2012/2013 NFL Playoffs

Anjin-san

Congrats to ebk and Black Dawg! I'll have to do a bit of thinking (coin flipping, rock paper scissors, etc.) before I make my Super Bowl pick and score of the game.

At this moment, I would go with the 'under' if I had to.

Well I do feel bad for Tony Gonzalez. The guy deserved better than to have his team blow a game they should have won. I think Atlanta and Baltimore would have been rated a pick game in Vegas. SF is favored by 4. Not surprised. I hope Baltimore smashes them. I do not like how they benched Alex Smith. Classless move. I am picking the Ravens for sure. I just am not sure if it will be low scoring or midranged? i would be surprised if it turned into an old San Diego type shootout. If Tony Gonzalez does not return, it will be a big hole to fill for Atlanta. He is a monster. And he deserves a grand send off just as good as Lewis will get. If you break this game down, it is pretty close. I think Gore has a little more zip, speed than Rice, but that may not matter. Flacco has the advantage of playing in big games even though you would never know Kapernick has not played in one. Will he come undone in the Super bowl like Kelly did in Pasadena? The dome may favore SF because I think they play in domes more often? Correct me if I am wrong? How many domes have the Ravens played in Black Dawg? This year I mean? Indy maybe? I have to go see who they played in the NFC.

Well I do feel bad for Tony Gonzalez. The guy deserved better than to have his team blow a game they should have won. I think Atlanta and Baltimore would have been rated a pick game in Vegas. SF is favored by 4. Not surprised. I hope Baltimore smashes them. I do not like how they benched Alex Smith. Classless move. I am picking the Ravens for sure. I just am not sure if it will be low scoring or midranged? i would be surprised if it turned into an old San Diego type shootout. If Tony Gonzalez does not return, it will be a big hole to fill for Atlanta. He is a monster. And he deserves a grand send off just as good as Lewis will get. If you break this game down, it is pretty close. I think Gore has a little more zip, speed than Rice, but that may not matter. Flacco has the advantage of playing in big games even though you would never know Kapernick has not played in one. Will he come undone in the Super bowl like Kelly did in Pasadena? The dome may favore SF because I think they play in domes more often? Correct me if I am wrong? How many domes have the Ravens played in Black Dawg? This year I mean? Indy maybe? I have to go see who they played in the NFC.

Houston.

Made money on Baltimore as I bet them with the points and on the money line also straight up. Atlanta cost me though. I would have won alot more. Fucking refs screwed them on that roughing the passer. The only roughing he ever go was the fucking tattoo artist that painted his fucking arms. I hate the prick. Hope Baltimore kicks their ass. But it wont be easy I will admnit. SF favored by 4 1/2 and the o/u is 48 now.

You got to know when to hold 'em

Know when to fold 'em

Niners go for Number 6

They should just build a Super Bowl only stadium in the exact center of the country. :^)

Not sure that will ever happen, but a good idea. Maybe with a retractable roof to make it indoor or outdoor. You'd have people bitching either way,though.

I think some reasons why it's been in New Orleans so much, is that it's an attractive city for tourist, it's in reasonable proximity of hotels, restaurants, bars, etc. Everything is close, within walking distance of The Dome and The French Quarter. We are also capable of handling large crowds, with no reported problems of crime or violence against tourist. The NFL definitly sees something lucrative and attractive about it. It's been held here 10 times. (if you count this one)

Not sure that will ever happen, but a good idea. Maybe with a retractable roof to make it indoor or outdoor. You'd have people bitching either way,though.

I think some reasons why it's been in New Orleans so much, is that it's an attractive city for tourist, it's in reasonable proximity of hotels, restaurants, bars, etc. Everything is close, within walking distance of The Dome and The French Quarter. We are also capable of handling large crowds, with no reported problems of crime or violence against tourist. The NFL definitly sees something lucrative and attractive about it. It's been held here 10 times. (if you count this one)

It may help with the Katrina aftermath.

Next one should be at Giants stadium for the Sandy victims.

It may help with the Katrina aftermath.

Next one should be at Giants stadium for the Sandy victims.

Ha,Ha...Nah, weve got shit going on all year long, and nobody knows where the money goes.

