Sky Watch

betteremily

Nothing for the history books, but here it is:

PASADENA, Calif. - NASA's Mars Curiosity rover has used its full array of instruments to analyze Martian soil for the first time, and found a complex chemistry within the Martian soil. Water and sulfur and chlorine-containing substances, among other ingredients, showed up in samples Curiosity's arm delivered to an analytical laboratory inside the rover.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/news/msl20121203.html

I saw a HUGE fireball in the sky this morning, with a bright emerald green tail that turned to gold as it dissipated . The meteor itself was very large, the biggest I have ever seen, then a huge flash as it exploded in the atmosphere. I couldn’t hear any boom, I had posted a link from some news footage, but came back to remove it due to it was the wrong footage.

Edited by zepscoda

Nothing for the history books, but here it is:

PASADENA, Calif. - NASA's Mars Curiosity rover has used its full array of instruments to analyze Martian soil for the first time, and found a complex chemistry within the Martian soil. Water and sulfur and chlorine-containing substances, among other ingredients, showed up in samples Curiosity's arm delivered to an analytical laboratory inside the rover.

http://www.nasa.gov/...sl20121203.html

NASA has to not over egg the pudding , find first, check result, double check result, before the leaks/PR comes into play.

I saw a HUGE fireball in the sky this morning, with a bright emerald green tail that turned to gold as it dissipated . The meteor itself was very large, the biggest I have ever seen, then a huge flash as it exploded in the atmosphere. I couldn’t hear any boom, I had posted a link from some news footage, but came back to remove it due to it was the wrong footage.

wow, must have been beautiful! i'd love to see one of those :)

There is some footage that has been posted , not great, but Im sure some better video will show up...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXuRJ5OvLuY

Thanks for posting. lets say for the sake of argument it was a meteor the size of the one shown? Would we expect it to disintigrate when it hit the Earths atmosphere? Or would it have enough power and force of gravity to leave a good size hole in the Earth wherever it hit? Let us know if they find any place of an impact?

Hey Rick….no one has found it yet, but this new news footage talks about where it might be. Living up in Peekskill NY during the famous “Peekskill Meteorite” and seeing how large that was compared to its trail in the sky, I would say, if this is made of the same materials, we should have something of the size of a volleyball and or other smaller fragments on the ground right now. Whoever finds it will make a lot of money!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqMHw0P9zl8

Hey Rick….no one has found it yet, but this new news footage talks about where it might be. Living up in Peekskill NY during the famous “Peekskill Meteorite” and seeing how large that was compared to its trail in the sky, I would say, if this is made of the same materials, we should have something of the size of a volleyball and or other smaller fragments on the ground right now. Whoever finds it will make a lot of money!

Perhaps? If it is intact and if it can be authenticated. I have strong doubts.

CBS NewsNewfound Asteroid Buzzes Earth Inside Moon's OrbitSpace.comA newfound asteroid gave Earth a close shave early today, zipping between our planet and the moon just two days after astronomers first spotted it. The near-Earth asteroid 2012 XE54, which was discovered Sunday (Dec. 9), came within 140,000 miles ...Watch Live: Asteroid Toutatis Gives Earth a Cosmically Close ShaveWiredAsteroid the size of a large mountain to zoom past earth TuesdayLos Angeles TimesAsteroid 2012 Livestream: Where To Watch The Giant 4179 Toutatis Flyby EarthiScienceTimes.comSmithsonian

http://thunderfeeds.com/reader/news/newfound-asteroid-buzzes-earth-inside-moons-orbit-spacecom

Edited by zepscoda

yes, does seem weird that no explanation available. i thought that maybe someone on here lived in the area?

Maybe there are aliens hiding in the one place we would never figure. The center of the Earth! We know very little about the deep core of our own planet. What kind of life is down there. The oceans have to be displaced or bottomless in some areas one would think. But are there huge area's that could have a supply of oxygen down there?

the obvious answer is they are all hiding out underwater, they could have been there for thousands of years, millions even. Think about it, 7/8 of the worlds surface is water, and most of it is very deep and totally unexplored, they could easily convert the water to oxygen if thats what they need, and they could set up false sea bottoms to cover their cities up, and nobody up here would know a damn thing about it. There are probably more of them down there than us up here, with shopping centres of a size and quality our ladies couldnt even begin to imagine.

I saw a shooting star tonight, but I forgot to put it in my pocket. Dang it! haha!

haha very good, I watched an old Big Bang Theory last night, the one where they all (except Sheldon) go out cmaping to watch for shooting stars but they bought some cookies from some Greatful Dead fans and ended up missing them all because they got shitfaced lulz