well we now know that the famous Bigfoot film was a hoax just as was the 1960ish photo of the lock ness monster. There were some interesting things in that book, the Pyramids themselves are a mystery. And Stonehenge amoung others

Well we now know that the famous Bigfoot film was a hoax just as was the 1960ish photo of the lock ness monster. There were some interesting things in that book, the Pyramids themselves are a mystery. And Stonehenge amoung others

There have been many interesting scientific proposals about the construction of the pyramids. The fact that they haven't been totally proven does not give license to invent an aliens built it mentality. Feeding bs to the masses does not make it wholesale truth if it makes the best seller list. Science is a process that puts forth a proposal and then challenges it. It takes patience through investigation not fanciful stories that make a good read.

Oh and your Stonehenge is not really that much of a mystery if you get under the microscope. Take a gander.

I really find it hard to believe that you are offended by the Great Gazoo. I think it is more childish to ignore that the popular culture iconic alien doesn't offer a degree of humor. It is not meant to ridicule your belief but to lighten the subject matter. If I find something to be funny, i will lampoon it. Why is it that conspiracy theorists take any opposition to their perspective as an affront? If you are so willing to accept your point of view, why can't you see that others don't accept it so willingly? If your posts are an attempt at converting others, they may also serve to dissuade. Have you ever heard the saying it cuts like a two way sword?

i am not the least bit offended by the great gazoo. i am offended that after i explained that you were offending me, and why, you still persist.

why is it that people who fear an alternate theory, dismiss it immediately as bogus alien bs?

no, not knowing all the facts about the pyramids ( and so many other mysteries ) does not give the ok to just stamp it as alien made. but neither does it give the ok to just dismiss it.

yes, a forum is a place to exchange views, not make fun of someone elses.

so you don't believe in the ancient alien theory. that's fine, i have no problem with that. i do not believe in god, or jahova or allah or any of the others religions. you will immediately ask why am i bringing religion into this? well, to try and get you to see that my belief in the ancient alien theory takes the place of religion to me, and i am just so tired of having to put up with ridicule from you (and others ) for this. don't you, can't you understand that?????

to get back on topic ...

this is in my state, but not close to me. could be any number of things.....

http://www.mudgeegua...htings/?cs=1485

and

http://www.latest-ufo-sightings.net/2013/01/bright-ufo-hovering-above-lincolnshire.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Edited by slave to zep

i am not the least bit offended by the great gazoo. i am offended that after i explained that you were offending me, and why, you still persist.

why is it that people who fear an alternate theory, dismiss it immediately as bogus alien bs?

no, not knowing all the facts about the pyramids ( and so many other mysteries ) does not give the ok to just stamp it as alien made. but neither does it give the ok to just dismiss it.

yes, a forum is a place to exchange views, not make fun of someone elses.

so you don't believe in the ancient alien theory. that's fine, i have no problem with that. i do not believe in god, or jahova or allah or any of the others religions. you will immediately ask why am i bringing religion into this? well, to try and get you to see that my belief in the ancient alien theory takes the place of religion to me, and i am just so tired of having to put up with ridicule from you (and others ) for this. don't you, can't you understand that?????

No , I can't understand because no one the forum has ridiculed you. I am simply stating that the post you believe offer evidence for your topics of discussion my also lead to disprove your point of view. All my post say is that when there is issues with evidence and drawing a proper conclusion more investigation is in order. Your accusation that somebody interferes with your belief is an infantile assertion.

Maybe you need a lesson in how religion hampered scientific development. The Roman Catholic church for years stifled development of proper investigation because it did not fit with view. Galileo had to denounce his ideas of celestial movement. A helio centric model of the heavens was denied when today we value it as truth. Just because you believ doesn't give you the right to say yo are being attacked. Isn't your view becoming as tyrrinical as the institutions you rail against?

Without critical debate and advancement of thought through proper channels, we will remain in darkness. Science can't explain everything but don't deny it's ability to examine rightful course of investigation.

When you champion a hoax you are either a fraud or have been defrauded. Don't allow this chicanery to go unchecked

Jupiter and the moon will have its closest conjunction on January 21, that's just 2 days away. It will not be this close again until 2026. Check it out a beautiful sight. Indeed.

http://en.es-static.us/upl/2013/01/Jupiter_moon_1-18-2013_Timothy_Boocock_Trysil_Norway.jpeg

http://earthsky.org/tonight

Edited by Black Dawg

“There are many hypotheses in science which are wrong. That's perfectly all right; they're the aperture to finding out what's right. Science is a self-correcting process. To be accepted, new ideas must survive the most rigorous standards of evidence and scrutiny.”

Dr. Carl Sagan

"There are many hypotheses in science which are wrong. That's perfectly all right; they're the aperture to finding out what's right. Science is a self-correcting process. To be accepted, new ideas must survive the most rigorous standards of evidence and scrutiny."

Dr. Carl Sagan

Yet they have very much arrogance and put out their theories on the extinction of the dinosaurs and the big bang theory as fact.

Yet they have very much arrogance and put out their theories on the extinction of the dinosaurs and the big bang theory as fact.

Rick, I thought we went over that one. They are not theories, just propositions being investigated by science. The mass media and education systems take a little bit of information and propose them as fact. This is not he work of the scientific community. It is a misunderstanding of the process. There are many times when newspapers print a study conclusion as fact but the sample size may may be to small to present the findings as conclusive . Once a test or experiment has had a positive conclusion it must be reexamined. The problem with Chariots of the God's and Alien Astrunaut explanations is they haven't with stood scrutiny. The hoaxes that you chronicled in early posts Bigfoot and loch Ness can not be duplicated. Therefore they are dismissed by scientific reasoning.

“You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe”

Dr. Carl Sagan.