Supposedly, not as much revenue from events like this go towards the city as you would think. Im sure the NFL makes a killing. No doubt the bars, clubs , hotels, etc will do well here...But my point is, we have Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, Essence Fest, French Quarter Fest, Voodoo Fest, Local Irish/Italian parades and countless other festivals and events ALL year around. Katrina was 7 years ago. Sadly, some areas still look like WW3. I highly doubt anything will change after the SB.

BTW, I think it's due back here again in 2018.

Ha,Ha...Nah, weve got shit going on all year long, and nobody knows where the money goes.

Supposedly, not as much revenue from events like this go towards the city as you would think. Im sure the NFL makes a killing. No doubt the bars, clubs , hotels, etc will do well here...But my point is, we have Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, Essence Fest, French Quarter Fest, Voodoo Fest, Local Irish/Italian parades and countless other festivals and events ALL year around. Katrina was 7 years ago. Sadly, some areas still look like WW3. I highly doubt anything will change after the SB.

BTW, I think it's due back here again in 2018.

Well its never going to be in a cold weather city and I get that. But outdoors a bit more often would be nice. But that probably means So Cal where it never rains. Pasadena, where we Bills fans would rather forget. We did have the one in Tampa and two domers, Atlanta and Minny. I do not like the two weeks in between either. Too much hype and bullshit. I will have to learn the name of Harbaughs dogs and cats and their kids names etc. When we missed the FG in Tampa it was only one week. Due to the Gulf war or air assualt on Bagdad. I dont know what would have happened. We had beaten the Raiders 51-3 and we were favored regardless and found a way to fuck it up.

They should just build a Super Bowl only stadium in the exact center of the country. :^)

:blink: It would be GREAT to go to Wichita, Kansas for the Super Bowl wouldn't it? Everyone could go cow tipping the night before and they could put the team logos on the side of the cow! Good fun!

I know you're just kidding. But, the cities that host are supposed to be somewhat fun and/or have good weather for the festive atmosphere. BTW, it is at the new Giants/Jets stadium next year I do believe!

http://espn.go.com/n...owl-xxxvii-loss

Read the above Strider. Time Brown says your Raiders were robbed in Super Bowl vs Tampa.

And on another subject, I dont care that Harbaugh is saying Belecheck is "classy". He snubbed an interview with Steve Tasker, a guy that had to walk off the field with 4 straight Super Bowl loss's that were none his fault. He has more class than Belechek the baby ever will have. He is a baby.

I was wondering how getting your ass whooped counted as "robbery", then I read the article & Tim Brown was crying sabotage or sabotoogie as Curly might say. Either way, it just sounds like a bunch of sour grapes.

But a head coach tossing the playbook like that? Something could be true to his story.

I just dont like all games in Dome. Vikings were best team in SB III but the turf and inside shit killed them

Vikings got their asses kicked in SB IV by Lenny Dawson and the K.C. Chiefs.

Joe Namath predicted a Jets victory and succeded against the Colts in SB III.

I believe all were played outdoors in the elements.

Maybe i misread your post?

Vikings got their asses kicked in SB IV by Lenny Dawson and the K.C. Chiefs.

Joe Namath predicted a Jets victory and succeded against the Colts in SB III.

I believe all were played outdoors in the elements.

Maybe i misread your post?

The Chiefs won that game on the first SB to be played on turf. Not to the Vikings liking. That trick sideline play to Otis whatever his name was, was the game killer. It was low scoring, the Vikes were the better team. So were the Colts. Both proven the next season after the merge when rematches resulted in blowouts. The Colts took the Jets apart. I do not think Shula believed they could lose and why would they? They won the title game at Cleveland against a very good Browns team that had Leroy Kelly, 34-0!!! Len Dawsons Chiefs pulled off the second biggest upset in modern sports history in my opinion, second only to the Jets over the Colts. That was a great Vikings team that was playing in foul weather every week. You put them on a turf course it threw them off totally. Joe Kapp and company and the Vikings and even Fran Tarkenton, share the same fate as Jim Kelly and my Bills. Lost games they could have and should have won.

I think Otis Taylor? DAS?

My Favorite Super Bowl memory was the 1982 Redskins/Dolphins game. John Riggins performance was one for the ages. He was a great character .

I believe that was the game where Riggins mowed over Don Mcneal in the Miami secondary and took it to the house.

That was the first game I ever bet on and I lost my ass!

Archived