markbowmanimages

These have never been published anywhere in the past 37+ years.... Thanks, Sam for archiving them!!

I wish I would have had a better camera than a crappy little Kodak 110 camera with a single roll of 24 images for Houston 1975...Ahh,. the "old days" What I would have given to have had my Nikon!

Time to share them - these are for DavidZoso, to add to his mighty archive....!

ENJOY L.Z.F.!!

JPJ-James-Patrick-Page-and-Bonzo-Houston-1975.jpg

JP-Doubleneck-Houston1975.jpg

JPJ-and-JP-Houston-1975.jpg

Led-Zeppelin-Live-Houston-1975.jpg

Exelent pictures!! What are your thoughts this show?

Thanks!!

First show of the 2nd Leg of the 1975 US Tour.....

They were well rested after 2 weeks off, Robert's voice was in great shape, JP was on fire and by all accounts, one of the best shows of the 1975 tour....

Unfortunately, no bootleg (Audience or Soundboard) has ever surfaced of this show to date..... I would REALLY like to hear this show... (Baton Rouge 75 Soundboard is about as close to the set as possible - it was the night after Houston and Robert's voice was a little worse for wear in Baton Rouge after 3+ hours of mayhem the night before in Houston!)

OH SHOWCO!!!!!

These have never been published anywhere in the past 37+ years.... Thanks, Sam for archiving them!!

I wish I would have had a better camera than a crappy little Kodak 110 camera with a single roll of 24 images for Houston 1975...Ahh,. the "old days" What I would have given to have had my Nikon!

ENJOY L.Z.F.!!

JPJ-James-Patrick-Page-and-Bonzo-Houston-1975.jpg

JP-Doubleneck-Houston1975.jpg

JPJ-and-JP-Houston-1975.jpg

Led-Zeppelin-Live-Houston-1975.jpg

Are all of these photos taken by you? Great!

Are all of these photos taken by you? Great!

Yes, I took all of these with a bad Kodak instamatic camera with technology from the early 70's - they were not very good and the film itself was very small, hence the grainy photos. Fortunately, I was up on the front row and that helped a lot, since I had no zoom or focusing capability

ENJOY L.Z.F.!!

Mark thanks- those are some awesome shots. I am gonna put them over in the Houston thread to.

Nice work Mark! I can't believe how good they turned out with a Kodak 110. I took some concert photos once with a 110 and they were all washed out.

Any thoughts on how the Houston concert compared to the Dallas ones?

Thanks for the kind words about the Instamatic photos, Strider - and the rest of you on the cool comments on this thread. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to see the DFW area shows in 75, but it appeared the audience was somewhat lethargic in Dallas on the March 4 soundboard, when Plant was chastising the audience to take it up a notch and be a little more energetic....

The thing that stood out for me in Houston - they were in top form that night (Stephen Davis' book on the 1975 US Tour details this show) and that Plant commented about how this was a "really good gig" with good vibes in the air and how it was great to see so many smiles in the audience....There were no fights up front around me against the stage and it was just a "magickal" show in general.... It was also the FIRST show they played after the actual release of the Physical Graffiti double LP... It was nice to see Kashmir, Trampled Underfoot, IMTOD, Sick Again, etc. with their new live arrangements after listening to the album for a couple of days... JPJ's solo on NQ was getting more classical than the earlier 75 shows, as evidenced by the Baton Rouge soundboard that was recorded the next night.....

You could also tell in the Baton Rouge 75 SB that Robert was a little hoarse after blowing down the house the night before in Houston... It was a surreal night - during the 3+ hour gig, and being up against the stage under Plant's mic - I was drinking in every sight and sound like a starving person - fully realizing that what I was witnessing was something I would remember in great detail FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.... Turned out to be true, even after 37 years...!

Lastly, I will never forget this - somebody tossed up a lit joint to Robert between songs... He looked at it, stepped on it and put it out - looked into the crowd and said, "No Thanks - I don't smoke....!"

Hilarious!!!

We need that unheard Houston 75 soundboard, SHOWCO!

Archived