BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

On 2/27/2022 at 11:08 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Beef Brisket. In the slow cooker since 10 this morning. Loads of veggies in the pot which will be squeezed and made into gravy. Mash and Broccoli and a good full bodied red will be splendid.

how did it come out in slow cooker? never had it that way, did you brown it first? thanks

14 hours ago, custard pie man said:

how did it come out in slow cooker? never had it that way, did you brown it first? thanks

Wonderful. Yes I did brown the meat first:

Well season the Brisket. In the frying pan add a good glug of olive oil. Sear the meat on all sides. Put in the cooker. I browned Onion, Carrot, Celery and a few cloves of garlic in the frying pan. Add to the meat. 1 Ltr of Beef stock , a good splash of Worcestershire sauce and a small glass of red wine goes in with a herb selection of Rosemary, Thyme and Bay Leaves. Cooked on low for 10 hours. Remove the meat to a warm serving plate and keep warm. Squeeze all the veg through a sieve with the stock into a pan. Reduce the gravy adding a roux of flour and butter if it needs to thicken. 

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Wonderful. Yes I did brown the meat first:

Well season the Brisket. In the frying pan add a good glug of olive oil. Sear the meat on all sides. Put in the cooker. I browned Onion, Carrot, Celery and a few cloves of garlic in the frying pan. Add to the meat. 1 Ltr of Beef stock , a good splash of Worcestershire sauce and a small glass of red wine goes in with a herb selection of Rosemary, Thyme and Bay Leaves. Cooked on low for 10 hours. Remove the meat to a warm serving plate and keep warm. Squeeze all the veg through a sieve with the stock into a pan. Reduce the gravy adding a roux of flour and butter if it needs to thicken. 

I've just added "have cp cook dinner for me" to my bucket list.  Yummmmmmmmmmmm

Actually, I added it a long time ago.  One day, when I'm traveling again...  

I was hoping to make blueberry pancakes this weekend, but one look at my blueberries told me they would not last until then, so I made blueberry pancakes for dinner last night. They taste just as fine at night as they do in the morning.

A chilly evening and now it's raining. A perfect excuse to cook something in the oven and warm up the house. So I roasted a chicken with about 30 cloves of garlic and roasted some potatoes, beets, and carrots, too. Asparagus and green peppercorn sauce rounded out the meal. Chilled rosé was the beverage.

14 hours ago, Walter said:

Marinating a 7 lb Boston Butt roast. Tomorrow celebrating my mother in laws 79th birthday with smoked pulled pork. Putting the pork in the smoker at 4 am. 

Outstanding Walt. A true legend. Beats Paul's breakfast of Champions which, to be honest, looks disgusting.

We are going East this evening. Tom Yum Soup with King Prawns. Cantonese style Duck, Pancakes with Cucumber and Spring Onions. Hoi Sin Sauce. Wine and a joint or 2

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Outstanding Walt. A true legend. Beats Paul's breakfast of Champions which, to be honest, looks disgusting.

We are going East this evening. Tom Yum Soup with King Prawns. Cantonese style Duck, Pancakes with Cucumber and Spring Onions. Hoi Sin Sauce. Wine and a joint or 2

A4CBD73E-06DF-43C6-8773-E053059893AB.thumb.jpeg.af4075824dbb24cd7befe1ec30482b8b.jpegIt was delish! 😋celebrating my MIL’s 79th birthday. 

8 hours ago, Strider said:

Made a Shepherd's Pie for dinner. Butterscotch pudding for dessert. A couple pints of Young's Chocolate Stout.

I tried that Young's once.  They have  it here but I prefer Guinness.  

I am certainly addicted to Risotto now. Love the stuff but since I have this type 2 curse now I use the brown rice.

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I tried that Young's once.  They have  it here but I prefer Guinness.  

I am certainly addicted to Risotto now. Love the stuff but since I have this type 2 curse now I use the brown rice.

Apples and oranges. One's a regular stout for everyday drinking and one is a chocolate stout meant for certain occasions and foods.

I'm a Guinness man, too, but every now and then, on chilly nights, the Young's Chocolate stout hits the spot.

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Apples and oranges. One's a regular stout for everyday drinking and one is a chocolate stout meant for certain occasions and foods.

I'm a Guinness man, too, but every now and then, on chilly nights, the Young's Chocolate stout hits the spot.

Its not bad but I really did not taste any chocolate in it.  Ive tried that Oatmeal stout, good too but cost much more than Guinness which is far from cheap anyway.  I always keep Guinness on hand.  My next choice for a commonly available beer would be Blue Moon