2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

well said Paul

I got your well said hangin sucka!!! Nice to see you EBK. How about those O's? Chris Davis is unbelievable. So is Jones and my boy Wieters. Zeppfan17, do you really think your Red Sox are going to hang with us all year? I think not. Paul, the Mets, they are still a mystery. They cost me a parlay and I should have known better. That is why I trashed them. I have nothing against them really. Not a rival. We do not even play them. We do play Boston.

Tillman goes today, and I am hoping he is Ok. Bundy will be ready soon. My boy Gonzalez is 1-0. Not a masterpiece but he will get better.

I say King Felix will win another today in South Chicago.

Yes I do Rick you gotta believe son you gotta believe...Chris Davis is the man..

Of course you have to believe. Just like the Sabres do right now with their schedule. Baltimore has the stars. Its their turn. We have waited a long time to put a winner back on the field. I do not see a lineup in Boston that compares with ours. Tampa is my biggest fear.

Couldn't see the Mets today, thanks to some screwy blackout rules, but I checked the tv guide listings and the finale will be on Fox Sports Florida tomorrow, so at least I can see it albeit with the Marlins announcers instead of Ron Darling & Keith Hernandez.

Looking at the schedule, there doesn't appear to be a lot of compelling matchups, so I may just tune into the Twins/Orioles game.

Of course you have to believe. Just like the Sabres do right now with their schedule. Baltimore has the stars. Its their turn. We have waited a long time to put a winner back on the field. I do not see a lineup in Boston that compares with ours. Tampa is my biggest fear.

Good call Rick,Baltimore is a true force this year,the Leauge has its cycles and it could be Baltimores year.still hoping Boston has a better year than the last 2 fucked up seasons.

Boston's streak of 800+ consecutive sellouts at Fenway will probably come to an end this week. They're guessing on Wednesday due to their finish last year and too many games scheduled in April in the cold northeast. Forget the exact number but may be around 819.

Boston's streak of 800+ consecutive sellouts at Fenway will probably come to an end this week. They're guessing on Wednesday due to their finish last year and too many games scheduled in April in the cold northeast. Forget the exact number but may be around 819.

Hi Dave,

Don't believe that! Ace Tickets buys all the unsold tickets thus -creating- sellouts,...

The Yanks look in total disarray to me. I think it's time they make a decision to break up this team in a big way. Youth is certainly not on their side, even if a couple of those guys were healthy. They threw Hughes at us after pulling him from a scheduled AAA re-hab assignment. Arms must be in short supply.

After 3 million plus in attendance, getting to the Series, and selling more merchandise than any other team but the Yankees, the Tigers reported that they lost money last year. The owner responds by increasing the payroll by $10 million this year. Pizza Man watched opening day from his suite, and then went down the street to the Joe to watch his "other" team play and beat the Avalanche. Tough day for a rich guy. When I throw my trash out at my condo, half the dumpster is filled with $5 dollar pizza boxes. The laid off, the unemployed. and the poor are buying his shitty pizza and living and dying with his teams at the same time.

It's going to be an interesting year for the Yankees. I'd still like to see how they do when they get certain guys back from injury, everyone talks about age but they were old last year & still won 95 games and made it to the ALCS, so I'm not ready to throw dirt on them just yet.

That whole AL East should be fun to watch this year. The O's, the Rays, Boston looks to be better than originally thought & Toronto on paper has all the pieces but can they put it together?

Yu Darvish on the mound tonight for the Rangers. It will be interesting to see how he does after throwing about 110 pitches I believe it was against the Astros in that almost perfect game.

Aaron Laffey on the mound today for the Mets. Could this be another diamond in the rough for the Mets ala Matt Harvey?

Hi Dave,

Don't believe that! Ace Tickets buys all the unsold tickets thus -creating- sellouts,...

That's interesting Paul. Sounds like a real scam! :thumbdown:

We'll see how Laffey fairs today. Would be nice if he's another Harvey.

Can't wait for the O's to get a hold of the Yankees next weekend! long time (long suffering Orioles fan here). Been a fan of the O's since the mid 60's Frank Robinson, Brooks, Boog, etc.

Can't wait for the O's to get a hold of the Yankees next weekend! long time (long suffering Orioles fan here). Been a fan of the O's since the mid 60's Frank Robinson, Brooks, Boog, etc.

Same here, Two run homer by Hardy. Can you believe Shields, Dickey and Strasburg are all getting rocked early?

Brooks and McNally are my two all time favs

Edited by LedZeppfan77

And Verlander is getting touched up by the Yankees. Looks like a wild day in baseball.

Wieters is not catching. We are up 3-0 but with two outs bases loaded after Hammel hits batter. Fuck. We just muffed a routine popup in outfield. WTF? How do I get sucked in by the media telling me how good Toronto is going to be? Fuck me