She just satisfies

Bayougal65

I know Jimmy hates the single he put out pre-Zep but I don't think it is bad at all for the time period and pretty impressive that he played everything but drums, I think on it.

But I noticed the last time I listened to "She Just Satisfies" on youtube that he blows a mean harp on it ...and I also remember reading that he was well known for his harmonica skills pre-Zep.

Does anyone know of other tracks he played harmonica on? And if he might still play?

^^^ He plays on the Coverdale Page song "Pride and Joy." I think he does a great job, although it's a clean sound, and I tend to like the dirty over-amplified Chicago style sound. What he does probably fits the song better.

There are probably others, but that one jumps out right away

^^^ He plays on the Coverdale Page song "Pride and Joy." I think he does a great job, although it's a clean sound, and I tend to like the dirty over-amplified Chicago style sound. What he does probably fits the song better.

Thanks so much, M.!

I will have to search that one out.

I have never been a fan of Coverdale so I missed out on that tune..and prob others.

:)

His memory on playing harmonica on Pride and Joy is so cute in Light and Shade. :D

I played harmonica years back when I was doing session work. I hadn't really played in about twenty years, so it was fun. But it took me about two hours to recover. I blew so hard, I saw stars!

His memory on playing harmonica on Pride and Joy is so cute in Light and Shade. :D

I played harmonica years back when I was doing session work. I hadn't really played in about twenty years, so it was fun. But it took me about two hours to recover. I blew so hard, I saw stars!

Thanks Aen!

I guess that answers my other question as to whether he still plays!

I know Robert does and is really good also!

I wonder about JPJ? :D

Jimmy's always been down on his abilities as a vocalist. I've always enjoyed his voice, though, particularly when it's audible on some of the live recordings and during the studio version of "Thank You."

Amen to that. Maybe he dislikes his "soft" voice because he prefers powerful vocals like Robert, David C. and John Miles.

Ha - me too; you'd think I was attending the Rocky Horror Picture Show the way I yelled back at the screen, "That's not true, Pagey!!"

Jaycee, who's that skinny-legged man serenading the pooch in your signature - is that the multi-talented Mr. Page?

I agree girls. Of course Jimmy can sing. I love listening to the first two albums, listening to him singing the background vocals. I also love the way he belted out the chorus for WLL at Live Aid. I wish he would sing so that it would be easier for him to get back on stage.

I love Jimmy's singing. That always confuses me when he says that. He says something similar in the Raving Arizona interview when asked about singing and I think in the Mick Wall interview from 1988. I don't know why he needs to wait for a singer. I love his singing voice. It does remind me a little of Ray Davies who he sounds a little like to me. Jackie DeShannon sang the backing on both his singles.

I agree girls. Of course Jimmy can sing. I love listening to the first two albums, listening to him singing the background vocals. I also love the way he belted out the chorus for WLL at Live Aid. I wish he would sing so that it would be easier for him to get back on stage.

It looks like he is also singing in the Japanese promo for Commincation Breakdown.

Thanks so much, M.!

I will have to search that one out.

I have never been a fan of Coverdale so I missed out on that tune..and prob others.

:)

You have missed out on what I consider to be the best pure hard rock recording released in the past twenty years! As to the discussion, Page is a very accomplished harp player and a credible vocalist.

I just found this:

Sound familiar?

It's a Kinks instrumental called Revenge. From my understanding, it was released in 1964. Wasn't She Just Satisfies released in '65?

Jimmy admits it was a 'tonue and cheek' version of Revenge. Jimmy's singing voice as I said earlier does remind me of Ray's. Yes Jimmy's only single was released in 1965.

2731996123970521425.jpg

Hey M.,

I have watched Pride and Joy over and over on YouTube since you posted this and I realized that I must have saw the video when it first came out because I remembered it, it just never dawned on me that Jimmy was playing harmonica!

I am still not a C/P fan, (not sure why), maybe it just seems very dated.

But I am struck by something else listening to it, Jimmy's harmonica style is very similar to his guitar sound.

I am convinced the man could jam out on a kazoo and make it sound gnarly & snarky! :D

Archived